1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Moyes wants to re-build our club!!!

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by calmcumbrian, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

MOYES PREPARING FOR CHAMPIONSHIP?

Sunderland boss David Moyes has targeted Barnsley defender Marc Roberts, according to the Sun on Sunday.

The Black Cats boss is understood to have identified the centre-back as he prepares for life in the Sky Bet Championship.

He has been preparing all season
    For the championship

2. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Hope he gets it right and is better prepared this time, he has till Xmas at best imo.

3. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

I hate changing managers all the time but I'm hoping for new owners and a complete clear out. Moyes is too stubborn and to defensive minded and doesnt have a Plan B. Get rid of.

4. adz_safc

adz_safc Active Member

Give him next season, as long as we don't get relegated to league 1 then he has his time to rebuild the club without the consistent team of strugglers i.e. Borini, Rodwell, Larsson etc

Personally I can see a very young team next season with Mick McCarthy style signings from the lower leagues and a few youngsters promoted from the u'23's with one or two experienced heads, if so, I think we should all give them a go and forget about this season, it could have happened any year in the last 10 seasons, we haven't exactly been comfortable throughout this spell in the Sky League.

In no way am I letting anyone off the hook for this season, it's been dreadful from start to finish.

Dorset, Nordic, Nacho and 2 others like this.
  5. Gil T Azell

Were looking at the Scottish leagues mate for freebies n transfers. Certainly not gonna come straight back up.

6. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

This is that attitude needed to keep sanity while we wait for the inevitable drop. Can't wait to see the kids break the first team

7. adz_safc

adz_safc Active Member

I've embraced the drop for a few years, wouldn't have minded it happening 3-4 years ago, the only time in that period I've thought we'd changed a corner was just before England came knocking for Allardyce.

Been a shambles every year apart from 3 months last season where we looked like a good team.

8. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

Very true... but I'd go back to summer 2010 - Brucie's second season. 7 seasons worth of volatile ****e, but a few magic moments (not the AJ variety).

9. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

I was watching Paul Merson on Saturday....yes I know however they were talking about Jordon leaving which surely he will and he came up with the suggestion that Grant at Stoke will probably loose his place to Buckland for next season and at Grants age he'll want first team football and would be a good fit for us.

I think this is a good idea as Grant has been a good keeper this season and he won't cost a lot and has the ready made experience we will need as I can't see Vito hanging around either. Thoughts anyone.

10. Sidthemackem

Sidthemackem Newcastle United 0-1 Cambridge United
    Staff Member

I think looking towards the U-23s with a few experienced heads added in makes a lot of sense to me. I'd rather we focused on building from the ground up for a change and that's as good a place as any to start. Moyes is still a decent manager, for all his obvious faults, and I think a stint away from the Prem limelight will help him put something together without all the usual media palaver. The mags look like they're going up ATM, but every time I've seen them they've looked pretty ****e TBH. They'll need a massive re-vamp to survive next season and that's what we need to avoid. I'd rather we re-built properly so we'd only be looking at a few quality additions to survive a return to the Prem, rather than the usual scramble for a few greedy mercenaries who just look on us as a stepping stone.

11. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

To rebuild properly Short, or whoever owns the club by that stage, needs to look around at some of the well run clubs in the Prem and in the Championship and learn from their examples. Rebuilding isn't going to happen automatically once we're in the Championship. A new approach is needed from the very top.

Gil T Azell and cumbrianmackem like this.
  12. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Wonder where we would be if we had kept Paulo, Did I ever mention I loved Paulo. :emoticon-0152-heart

Tel (they/them) likes this.
  13. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

14. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Moyes couldn't build stickle bricks.

Miserable jock twat.

15. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Just makes me like the bloke even more we still have the useless t wats he wanted to get rid of and guess what we are relegated. <doh>

16. password invalid

password invalid Well-Known Member

With DM still manager whom we all agree (mostly) is devoid of motavation has not got any experience in the championship ,how even if a big IF we come back up will he be any different than what he is now a cure for insomnia,get shot and have a young manager to grow with the team,look at lincon ,two young people who although young the team plays like a team,lets look to the future and ignore the big names.

17. LAMackem

LAMackem Well-Known Member

Bob the builder also wants to rebuild our club....think I would rather go with him....

18. Gil T Azell

SKP. Couldn't be any worse.

19. calmcumbrian

calmcumbrian Well-Known Member

SKP would be a great choice.Get rid of dour-face and bring-in a smiley-face!!Works for me.

20. Deletion Requested1

Deletion Requested1 Well-Known Member

How the f**k does Moyes expect the players to be motivated when week in and out they hear "the team worked hard and tried their best but we were lacking quality" ffs get rid asap - and any manager not just in football will tell you that