1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Moyes wants to re-build our club!!!

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by calmcumbrian, Apr 8, 2017.

1. calmcumbrian

calmcumbrian Well-Known Member

Why??? He's the clown who has destroyed our club this season.We should chase him away from the north-east NOW and never let him return.Reports in Saturday's papers say that he wants to stay and re-build our club.What a joke...he's been a flop at his last three clubs.....why would we want him to stay any longer than this month??

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  2. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

We will never ever progress until we're sold. When we're sold I bet they'll bring in their own manager. Let him and Short crack on and don't let it get you so worked up.

You're still under the impression what you(the fan) wants actually matters or factors in the decisions made for the club. He's not getting sacked, best come to terms with it. He's here for the foreseeable future.

3. Paperback Ruiter

Paperback Ruiter Well-Known Member

Whilst I agree with this the reality of it sickens me

4. Brian Storm

Yep. I've be detaching myself. **** this ****. I'll throw myself into it once Short has gone.

5. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

Ellis Short is enough to detach anything, came in tipping waiters, hopefully leaving with a few slaps and a boot up his arse..

The worst thing that could have happened to our club, sold a profit by the iconic big boy, flushed it down the toilet and never even managed to get some new bog rolls..

The sooner gone the better and he can take his haggis faced fanny batter manager with him..

hmmm said my bit..

Goodnight all..<ok>

mackemwelder and Brian Storm like this.
  6. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Bow out Dave.

Sold a dead duck.

7. Black Cat Kiwi

Black Cat Kiwi Well-Known Member

Careful what you wish for folks.

He's got plenty enough spare to be able to just liquidate the club for the fun of it not to exist, if he so wanted to and then transfer the loss!

Montysoptician likes this.
  8. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

Pretty much sums up my take on things. I feel numb towards the club. The team are not as pathetic or shambolic as under Wilko but they're as dour as their manager.

Makemstine Roger and Brian Storm like this.
  9. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

Wanting Short and Moyes out is not the answer as, by all appearances and opinions they have ruined the club, it may be worth stepping back and looking at the circumstances over time. In Short's case he has ploughed his money into the club on the advice of managers and other "footballing" people. I am not going to reiterate all that he has done to save us, but those who say his constant change of manager has led to our downfall just cannot see that those managers got us into the predicaments of the time and there was little choice but to change them, not to protect his investment or make money but maybe he believed that the fans deserved better.

In Moyes's case I see it as him possibly taking a good look at the players over the first half of the season with the January window as an opportunity to recruit suitable players. The fact this didn't happen could be nothing other than player reluctance to come here, then there was the refusal from Leics to part with Ulloa. How many other clubs could possibly have done that as well? Finally there is the injury list that a lot on here are not including in the circumstances, at any one time we had almost a team in dock, but now that is being put down to Moyes's training methods.

We have been here before in 1958 when the club was down and a hard man manager called Allan Brown was appointed to sort us out which he did, but only after we were relegated and he was the fans enemy forever yet he left us in a strong position with a very good team but people were glad to see him go. Over the years it has emerged that the team he assembled was dismantled by the next manager so he could bring in his own players once the stability had gone we started our yo-yo years from which didn't recover for some time.

As Kiwi says - be careful what you wish for.

10. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Cynical ****er<laugh>.

I agree like.

Montysoptician likes this.

11. Brian Storm

He won't do that in a million years. The bank would though without a second thought.

The Outlaw likes this.
  12. Brian Storm

Short has 'plowed' 40 million into the club which he converted to equity. The rest he's loaned us. He wants that back. You make him sound like the gift that keeps giving, but he not, he's the lender that keeps on lending and is unwilling to move the club on until he recoups it. That's why the club is over valued and he's presently struggling to sell us.

Mackem-Tiz and password invalid like this.
  13. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

<laugh>

14. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

I'll accept that amount if it has been researched to any great depth but it was in the sales brochure that he would 180mil to cover his investment in the club and he has never kept any manager short on funds until we have allegedly reached our FFP limit. Other indications in January was that we still had over 30mil unspent in January.

15. red&white wanderer

red&white wanderer Well-Known Member

I agree totally (not comfortably) but if we have the same regime in charge next season I think Moyes may well be a success.
    Enough now, 3pts needed on Sunday :emoticon-0148-yes: and Moyes hopefully loses his negative failure hangups - if not-------

16. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

Of course he wants the chance to stay at SAFC. He's been such an abject failure that he must realise that staying and rebuilding is his only chance to salvage his reputation. He must also know that Short is the only owner in the top two divisions with sufficiently little understanding of the game to employ him. The unfortunate thing is, I very much doubt that he will be able to rebuild and so we're looking at at least two seasons in the Championship at best.

17. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

Haha, cool sig Bri. <laugh>-ing at you.

18. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

19. Brian Storm

Still, my point is he hasn't been gifting us money, he wants it ALL back.

20. password invalid

password invalid Well-Known Member

aufmain (2).jpg The only way DM can rebuild the club as long as he has a hole in his back is to enroll on a bricklayers course and get in touch with. oz,nev,barry,moxy,bomber and dennis.