1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Moyes has to go

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by DAPARKERSAFC, Mar 18, 2017.

1. BIG BAZ

BIG BAZ Well-Known Member

Here man fat Sam wasn't perfect but **** me his miles better than moyes.

The Newcastle game we should of put them to bed but missed the chances. If I remember right he put ndole on left wing and he didn't track the runner.

Sam **** up the sourhamptn away game to. Putting on oshea and he was the man marking van dick man before he scored.

Now I said my stuff. Iam off to the copper rose.

2. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I said you were no better than Monty for cluelessly shouting nonsense, I never said that you said anything about 200 mil.

I'm still a bit gutted to this day that we didn't keep Sam as he's a much better manager than Moyes but seeing as we haven't got him I don't see the point in whinging about it. If you can suggest a manager who will keep us up and who would ensure that we won't be here in a years time in the exact same situation but even worse off financially then I'm all ears.

Until then you're just loud, whinging noise.

3. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

He's gone to the pub.
    He did say that.

4. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

I was trying to figure that one out, too.

Blinded by vitriol

Tel (they/them) likes this.
  5. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

Fergie and Ancelotti hehe. I want Conti now, I might give him a phone call Monday morning to leave Chelsea. one of Sam's players was sitting on the bench and brought on too late, Kasri he came on and got the ball through to Defoe straight away, why could Larsson or Rodwell not do it ?. Which managers are left, Mclaren (no thanks) Lawrie mcmenemy ? Ron Atkinson ? Nigel pierson ex Leicester would be my choice.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    Makemstine Roger likes this.
  6. gelders pie

gelders pie Well-Known Member

anyone know why Peter Reid was there today ? Probably just visiting, but could make some good rumours.

7. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

You wont get anyone better than Moyes at this stage but you may not need to, just a change can be enough by itself. Hodgeson would be good for next season but not the ideal man to bring in to fire fight (and I don't think he'd come), Pearson would (ideal I'd say), McLaren would (but you don't want him), struggling to think of anyone else.

Many points to make up, looking at the table you'd imagine that the minimum you'll need is around 34 points (Swansea have got a great run in, after Boro at home next they then have many of the mid-table 'on the beach' teams in the last few games H- Stoke, Everton, W. Brom A-West Ham, Watford plus yourselves. Palace have got Leicester, Burnley and Hull at home and you'd expect them to get 6 points minimum from their last 10.).

10 games to go and you're not out of it yet but next 3 games Watford (A), Leicester (A), Man Utd (H) are all tough games. Unforgiving for any manager.

8. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

He'll be able to reply when he gets back will he not.

9. Paperback Ruiter

Paperback Ruiter Well-Known Member

He shouldn't have been given the job in the first place. Did the not say he knocked us back last year because he didn't think we could stay up? So after that incorrect, defeatist assumption he proceeded to take over a very decent squad (for our expectations) and dismantled it. Replaced proven quality with "potential", poor loans and god awful freebies. WE the fans are paying the price for his last crack at top flight management. He was not the man for the job but amazingly one man was more stubborn than he and gave him it. Moyes out, immediately.

Woody and Makemstine Roger like this.
  10. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

We're down regardless of whether he goes now.

Let him go at the end of the season and re-assess then.

11. Billy Death

Depends how pissed he is I suppose.
    He might just eat his Chinky's, smash his lasses back door & go to bed.

Nacho likes this.
  12. Big Bad Wesley Brown

Big Bad Wesley Brown Well-Known Member

As has been stated it's too late to sack him now, really he should have gone after the Stoke game at home before we became massively cut adrift. My first choice would have been Rowett, but as mentioned above Nigel Pearson would also be a decent shout for the Championship.

Billy Death likes this.
  13. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

You lads might know better than me but who is Big Baz, I've never come across anyone who is as negative as he is, yes we are in a difficult situation with a manager who doesn't inspire great confidence, but was Kone actually injured today or did he withdraw his labour as he couldnt be arsed, if it is the latter then I agree with Baz we are stuffed but if the lad was genuinely injured then if it isn't long term then we have every chance of getting out of this mess.

My biggest worry is we have stopped scoring goals at just the wrong time. Other than that Palace won with an og, without a shot on target, Boro can't score for toffee and Swansea's new manager lift has gone tits up, Hull by the way are worse than us despite the new manager.
    Hope this makes sense cause I've had a lot to drink and I'm on a weekend away which has been spoilt somewhat by today's result.

smithy in nl likes this.
  14. Billy Death

Baz is alright, ****ing sound lad.
    If you want negativity, look at me first.

15. cumbrianmackem

Fair enough Billy, just hanging on to any last glimmer of hope, until the maths tell me otherwise I will never give up.

16. cumbrianmackem

Just an aside but I was trying to explain to our lass last night that we could be playing Fleetwood Town next season, they are about a forty minute drive from us and have a ground capacity of just over 5000. She couldn't get her head round this scenario and she knows nothing about football.
    We all laughed at the Toon going to Burton Albion this season.
    He who laughs last laughs longest...so they say.

17. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

It's not surprising that people are pissed off with Moyes I went through it myself when we had two points from eleven games or whatever it was and I still don't like him. Rightly or wrongly though it's my belief that money is so tight that we can't afford to sack him and get someone else in and besides who the **** is there available who would genuinely be worth it. It's all well and good saying sack Moyes but I haven't seen any good suggestions for what to do afterwards.

Anyway it's been discussed to death and nobody's changing their opinion so let the cards fall as they will.

18. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

Nigel Pearson would be my shout too

19. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

For those who want him gone, are we talking:

Sack him now and try and stay up
    OR
    Go down and get someone else to take it from there?

20. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

or stay up by sacking him now and put a manager in who can manage, put some fire in the belly, belief in the brain, and players who can do it not the feckers he picks now, the poor ****s he has on the bench who want to give thier all