1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Moxey Has Spoken

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by royalbarclayfan, Dec 29, 2016.

1. royalbarclayfan

royalbarclayfan Well-Known Member

So the board are backing him, for now anyway
    And we as fans, can do two things,
    Show our disapproval and start staying away
    Or back him too, and see what it brings

Nothing much has come from all the agro
    The fans have so far sent Neil´s way,
    So I would say bite the bullet and start to show
    Support for him and for his play

There´s nowt now to lose, and it may just help too
    If they all have fans on their side,
    At least the board have come with a clear, concise view
    And are not finding somewhere to hide

Like it or not, and I guess it´s a not
    They´ve now made their feelings known,
    They won´t be swayed even when things get hot
    That´s loyalty down to the bone

I respect that, even if many don´t
    Too often recently they´ve been led,
    By media and fan power, as is their wont
    Yelling ´sack him´ when things reach a head

First trial, then judgement, then sentence by fans
    Is not the way clubs should be run,
    The board are hearing the noises from the stands
    But doing what they think should be done.

Fine with me, that´s their prerogative, and I´m sure they know they have to get it right, and quickly, or they will expect and deserve the wrath of the fans.

2. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

AN can't grumble fans have backed him for much longer than performances deserve. To suggest fans have given AN a hard time is just not true, he's been backed and supported by the fans (and the board) for much longer than he should have and at a detriment to the long term future of the club.

JM Fan and DUNCAN DONUTS like this.
  3. royalbarclayfan

I´m just suggesting canario, that all the grumbling is doing nothing to help the performances of either Neil or the players, and now that the board have come out with their backing, we may as well try a different tack, or do you subscribe to the idea that even more grumbling will help, or actually change anything. I´m afraid I don´t, especially after this latest statement.

4. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

The majority of fans were happy clapping (despite really poor performances) for a lot longer than they've been grumbling. Happy clapping definitely hasn't worked, I think when the grumbling has gone on for as long as the happy clapping, then we can say it hasn't worked.

5. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

That pathetic scripted interview has done nothing more than to inflame the situation further. He, The Stowmarket Three and Balls-Up are stinking out the boardroom and destroying our club, yet there are still those that seem to be content with standing by while Rome burns. Direct action is needed before and after the next home game, whether it be staying away, turning our backs to the play or a more vociferous demonstration toward the Directors Box when things invariably go tits up during the game.
    They might think they own our club but they don't they're just custodians of it and they need to be made aware of that in no uncertain terms.

PATHETIC!

Rant Over

JM Fan and DUNCAN DONUTS like this.
  6. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Just keep on turning up watching the same long sussed out rigid one dimensional formation, lone striker with no service a pair of hapless goalkeepers a defence that concedes from nearly every set piece and most of our players playing like they are there going through the motions and don't care what happens as long as they get paid what many fans sitting in the stands earn in a year in one week.
    Well you won't RBF and even if you didn't live in Scandinavia I doubt you would go to games.
    Brentford is one of the easiest away games to go to and usually I get to a few boxing day or new year games but I will not be wasting my afternoon and hard earned cash travelling to see this shower of **** lose again.
    It's all well and good saying back the manager and cheer the side month after month of car crash displays but to actually physically do it is a different thing all together.
    If we get a new man in I will certainly go to the first home game under the new boss and cheer my head off hoping to see something different.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    KIO likes this.
  7. royalbarclayfan

Nice to see you DONUTS, but oh dear, we are in a bit of a temper this morning - like I said not long ago, not going to get into an argument with you, you´re not worth it.

canary-dave likes this.
  8. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So a club in freefall. A boardroom who haven't a scooby what to do about anything and a CEO who refuses to meet journos from Archant and insists on an 'in-house' interview only <doh>
    Never mind, a quick iambic pentameter or two and suddenly, everything in the garden is rosy once more.
    Stop living in Narnia or Utopia, RBF, and consider what is happening to our once proud football club <ok>

I don't recall seeing the words 'shambolic, 'farce' or 'lunatics' appear in your twee little verses?
    Any particular reason you won't admit the truth? :emoticon-0112-wonde

DUNCAN DONUTS and JM Fan like this.
  9. royalbarclayfan

And just whatever is your problem ? No doubt you, and others like you, will go on the rampage until you get what you want - I just don´t happen to be one of them, and any amount of sarcasm and abuse from you isn´t going to change my mind, or change how or what I write.

I had actually thought about putting ´lunatics´ into my twee little verses, but refrained, as I didn´t think those on here to whom I might have been referring, would have appreciated it.

canary-dave likes this.
  10. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Well, I'm in complete agreement with ALL of the comments on this article. For Jez to refuse an interview with Archant just goes to prove how far away the board is from the fans. It's OK, as I'll go to the occasional under 23/under 21 game and at least I get entertained then and it costs me a lot less than going to watch the first team. <ok>

11. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

My God I've criticised McNally in the past, it's only now I can see why he and Bowkett jumped ship. I have to admit that there is no way McNally would have refused anyone an interview, what a complete tosser we now have as CEO <doh>

12. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Yes, all the good that McNally did during his tenure is being undone at a very rapid rate of knots and I'm sure had he still been at the helm, AN would have been sent packing long before now.
    I still am more than slightly that Delia et al can sit back and watch our continued slide down the table without a care!!!!

KIO likes this.
  13. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

More apathy

14. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

15. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Sorry lads I thought I was on the Ipswich board for a minute!

carrowcanario, DUNCAN DONUTS and KIO like this.
  16. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

No, but those two guys will wonder where you are. <ok>

canary-dave likes this.