1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Move Over '2%' - Now It's 1.5%

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious, Sep 22, 2016.

1. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

RD met with the target 20k group (yep, still banging that drum) recently, and was asked why he was so absent.

His response, Louis Mendez reports, is because it's only 1.5% of his income. Must be nice to be so rich you can sack off a £20mil+ commodity so easily. Also leads you to believe he's not as interested in the potential KM has led us to believe.

On the face of it, we seem to be a guinea pig as some have suggested for a bigger project in RD'S eyes, which is to change the way other owners look to run a club. Problem is, he's failing miserably and certainly no blueprint for potential or existing owners to run a club.

We're a league one club with championship ambitions. Get used to it.

2. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Roland Duchatelet held a top secret meeting in London yesterday with the Target 20k Group.

There is no mention of this on their website strangely, we only know about it via a series of Tweets by Louis Mendez passed on from someone in the room.

A few RD classics from the meeting:

1. He doesn't understand the club rivalries in English football <doh>

2. He thinks football should be more like rugby, where fans mingle <doh>

3. Best of all, Charlton only gets about "1.5% of his time" <laugh><laugh>

Absolute shame on the Target20k group for meeting with this clown - if nothing else they have totally destroyed CARD's last shred of credibility.

3. User deleted as requested

"Roland Duchatelet suggested that Charlton only takes up about "1.5% off his income and resources"

In other words, what we suspected - a rich man's play thing.

ForestHillBilly likes this.
  4. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

5. User deleted as requested

Where does this top secret meeting leave CARD and the protests strategy?

6. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Nowhere in truth. This goes to show all the current protests do is probably annoy Meire. A rethink in strategy (and in personnel IMO) is needed.

7. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

THanks to this bunch of self-important idiots the club can now say that Roland has been meeting fans' groups. I didn't think they had anything to do with CARD? T20K should be ashamed of themselves for allowing themselves to be used by the club in this clandestine way. I see they were rebuffed by Jimmy Seed's grandson when they tried to involve him in refurbishing the sign on the Jimmy Seed Stand (or South Stand, as the senior management team call it).

8. User deleted as requested

I think the membership group of Target20k was all hand picked by the club i.e.: Meire

#YesMen

9. User deleted as requested

If nothing else, Duchatelet's dismissive comments prove once and for all that CARD's campaign is utterly futile and doomed. They are now giving out new lapel badges - a modern day equivalent of fiddling while Rome burns. The excerpts we have gleaned from yesterday's meeting will surely cause CARD to re-think their tactics. Duchatelet seems utterly divorced from reality, not just his "we were unlucky and played well" comments about Wimbledon but what is all that fans rivalry stuff about FFS ?

The only thing that man understands is the big stick, or total financial starvation.

10. ForestHillBilly

Exactly the conclusion I came to. Trouble is we don't have a big enough stick (yet), and the Valley isn't empty enough. And by all accounts the bars inside the Valley are well used by black & white scarves. The protests achieve nothing except to allow the CEO to play the victim which she thoroughly enjoys. I know part of the reason the protests have died down is that people want to give Slade a chance, the other reason is that the CEO has kept her mouth shut, but this cynical move exposes Roland's contempt for our club and I hope the fans on Saturday let the CEO know it.

11. ForestHillBilly

It's on the bloody OS now. Even Olly Groome wouldn't put his name to this garbage- it has the author as cafc.co.uk!

12. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

The Target 20 people should be ashamed of themselves. A bunch of sycophants hand picked by the Bitch. They are probably hand picked by Sue Perks.

13. ForestHillBilly

At least it's official now the Fantastic European Scouting Network that Richard Murray got so excited about is a kid on a computer with no football experience. SCP must be having a good chuckle.

14. User deleted as requested

The fact that yesterday's meeting is not even mentioned on Target 20k's Twitter page says it all.

Duchatelet & Meire played the Useful Idiots like a fiddle.

Box Ticked. Fans Engaged.

Shame on them.

15. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

I go to a few rugby matches each year, Harlequins fan been to their opening Aviva Premiership match contemplated getting a season ticket in the DHL stand, and I'll tell you Roland won't understand the concept.

Rugby is very highly reliant on sponsorships, and they're not as cash rich as football. TV deals are much lower. Players are not sold too often (the move clubs when contracts expire) just to conceptualise the highest transfer record in Aviva Premiership is something like £400,000. Which considering Bale was €140mil or something stupid. There's also a mural respect between players too, very staunch on traditions and honour, the losers every time I've been form a tunnel and clap the winners, and I don't think agents and Sky have ruined it yet. That's not to say it's like it in New Zealand and Australia when the sport is bigger.

It's a lot more chilled atmosphere, and like the players there's a lot of mutual respect (not saying it's better) it's just a different market.

Now say if Roland brought a rugby club, the RFU would probably have kicked him out years ago. They are more strict than the EFL and wouldn't stand for this nonesense. Also if fans stopped turning up, simply put rugby club wouldn't function as gate tickets are higher percentage of their income and they rely more and more on fans than TV deals, or rich owners.

Given the state of FIFA, FA and EFL I can see the RFU putting a lot in place to see it never happens to their sport.

Ken Shabby and ForestHillBilly like this.
  16. ForestHillBilly

Shame on the OS as well for the load of crap it's put out.If the T20k don't know by now that they are being cynically used, you can see why they have been hand-picked

17. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

Is it quite one sided and bias @ForestHillBilly, like "Roland's super busy doesn't have time for his kids and grand kids but thought it's necessary meet with us fans to discuss important matters?"

I've stopped going to the OS for news. Seem to trust the likes of The Independent, Guardian or Evening Standard for news on our club.

The Guardian does quite a good blog on the football league. I might suggest the same to The Independent.

18. User deleted as requested

Alison Sanders from the Target20k group (she is on Twitter) has been "asked to resign".

Her crime was to Tweet a jokey comment that the Douche said at the meeting that he doesn't like "negative people" around him.

Once again, shades of North Korea.

All members of the Target 20k group at the meeting have been instructed not to comment on the meeting.

Ignore the handful of creepy delusionists on ITTV - this is not our Club any longer.

19. ForestHillBilly

<applause><applause><applause>.
    This whole incident has done more than any other to expose how cynical, dishonest, insincere, ignorant and manipulative the Belgian Bums really are. It really should be a turning point for the waverers.

Ken Shabby and DickPlumb like this.
  20. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member