1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mouser Watch #2

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Hoddle is a god, May 26, 2012.

1. totsfan

totsfan Well-Known Member

just fell about laughing,when i heard on the radio Rodger's said he want's to bring the PL title back to Loserpool,he probably won't be there long enough

2. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

id thought theyd given him a 35 year contract when i heard that.

3. totsfan

totsfan Well-Known Member

only 35 years!

4. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

its the only figure i can relate to them.

5. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Depends on how many clubs are simultaneously found guilty of match fixing - but the odds of all seven clubs ahead of them being found guilty is so remote it;s not worth bothering. Especially since Liverpool have a history of that kind of thing themselves...

6. It was an incredibly ill-judged thing to say, especially when he ends up taking 'Pool to new depths. Top 4 is going to be a challenge for him, what with the stable of donkeys he has at his command, but to aspire to a top 4 place wouldn't have been so laughable, what with him only being at Klanfield for all of 5 minutes.

That's why this thread exists. Yet more pure comedy gold from those cheeky Mosuers!

7. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

oooh you said the last bit just like Poirot...sexy!

8. Billy The Spur

Billy The Spur Well-Known Member

They are saying Rodgers is the only person they made an offer to, maybe they would have made an offer to Martinez if he hadnt turned them down LAL. Also, apparently Rodgers was their number one candidate...... suppose thats why they interviewed Martinez first LAL.

LAL

9. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

To be fair to rodgers, he does have this way of delivering a speech and promise in a manner which makes you think "he means business" so you can see why he is a success when the players believe into what he is saying, like at swansea.

Normally I don't pay much attention to another club hiring a new manager but in this case it will be interesting to see how he gets on as if this goes wrong then it will be a long journey back to the top for the guy.

10. Rodgers can't be any worse than Kenny-boy.

The problem he has, though, is that he isn't revered by the average Mouser as a "king," and he simply won't be given the same degree of latitude with ****-ups that the Mousers gave Kenny-boy. Had "gentleman" Roy taken 'Pool to 8th spot in the EPL, the Mousers would have been burning his effigy down on the banks of the Mersey, but when Kenny-boy did it and got sacked for it, the very same Mousers were all for giving him a Viking's burial. It was sickening.

I very much suspect that a lot of Mousers are already storing the wax for Brendy-boy. There'll certainly be no burning long-boat for him, when he fails to match 'Pool's delusions of grandeur.

11. vimhawk

vimhawk Well-Known Member

Dunno about a 35 year contract but its a lifetime sentence because no matter where he goes afterwards someone will mention how good he was (or wasn't) at pool.

12. The Mighty Thor

The Mighty Thor Well-Known Member

I get the strong feeling that he will do the same at Liverpool as he did at Swansea,that they will start well then fall back. Sorry Scousers,this man is not your saviour.

13. Chirpy rides again

Chirpy rides again Active Member

I reckon he's got until Christmas. If they get the same sort of results they did under wee Kenny, or even slighty better, the Mousers will be all over him like a rash by then.

14. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

He can't bring a chunk of the Swansea squad with him for twelve months - presumably because he'll be back at Swansea before that clause expires...

15. Klopp's Mannschaft

Klopp's Mannschaft Well-Known Member

You're here as well? Oh well, I'll repeat what I said earlier: You really are stupid. Martinez was never offered the job. He was offered a further interview. Rodgers was always the prefered candidate (after Klopp, who was an unrealistic target) and once he heard we rated him as such (instead of after our first approach when he felt he would just be part of the process), he was happy to come to an interview and accept the job. You're wrong, so badly wrong and you're making an idiot of yourself by repeating the same media tripe on every board.

16. So, let me get this right...

Rodgers was always the first choice...after Klopp?

<doh>

Oh, sweet Lord!

17. Klopp's Mannschaft

Klopp's Mannschaft Well-Known Member

They wanted a young manager with fresh ideas and a solid idea of the kind of attacking football he wants to play. Opinions aside as to whether he'll be successful or not, they got their man. All anyone can do now is see what he does.

18. Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is reportedly ready to make a bid to sign Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini, 24.

(Source: Caught Offside)

<doh>
    Why would Fellaini want to take a step backwards?

19. Sir_Red

Sir_Red Well-Known Member

Hiag did someone in a Liverpool shirt touch you when you were young? It's ok, don't feel ashamed to share.

20. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Kuyt joined Fenerbahce for £1m.
    That slipped by almost unnoticed.
    Good player. Should've been used more often last season and would've been useful this time out, too.