1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mouser Watch #2

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Hoddle is a god, May 26, 2012.

1. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

no you just thought it was me so youll try to have a pop <ok>

but your right your a pedantic kunt <ok>

:)

2. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

Careful Drogs we give those short shrift.

3. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

and so did Drogs from his own board <doh>

maybe he thought he was on the Chelsea board so double standards are fine.

4. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was you. If it was someone else I would've said the same.

5. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

<laugh>

6. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Or...

Well done Brendan Rodgers for setting back your managerial career three years.

7. notsosmartspur

notsosmartspur Well-Known Member

What do you mean 'was'! <laugh>

8. vimhawk

vimhawk Well-Known Member

Well this BR appointment has certainly given pool-loving TalkCrap the opportunity to big them up (again). I find this "assumption" of the greatness of pool, and that [insert any excuse here] will give them a chance to regain their (rightful) top four place is an insult to all the teams that have proved themselves demonstrably better over the past few seasons.

9. totsfan

totsfan Well-Known Member

that's because they have idiot's as presenters,and that's the reason i don't listen to it anymore.

10. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It's just WUMing the airwaves.
    They make controversial statements in order to generate interest and get calls.
    Basically the shock jock equivalent for sport.

11. vimhawk

vimhawk Well-Known Member

I agree in general that's what they do, Durham being the worst, but there also seems to be a genuine belief in some of them that pool are better than they seem (to the rest of us) to be.

12. Most of the TalkSport presenters seem to genuinely believe that Kenny-boy was the new Messiah for 'Pool, and that the Yanky Devil has committed an apocalyptic act in sacking the old fool.

13. Over on the BBC's footy webpage, I note that there is a photograph of Brendan Rodgers holding aloft an LFC scarf, with the words "you'll never walk alone" print on it.

Yeah, well. We'll see how that one goes.

Just ask "gentleman" Roy how he got on with all of that.

It's all smiles and cheap promises today, but tomorrow the Mousers will be ripping him a new one.

We all know this isn't going to end pretty.

14. "The most important thing is player recruitment," Molby said. "That's an area that didn't go particularly well 12 months ago. Liverpool still need a playmaker, a wide man who can deliver and a goalscorer. And one of the first things I thought [about the appointment] was how does Andy Carroll fit into his plans? If you look at the way that Danny Graham played at Swansea, he could come deep, he could take part in the build-up and had real pace to get in behind the defence - but Andy Carroll doesn't. So, as much as Andy did better in the last month of the season for Liverpool, this will be a real tricky time for him."

(Jan Molby, ex 'Pool legend, talking to the BBC)

Whilst all the dickheads on TalkSport are beginning to whip themselves up into a frenzy over the appointment of Rodgers, hailing him as the Third Coming of 'Pool's Saviour, those with actual playing experience at 'Pool are taking a more measured view of his prospects.

It's interesting to hear Molby slate 'Pool's previous signings (under Kenny-boy), especially Downing who has - let's be absolutely brutally honest about it - been just about as bad as it is possible to imagine, worse even than Carroll. In respect of Carroll, one senses that Molby is not convinced that he can do a job for 'Pool, and he implies that they might have to dip back into the transfer market for a new target man, one who likes to play from deep, to accommodate Rodgers' style of management.

The pressure on him, of course, will be to try to integrate these two players (plus the other mis-firing purchases of last season) into his plans, because there is no way the Yanks will want to make that kind of loss on their investment. Whats Carroll worth now? £10 million, at most? Remember, even the Toon didn't want him back, and given that they finished comfortably above 'Pool one has got to accept that they were right.

Now, we all know that Carroll will never make it at 'Pool. He hasn't got the skills, or the versatility to play anything other than a bit role at the club. So, the first headache for Rodgers is how does he (a) get in the player he wants, someone that plays his way and can score the hatful of goals needed to challenge for a top 6 place, and (b) marginalise the importance of Carroll without making it obvious to the Yanks that that's what he's doing until he has some success on the clock to put him in a stronger bargaining position?

Also, what is Rodgers going to do about Gerrard? He will be to Rodgers what John "string him up" Terry was to AVB. Gerrard has long since shown that he is fast becoming a handicap to 'Pool's long term ambitions of, once again, becoming a big club, but I don't believe that the average Mouser is yet able to accept that. But, again, if Rodgers is to have any chance of doing anything big with LFC he has got to begin the process of marginalising Gerrard, with a view to his being permanently replaced with 'Pool's next big play-maker. If it ever became evident that that is going to be his game-plan, the Mousers would turn on him in an instant.

I just can't see it happening. For all his big talk, I think Rodgers is going to be overawed by it all, and will not want to run the risk of upsetting the likes of Carragher and Gerrard, and he'll end up doing exactly what Kenny-boy did, playing the same old tactics, with the same old players, and ending up with the same old results.

I have absolutely no love for Mousers; I lived for far too long with their delusions, and I love the fact that they are being forced to stared into the eyes of their own mediocrity. However, a very small part of me does have some degree of pity for what LFC once was, a long time ago, and that it must inevitably suffer the humiliation of mid-table obscurity for several more seasons, no doubt with the odd relegation battle thrown in.

15. humanbeingincroydon

According to the today's various papers, Liverpool's transfer targets are: Scott Sinclair, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Ashley Williams, Joe Allen.

You'd think that Swansea would've negotiated a release clause so that their team wouldn't be strip-mined like this. And, let's be honest, this would cost Liverpool a bundle - Sigurdsson just arrived in Swansea for £7m, Allen is valued at £10m, and they won't be letting Sinclair go cheap either.

16. Sir_Red

Sir_Red Well-Known Member

Roy walked alone the moment he let a 19 year old substitute take the blame for a loss caused by his own tactical ineptitude. In fact most people take the blame for losses under Woy, from owners to fans. Never him though, as if a "world class manager" (his words) could ever be responsible for a loss.

17. Sir_Red

Sir_Red Well-Known Member

I guess 2005 does seem a long-time ago when you're only 12yo., HIAG.

18. <doh>
    That's right. Attack a well-reasoned argument with a pathetic put-down. It's so much easier than admitting that you have no proper answer to give.

19. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

we'll never work or get a loan...is what the scarf says when you get rid of the creases and folds on it.

20. humanbeingincroydon

Seven years is a long time in modern football. Leeds went from the Champions League to League One in less time than that.