1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mounir El Hamdaoui

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Flywhitehigh, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Flywhitehigh

Flywhitehigh New Member

Been linked with this guy from Ajax for a few days now, not wanted and has a great scoring record, and of course has a good relationship with Jol as he's just left.

Sumps coming up are up to £8m, also another plus point would be that he's only 26, perhaps ship out the likes of Kamara and Johnson to make room and I think we've got ourself a good deal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mounir_El_Hamdaoui

Thoughts?

2. dempsey's revenge

dempsey's revenge Active Member

I don't know anything about him, but apparently he was named the Eredivisie's top player in 08/09 ... that list includes Dirk Kuyt, Luis Suarez, van Bommel, van Jooijdonk, Bergkamp, etc. That says something about the guy.

On the down side, he's had stints with Derby County and Spurs, but couldn't crack the starting 11 for the Spuds. He had 13 goals for Ajax this last year

The fact that Jol likes him would be good enough for me, except that Jol also likes Robbie Keane, who I think is useless.

3. FulhamCeltic

FulhamCeltic New Member

Just registered on the board, good to see all the old faces from 606 on here, I posted there as FulhamKev.

This guy seems like a decent capture, apparently he worked well with Dembele in a previous partnership. I could see AJ making an exit though if we were to sign him.

4. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

His time at Spurs, DR, was when he was a lot younger. It should be viewed in the same way as Louis Saha's time at Newcastle - a good player who wan't yet ready for the big step up - and shouldn't be held against him. His goals record at AZ and Ajax suggests that he's better than his Spurs and Derby stints.

I think this is the kind of signing we should be making - someone who doesn't have a massive reputation in this country and who we can get for the kind of fee which will seem like a bargain if he takes to life in the Premier League. Add in a manager and one team mate (maybe more, if some of our ex Spurs boys were there in his time) who he already knows and he's got better chance than most of settling in quickly.

Interested to see the fee of £8million being cited. Someone (was it FFC4L? Not sure) was quoting £4-5mil earlier in the week, and claiming that the deal was almost done. Does anyone know how far along this deal is?

Welcome to our new home, FulhamCeltic. There's less inter-club banter, but fewer wums as well. Hope to get to know you better.

5. FulhamCeltic

FulhamCeltic New Member

Much appreciated Captain!

£8 million does seem a little steep. Anyone have any estimation what MAF will be giving Jol in terms of a transfer kitty?

6. toshchamberlainsmate

toshchamberlainsmate Well-Known Member

Allegedly £15m available

Welcome!

7. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

I am hoping this will be supplemented by the sales of AJ & Salcido, as well as the savings made on wages for JP, EJ & Kamara.

8. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

If he plays even nearly as well over here as he (supposedly, I'm only going on what other people are saying) did in Holland then I'd be very happy. We'd have quite a decent attack with lots of options if he comes.

9. FFC4L

FFC4L Member

Yep, 4-5 million seems to be the deal. Not sure how much it has progressed since I last posted. Still close I assume.

10. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

Dutch guys normally settle in very well in the UK, right the way back to Arnold Muhren. Sounds like he could be a shrewd buy.

11. WhatDoesWoyWant?