1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Most hated - and why???

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by NashySFC, Feb 28, 2011.

1. NashySFC

NashySFC Member

Channonfodder - if you dont like the thread then dont comment on it???

It does not invite negativity - it invites an open opinion of a census of teams that are disliked ASWELL AS LIKED and ive asked for people to back this up. And also in my opinion i have found that since we have fallen from grace we have become more disliked from everyone - media, public, other teams etc and i was simply interested in other peoples opninions.

Please explain how this is a WUM thread or ill-predujuice? Just a simple opinion and a realistic question!

Are you saying that theres not a single team you have a slight feeling against or for and our club are loved and seen in the same light as before? Ok your opinion so fair enough.

I also believe that no saints fan genuinly believes we deserve or will romp this league - but the optimism has to be expected as it also does with the players and coaching staff. Thats life.

2. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Relax a bit man.....Just remember he has his opinion the same as you and has a right to air it, the same as you........
    you posted a thread to ask for opinion and you got it.........I don't happen to agree with him.......but I will fight tooth and nail for his right to reply.......so come on mate relax a bit, chill as they say.... We all have our opinions!

3. bpl234

bpl234 Member

My opinion of some Saints fans saying that they would walk the league did not really come from this site, but many Saints fans i knew outside of here that was the perception. I still think that it would be a major upset for you not to go up this year and believe are likely too, and that is me being a realist.
    Like i said i dont hate Saints, nothing wrong with the club and think the emphasis of the youth structure is great and having played against the youth teams years gone by i think it is brilliant.
    The other thing that i didnt find a bit petty from the other site was a few comments about Bournemouth only playing teams that were out of form, which is a quite bizarre statement to make.

4. NashySFC

NashySFC Member

No i have stated he has a right to reply and fair enough - i just didnt agree with it all.

I am open to all views, but dont want the WUM tag lol! Noooo way! :D

5. Beddy

Nah no worries there me young friend.......We wont let that happen.
    Not that you are, but even Wums are entitled to an opinion. It will depend on how they voice it that will count. To a man all the usual known Wums over here, have declared their interest in going legit have kept their word. That has got to be good for all and long may it continue.

6. NashySFC

NashySFC Member

Yes, this site deffo seems alot more user friendly and free of the idiots! Fingers crossed! Its sometimes hard to work out the Wums from the jokers thos, but the reputation tab should aid this!

COYRs

7. bpl234

bpl234 Member

so tonight, think you get a win?

8. Beddy

Why not look at the Walsall site at the top of the pile that may give you a hint. <whistle>

9. NashySFC

NashySFC Member

I am feeling confident of a win thats for sure. Im hoping for a good 2/3/4-0????

However....theres always a however.... On there day they are a good team and we tend to make hard work of games like this! Cant make the trip as working till 6pm but up the lads that are going!!!

Fingers crossed for news on BMouth tickets over the next few days!!!!

10. Saint-Harry

Saint-Harry Member

I agree bpl234, very bizarre. I don't like the fact Bournemouth are bove us in the league (mostly because I now live in Bournemouth and a few of my mates are bragging bout it haha) but you have to admire the effort of the management and players to be 2nd in league 1, from 2 years ago very nearly dropping into non league football. All done without any money, just hard work!

11. NashySFC

NashySFC Member

Too right! It is by no means a patronising statement or in any way micky taking when i say Bournmouth have over achieved this season.... do they care???? Not at all! Do i care???? Not at all!

Fair play to them! Ive always like bournmouth tbh as they are preetty local and never had any issues, but my perception changed a little on the recent visit to St Marys when many of the fans treated it like a full on derby and clearly just wanted to fight.

I hope all 4 clubs are in the championship next season and it is mad how fortunes have changed for both clubs in the last 3-5 years! If we win tonight it will put a bit of pressure back on you and Hudds!!

COYRs!!!

12. colin5164

colin5164 Member

Its obviously answer 4. Do I win a prize?

13. colin5164

colin5164 Member

Ducks, found your way over here then mate.

There are a couple of yours on our site telling us how they are going to stuff us next season. I thought they were being a bit premature so pointed out in the nicest possible way that you have to get promoted first. But as you have said, they are only on a forum, so prob just WUMing.
    I wait for the thread on attendances with baited breath. 9K, disgraceful :emoticon-0104-surpr. Cheers. Col

14. NashySFC

NashySFC Member

Colin welcome to the bright side.....

Answer 4.... well your the first to say so so must be correct. Your prize.... ??? Sweet FA ;)

Without bringing fury or jealousy blah blah blah .... u gotta be dissapointed with your attendances??

15. colin5164

colin5164 Member

Nashy, I pop over now and again.
    Not disappointed, could be better but there are many reasons why attendances fall. Economic reasons, piss poor running of the club, premier league JCLs, **** football (until the recent good run). I 4-1 did not renew my season ticket this season due to working away and the amount of mid-week games that I cant get to.
    I would really start to worry and be extremely disappointed if we got back to the Premier League and could only get just over 9K to a match.

16. NashySFC

NashySFC Member

That is true, but you would sell out if u got back to prem - thats natural. What bothers me is the 1000s of 'pompey' fans that brag and bang on about us and give us a hard time.... but obv dont even attend the games! Its crazy how attendances can half over night???

I for one cannot wait to play you next season.... fingers crossed! I feel we would be more capable of getting revenge the next time! :D

COYRs

17. Beddy

With their recent run Colin.........they have put a bit of breathing space between you and the relegation places. 50 target not so far away.
    As for the Saints we have got it all to do....but it is in our own hands to a degree we do not have to rely on others results. Although a few in our favour will not go amiss....... A lot of damage has been done to Pompey's reputation and some of your supporters have lost a bit of Faith as well. We all have our "fair weather supporters" do we not?

18. North Hants Saint

North Hants Saint Active Member

We're the most hated because they think we're arrogant.

Apparently predicting at the start of the season we will win the League is arrogance , despite the fact we had the best squad and that 95% of other fans also predicted the same.

Let them hate us , it makes us more determined.

19. Channonfodder

Channonfodder Rebel without a clue.....

Nashy. I hope I didn't give the impression that this was a WUM thread, because I certainly don't think it is, or as you point out, I wouldn't have posted. The only point I made about WUMs was that it's the supporters of other clubs masquerading as Saints fans who make us sound arrogant.

I am not keen on threads which invite us to say who we don't like, etc, but I would also defend your right to start one! I didn't say it was wrong, just that it is the sort of thread which might get hijacked by the less thoughtful from the original 606.

20. NashySFC

NashySFC Member

Nicely put - ok understood cheers!!!