1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Morocco to ban the Burka

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by MrRAWhite, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

Wees that bent twat in your avatar fella?

2. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Said the guy with fat ankles and high heels in his avatar lol.

3. Billy Death

Isn't it illegal to be a bent muzzo?

4. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

What I object to is the inconsistency of it.
    A biker with full face helmet has to remove it if they go into a garage to pay for petrol or a bank to withdraw money. Surely, religious or not, for security reasons the implications are the same.

5. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Watching Shooter btw Rog, episode 4.

Great series <ok>

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  6. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

You seem concerned. Are you looking into converting?

7. Tel (they/them)

I think it's called Haram.

8. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

Have just wikied the burqa and apparently there is nothing about it in the Koran, which only says women should dress modestly. For me it should not be worn in any westernised countries and the move by Morocco is not earth shattering for Muslims.

clockstander and MrRAWhite like this.
  9. Billy Death

No but have a nice evening anyway.

10. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

They want to wear it, though. What about people who go on a night out in fancy dress and we can't see their face? Do we stop that as well?

I agree with what has been said about removing it for anything to do with security, absolutely. In banks if a biker has to remove his helmet, then they should be told to remove the burka so we can see their face.

Anything else and I'm pretty much open to let them crack on.

11. Nostalgic

Possibly a case of "when in Rome" could be applied. Wife and I have shown respect to local Arabic requirements by dressing appropriately in their countries. Most non-Muslim countries possibly allow them as being a requirement rather than a choice, so Muslims could respect the requirements, regardless of what they are, without creating the fuss that is allied to need to remove their burqa.

No straightforward solution, but Morocco have been brave to possibly start the ball rolling. After all if it can be done there then there is room for manoeuvre elsewhere.

12. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

If they are born here then this is their country, as much as it is mine. So how do we get around that one?

I don't align myself to this being a christian country, we still get called a Christian country but the reality is, I don't know anybody that is practicing Christianity. There's no getting away from the fact that this is now a multi cultural society that we are living in.

Like I said, I see people going out dressed as superheroes. How can we treat people differently in this day and age, who are doing the same thing?

13. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

recreationally people should be able to wear whatever, common decency allowing.

professionally, or in schools, there should be limitations, esp dealing with public

then the obvious, security related scenarios where anyone should have to remove their burka/helmet/batman mask

nee ****ing hipster beards, or ****er goatees though. they should be banned, nay illegal. proper grizzlies and lazyday stubble are fine though

Lostinvegas, Deleted and Gil T Azell like this.
  14. Tel (they/them)

Yes fam, that hipster **** should be punishable by running bollock volleys.

15. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

If the burqa is not a religious requirement then it`s nothing more than a cultural accessory. If it has to be banned for security reasons then there`s something seriously wrong.

Seems to me to be another advert. Look at me I`m a muslim. What about that bus driver who stopped his bus full of kids a mile from their school to get out and pray. Arsehole. That`s another advert. Hey everybody look how islamic I am.

Constant advertising. Every day. Islam, islam, islam. To be perfectly frank I`m pissed off with hearing about bloody islam.

Said me piece I`m done.

16. Sidthemackem

Sidthemackem Newcastle United 0-1 Cambridge United
    Staff Member

This, like many issues, is a tiny thing that has **** all impact on the majority of people's lives.How many muslim women that wear the burkha do you know? But stick it in the news and suddenly we're all affected. You wanna wear a bin bag? Feel free.

Deleted likes this.
  17. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

some of them shave their balls and stick that on their face, by the looks of it.

bollock volleys it is...

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  18. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

I hope people do not think this was started as an anti Muslim thread as it was not..I am anti all religion, although I respect that people have the right to believe in what they want. My problem is with certain sections of our society being allowed to walk about with full face coverings in public places whilst others are not. As has been stated previously the full face covering is not in any Muslim teachings or rules and is actually a symbol of female subservience, which also goes against western equality laws..

19. Nostalgic

Until today i always saw the burqa as a religious requirement in Arabic especially, but by the look of it these women are opting into wearing it, which thy are entitled to do. Morocco have possibly pulled off a smart move by seeing it as a fashion item rather than a religious necessity.

It may do their PC brigade a bit of good to have another look it from that standpoint.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  20. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

No woman in their right mind would opt to walk about with their faces covered mate..It is a symbol of female subservience which has spread from Saudi Arabia and has no place in western society..If I liked wearing a full faced balaclava i would not get served in banks are shops and this to me is discrimination.