1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

More rumours for the rumour mill

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by johnnywarksmoustache, May 16, 2011.

1. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Well it sure helps to pass the time while waiting for the real deals to happen.

A reliable source has come up with these:

Keiron westwood isn't sure if he will join ipswich or leicester but he is closer to joining ipswich because they started talking to him late april ipswich also close to securing david nugent and billy sharp but jewell will not buy coppinger as carson is just as good and wants to keep the wage budget down jewell will try and sign sean st ledger and keiron dyer (if willing to take a wage cut ) with the jimmy bulllard deal to finish just before the deadline also goodwillie might join but jewell faces stiff competition

Ipswich to sign Billy Sharp this week from Doncaster for £2.75m rising to £3.5m if promoted.
    They want to pair him with one of the following
    Adam Le Fondre (Rotherham)
    David Nugent (free agent)
    Yakubu (Everton)

They are also set to sign Ollie Mann from local non league Brantham for £20k leaving Dagenham and Redbridge disappointed

Oh and Micheal Owen was seen arriving at Playford Road last week and Clegg was overheard by his secretary discussing Owen's weekly wages!

Discuss!:emoticon-0112-wonde

2. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

The Michael Owen one was started by the club's own social media crew as a joke.

Please not Nugent.

3. johnnywarksmoustache

Romeo Zondervan linked with Ipswich in shock return!!!!!

Huddersfield have agreed a £1.75M deal for striker Jordan Rhodes to return to Ipswich

4. johnnywarksmoustache

A friend who is also a local journalist for a Suffolk-based newspaper has told me that Ipswich Town manager Paul Jewell is waiting on the outcome of the play-off's before making further moves into the transfer market. His targets are: Sam Baldock (MK Dons), Mark Little (Peterborough), Peter Whittingham (Cardiff) and Matt Mills (Reading). Ipswich are waiting on a double swoop for James Coppinger and Billy Sharp (Doncaster) and are also expected to bid for Aaron Cresswell (Tranmere) and Jimmy Bullard (Hull).

5. Zoomba

Zoomba Member

I know it's a crock of old s@#t but most of those seem good calls. However don't know much about Mark Little and none too sure on Whittingham's end game, seems to be Martin with a bit more strength.

6. sanpedro

sanpedro Member

Mark Little? wasn't he on neighbours.............how the F*** do i know that??
    Back to the orginal post. Would be very happy with some of those signings. I don't much about Coppinger but Billy Sharp is a must in my opinion He's proven at this level.I hope he's not this season Chopra!. Johnny, why not Nugent? He always scores at PR and again proven at this level, we should forget what happened before we've all moved on. But surely first we need to shift Scotland and Tamas before bring him in. Westwood on a free would be a great signing, especially if we can get a few quid back on Fülöp. Isn't he on big wages here?
    I wonder if St Ledger has become a little stale at Preston. He seemed destined of greater thing at one time, would be a great signing. Dyer, they say you should never go back. I'd leave it.
    Bullard, i'd break the bank for. A great guy on and off the pitch. Worth the risk.
    Going back to another post elsewhere by Billyp regarding formations, I think that the 4-5-1, 4-3-3 interchangable formation can work well if you have the right players for the positions. Last season PJ inherited his squad and tried to make things work with the players available. Next season will be his squad, his players and his head on the block. But if we get some in that we've been linked with, i think we could be for a good chance of play-offs at least.
    Still what hell do i know, and after the whole neighbours thing..who cares!!!

7. johnnywarksmoustache

Madge has been signed as our goalkeeper and Mr Bishop as Centre Half! <laugh>

8. King_of_Portman_Rd

King_of_Portman_Rd Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Victor Moses and Emerson Boyce from Wigan, although I'm forgetful as to where I read that.... maybe from here?.. Probably a load of tosh but just thought if it turns out to be true I could claim some sort of early warning system

9. otterthepotter

otterthepotter New Member

Do you think if you had kept walters you would have not had such a miserable time at portman road. hiya jonnywark lol....

10. billypockets 606

nice to see otter the minge has come over here too!

I love a bit of off season speculation. It's also great the the football season as a whole hasn't finished yet. We're gonna get our money's worth it seems.

11. JimbobITFC

JimbobITFC Member

12. billypockets 606

Danny Graham is so unlikely to sign that we may as well write that off straight away!

13. billypockets 606

Picking the formation aspect back up, it was said that Jewell wants to play 4-4-2 when possible but reliant on the players available. Well it's his chance to put his stamp on the squad and bring in the right players for these formations. I think it's important to have players that can play both formations and that will mean a lot of signings. The 4-5-1 is most challenging for the forward and the wingers as they need to do more work than they would in a 4-4-2. But the 4-4-2 is more work for the central midfielders but of a similar nature. It's a balanced squad we need and after Magilton and Keane's collective over indulgence in (seemingly poor quality and overly similar) central midfielders we're a little bit unbalanced. Not to mention the amount of central defenders we've had in the last season or two!

14. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Oh noooo please not otter <doh>

15. johnnywarksmoustache

Yorkie its ok Otter is harmless and legless after the weekend! <cheers>

16. johnnywarksmoustache

Back on topic

A taxi driver who does some work for the club has just taken Clegg and a short Northerner from the station to Portman Road!

So that's it then we're just about to sign one half of the Krankies!

17. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

JWM what is your source? The Bobby Robson statue?

Judging by the comments from Donny and from Jewell we're not getting Sharp anytime this close season let alone this week!

18. Strattonblue

Strattonblue Guest

Otter, do you think that if you had kept your 3 Million you might have spent it on somebody who would have turned up at the biggest game in your history?

19. johnnywarksmoustache

I'm hearing that Doncaster have accepted an undisclosed fee for Sharp and are thrashing out a deal for Coppinger. Sharp is down here today for a medical and to agree terms.

Mind you the deal is far from finished as we all know Cleggy's track record at signing up players!

20. Strattonblue

Strattonblue Guest

How reliable is your source JWM? You're not a taxi driver by any chance!