1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

More money in the kitty!

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by DHCanary, Feb 8, 2011.

1. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/9391539.stm

I wonder whether this is why McNally was talking about going for it in January, perhaps he knew these funds would become available. Whilst its a boost, its a bit late for permanent transfers for this campaign! Thats going to be one helluva loan signing if we pay £2m for him!

Well when we spend it in the summer, I'm sure Lambert will get the most out of it, and hopefully we can have a decent season next time around, whatever league we're in!

OTBC

2. chinacanary

chinacanary Well-Known Member

Well, certainly not to be sniffed at and as other posters will no doubt say, fantastic that it's come from within the club. The remit now for PL is to surely go for it. It's as much 'advertised' money as I have seen bandied about for many a year and if it gives us the impetus to clear the final hurdle and get back where we belong (albeit for a short cash rich holiday, but hang on, who knows?) then OTBC.
    Who would be your pick for a loan signing at that price? Does Lambert go mad and bring in a star for the last hurrah, or does he stick to his pragmatism and feed it slowly to the team. I think he'll nail it to the tactics board and say to the team - yours if we get up lads. What a piss up that would be!

3. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

I must admit, I'm intrigued by this, I would never try to second-guess PL, but I'll tell you what, I trust him completely to do whatever is right for NCFC :)

4. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

i must admit i was totally suprised by this newsb but overjoyed by it as well. it begs the question of mr.foulgers wealth. to spend this sum at one go on your football club in this financial climate says volumes about the man. remember the ones (can't remember their names) who lent the club £2M then wanted it back when the recession started. supporters or attention seekers?

5. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

remembered their name- the turners