1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic More London Attacks

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Dorty Dogbreath

Dorty Dogbreath keeper of the glow

I really wouldn't be surprised.

2. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

In my book, that's just being thorough and doing your job properly

3. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Agreed.
    That's what a double tap is for. To make sure the job is finished.

4. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

While I think it is always better to take them alive when possible, just for the opportunity to interrogate and potentially learn something, I would be surprised if anyone could be prosecuted for finishing off an attacker wearing cannisters around his waist that could very well have been real bombs. Any sort of movement could surely be used as justification for thinking they were doing something.

5. Heed

Heed well known cheat

You've obviously put a lot of time and effort into your post.

I appreciate it's your point of view, but, you could quite easily have made your points without analogies on how people die.

I find it both crass and disrespectful.

There have been a few similar posts the last couple of weeks, from a few posters I thought had more sense.
    I really don't get the point you and others are trying to make.

6. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

I see they've named two of the cowards. One of them married with kids. He was also 'known' to police and the security services. I am with some of the comments above - You can be jailed for viewing paedophillic material so why shouldn't the same apply to extremist material that advocates murder?

The authorities know where these keyboard warriors congregate online. Their activity can be monitored. Get them and these hate preachers off the street. Moderate Muslims are fed up with these idiots and a lot report extremist behaviour to police. Our forces are woefully under staffed and funded. Give the police and secret services the manpower to go into communities and root these ****ers out. The muslim community of this country are by and large proud to be British and want to live in a safe and democratic country where they can enjoy freedoms and their lives in peace. These jihadist ****ers are trying to cause friction and bigotry.

Daesh and their pathetic little followers hide in the shadows because they are terrified of being found out. Allow the police to find these ****s. Arrest them under the law. Try them under the law. British citizens - Military prison. Non-UK - deportation. I am getting tired of hearing the phrase 'known to authorities.' These idiots are committing an offence by viewing this material in my eyes. Arrest them for that offence and you are potentially saving lives.

I have said it before - If you are travelling to the likes of Syria and Libya without the express authority of the government then you should not be allowed back. The presumption should be that you are going there to fight for daesh or to receive terrorist training. It should be immediate withdrawal of your British citizenship in absentia.

We also need to rethink our relationship with Saudi Arabia. That country is the mother of extremism and allowing them to send their Wahabhi preachers to pollute the minds of vulnerable Muslims is just wrong. Close the Saudi sponsored mosques down. Wahabhism is a dangerous and toxic cult that has no place in a democratic and tolerant society. Most Muslims reject its teachings.

Heed and Marra SAFC 77 like this.
  7. Dorty Dogbreath

I don't think the London mayor, Sadiq Khan, could have been more emphatic in that speech at the vigil. Sick ideology he called it.

8. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Qatar is the bigger problem.
    4 arab countries just suspended relations with them over terrorist links... Saudi was one of those countries...

9. Heed

Heed well known cheat

I was just reading about it.
    They're all as bad as each other, it's just a case of which side you support.

Sheikh_of_Araby likes this.
  10. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

11. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

Cheers for the reasoned response, how it should be. I really don't believe it is disrespectful but respect is a matter of opinion rather than fact so people find it where they want.

The main thing I'd disagree with is the line in bold - disagree with people (and myself) by all means as my opinions hold up to the same scrutiny as everyone elses (that is not at all) and we can still get on absolutely fine, no issues with you in the slightest you seem sound - but dismiss others as simply 'not having sense' because they're saying things you don't agree with and you put yourself down.

12. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

One of them appeared in a Channel 4 programme about Jihadis and unfurled an ISIS flag in the process. This just gets worse.

Marra SAFC 77 likes this.
  13. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

14. Dorty Dogbreath

Police have now named the third attacker. It appears that he tried to travel from Italy to Syria last year but was stopped by the authorities. But somehow he still got back into Britain.

Seriously, WTF?

You couldn't make this up :headbang:

15. Dorty Dogbreath

Either deport this scumbag or lock him up for twenty years. Enough is enough.

J. J. McClure likes this.
  16. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

I'd run an ad saying all jihadists had won £1000 and to contact a specific number (MI5) to claim the prize.

These thick ****ing retarded nut jobs wouldn't have the intelligence to join the dots.

Thick ****s.

17. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Is he one of the 3 responsible for the London attack or is he just someone else?

Regardless, unless he has some very, very good reason for possessing that knife, then put him before the Courts, give him a fair trial and then throw the key away.

18. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Someone else.

19. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

I'd like to see a general review happen of the whole burden of proof system for terrorist related offences. Carrying a knife is a good example of the individual having to prove innocence rather than the onus being on the CPS to prove the intent and the guilt.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  20. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

If that was sold legally (regardless of whether it was bought legally) then I assume there must be some justifiable use for it somewhere - but I'm ****ed if I can think of one. I think it's probably worth reviewing which large knives do have a justifiable purpose and which ones don't if there are reasonable alternatives that are harder to misuse.

Irrespective of that, I think you would need to be a complete idiot to buy a knife like that and walk the streets with it - even if you are genuinely on the way home. If you have a genuine reason to buy it and don't have a car then get a lift there and back from a friend or a taxi. Anyone with half a brain would know it could lead to dire consequences if you are stopped with a knife like that in the current climate, no matter why it was bought.