1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

More business?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by NickH, Jul 17, 2017.

1. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

Do people think there will be many more transfers in and what do you think ought to happen?

With Tomlin leaving, some might wonder if a replacement will be signed, though I'm not sure if there's a need for a direct replacement. Marcus Bettinelli continues to be linked, but other than that, rumours seemed to have dried up a bit.

I wouldn't mind another keeper, though don't know if Lucic maybe has what it takes to step up and offer competition to Fielding.

Defence seems okay. We're well stocked in the centre and right-back should be Pisano's to lose with Moore/Vyner as cover. Left back could arguably be seen as a weak spot, with Bryan better going forward than staying back and Golbourne only a steady option, but I don't see it as critical. If Flint moves on that would put the cat amongst the pigeons, though Wright and Magnusson would hardly be a disastrous compromise.

In midfield, I'd quite like a bit of a hard bast*rd to give us some more physical presence, though there are quite a lot of players to choose from already. Again, there are lots of solid options and I'm hoping that the likes of Brownhill, Paterson and O'Dowda can kick on and show their potential, though I'm slightly concerned we're now missing that star quality that Tomlin could produce on his day. I also want to see more of Hegeler, though I'm concerned that he might spend more of his time in the treatment room than on the pitch. If Smith could spend more than 5 minutes without being injured, he'd be a great asset too!

Up-front, I'm intrigued by Diedhiou - he seems to be a modern striker in that he's big and physical, but also has touch and pace. I think Matty Taylor could still make a contribution. Despite criticism stemming from some bad misses last season, at least he got into positions and he did chip in with some assists, so I think he deserves some more chances. Djuric could be a nice option to have, but again, I'm worried that he often seems to be out injured.

Thoughts?

2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

3. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

I don't personally think we will see much till the Prem clubs decide their squads then get players on loan.
    The goalie we are linked with is £5 million which seems a lot for him. Every other goalie we've to in the past 4 years Fielding has seen off.

4. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

The pony express hasn't arrived out here, or maybe I missed something, but who is this reported new keeper?

5. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

Marcus Bettinelli, currently at Fulham.

6. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

Tim Krul another name I have seen mentioned

7. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

I saw that mentioned in passing on the Bristol Post site - whilst I'd be delighted, I don't believe it for a second.

8. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Both are excellent keepers either would be nice :1980_boogie_down: