1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Monk's done one...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, May 25, 2017.

1. Benjo

Benjo Well-Known Member

Seller V mate... seller V

BlackAndAmberGambler likes this.
  2. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

I'm more inclined to believe he has had a better offer from somewhere else. He did have a lot of involvement in transfers and by everything that has been said our new owner Radrizzani wants the football people to do the football jobs so he ain't gonna be as hands on as Cellino was.

I think he's going to Palace or maybe even Leicester personally. Don't see why he'd go to you guys or sunderland, no offense intended here but your team is kinda awful and on the way down, would require quite a rebuild and couple that with a bad owner who ain't likely to make a whole lot of cash available. Sunderland are considerably worse off as well. Theres a fair bit of talk that he's going to Boro which makes some sense to me but at the same time, I think people are just linking him with every job out there rather than it being anything to go by.

3. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

said he'd go palace and he probably will

but coming to us WOULD be a big promotion, whether you like to admit that or not
    our team is no way in any shape or form awful.
    it COULD be depending on sales and lack of transfers incoming..

we had the worst start to a premier league season ever and only just went down.. due to llorente scoring every single time swansea played in the last 2 months.. you guys had your best season in ELEVEN years and still finished outside the play offs..

i guarantee you, we will finish higher than you next season
    don't try and belittle us

ELEVEN YEARS AND YOU STILL FINISH OUTSIDE THE PLAY OFFS <laugh>

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  4. Josh-LUFC

<laugh> calm down.. before you start I literally have no bias towards hull and don't think of you guys in either a positive or negative way. I'm looking at it in a purely objective way and just sharing an opinion on a matter involving my club.

Secondly, wasn't belittling or comparing the Hull job to the Leeds job but comparing the job at Hull to the others available. In his ideal world he'd get to pick out of those jobs and I think Hull would be second bottom on his list. Just depends on what he can get for himself.

And in fairness, your squad requires a rebuild for the championship. Its not good enough as is if you consider all your loans going back and the likely departures of Robertson, Maguire and Clucas. You guys will need to spend a fair amount, I can't see your owner being too willing to dish out a decent amount of money for the required either.

5. Josh-LUFC

And secondly, we'll see who finishes above who... <ok>

Regardless of Monk leaving we are on an upward turn now and our squad is a very good base to build on

6. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

i fully expect you to finish above us in realism
    but it hurts. because with how the prem was this season
    6 ****ing points between 17th and 8th.. compared to season before and it was 19 points between 17th and 8th

we had a big ****ing chance to establish ourselves as a premier league club, but our owners royally ****ed it up for us and that really ****ing hurts

i fully expect our reign as yorkshires best club will end and i honestly think we will be in league 1 within 2-3 years

7. Josh-LUFC

Your manager situation is a bit of concern. Assuming Silva is definitely leaving? I'd imagine you'd have a good chance of an immediate return if you could keep him but the Hull manager's job is becoming a little like the Leeds one (hopefully not now with the new owner), a poisoned chalice.

Any takeover rumours going round? that'd certainly help

8. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

he already left

if WE had good owners.. we would be looking to return immediately, we have been promoted 3 times in 9 years.. spent 5 years in the prem
    we should be massive favourites to return with a great manager and players
    but we will make £30m of sales and see maybe £5m in transfers.. and the championship gets more expensive every season

we are linked with the likes of rosler etc..perennial underachievers

we are gone
    our owners won't sell

can you imagine your owners trying to change your name? getting rid of concessions etc?

9. Mrs. BLUE_MOUNTAINS_BEAR

Mrs. BLUE_MOUNTAINS_BEAR Well-Known Member

Depends on how you define start. We won our first 2 games -never done before in the PL. After 6 games in we had more points than we had in Seasons 2009/10 and 2014/15.

If your start is from there you are correct.

10. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

im talking about the preseason
    shocking preperation

which is gutting because it's a season where 17th was 6 points from 8th

6 ****ing points between 17th and 8th.. ffs we were 12 points from finishing 8th

11. onlyme

onlyme Active Member

the return of the ehab crayon joke.......why stop there you forgot the tiny penis jokes too.......

12. onlyme

onlyme Active Member

good post josh

PLT likes this.
  13. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

your throat must be sore.. from all that cock in your mouth

GLP likes this.
  14. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

Ruddy Nora... clearly Monk has been tapped up and is going somewhere, he wouldn't have quit if he wasn't.
    Our own vice chairman has done interviews saying we haven't even started looking yet and that process will start next week.

It evidently isn't is.

15. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

IMO exactly this. Plus as a result losing a manager who had united the support and players (please don't throw the last 3 games in, the damage was done) despite all of the **** being rained down from above, who, though we would never have hung on to long term would have made us a significantly attractive proposition enough for a sale.

16. Markovitch

Markovitch Active Member

Not particularly, other than its the typical 'rinse and repeat' at Leeds once again. We played well in a handful of games all season, and got away with it in many occasions. The latter catches up with you generally at some stage, and it was easy for other teams to suss out that he didn't have a plan B. If you look at the stats you'll see that we were lucky to get a bloody shot on target in many games. He's too cautious and negative for my liking. Many Swansea fans have said a similar thing. The results in the last few games were reflective of that IMO.

17. PattyNchips2

PattyNchips2 Well-Known Member

18. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Are you having a laugh? Those games were important and Silva's team imploded. Of course you throw them in, some were winnable.

PattyNchips2 and Geo10 like this.