1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Monk - Midds & Rumors

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

does anyone else think it strange that Monk & Beattie have gone to Midds but not Clotet? They arrived together in Leeds & Clotet had worked with Monk at Swansea indeed he was at Swansea as a coach when Monk was ending his playing career as team captain. He stayed on & worked for Monk when Laudrup left and they did a good job. So why has Pep stayed at Leeds when the othwrs left for a new job. In fairness Peps contract ends at the end of the month & we dont know shyt really even though we're told that its likeley Pep stays as No2 to the new guy?

Tonight there are rumors coming out which in fairness could be utter bollox but something has changed or Monk & Clotet would be in Midds.

Clotet & Monk fell out big time & were not speaking for the lqst month.
    Monk had a fist fight with Pontus
    The players played for Pep and not Monk

I have no idea whats true but something happened at Xmas as Monks mood changed, we assumed it was because he never got the players he wanted. We know Pontus was dropped a couple of times even told he was ill once. Results went backwards which we assumed was because of inexperience & nerves. Radz offered Monk a 3yr deal as soon as he bought the club but surprising us all Monk resigned & has now taken a job with a village team.

sniffer1 and Farsleyexile like this.
  2. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

The rumours about Pep and Monk have been around since Monk resigned, apparently they had a falling out once or twice and didn't see eye to eye, this is something that must've happened after they both came to Leeds, and could've been around Xmas.

Monk to me has always seemed like the dictator type coach, and if he doesn't get his own way. or some stand up to him then he chucks a wobbly. He obviously seems to think he's better and bigger than he really is.

When we meet Middlesboro he's going to get a bad welcome, quite rightly so, and if/when we beat Middlesboro Monk will probably cop it even more, you never know, he might chuck a wobbly in retaliation.....:emoticon-0148-yes:

3. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Blimey, wonder if it's true that Monk and Jansson had a fist fight

4. ellandback

Forum Moderator

I was quite embarrassed when Monk decided to block that clown Wagner when the German thought it would be a good idea to run into the pitch when the dog bothered scored in the last minute against us. Monk deliberately collided with Wagner. It's not professional behaviour from either tbh but would have wanted Monk to have more decorum.

5. LeedsLover

Monk showed his weakness on 2 occasions I know of, once after losing to Huddersfield during a Pope interview, and during the Wagner incident, he's short tempered and can't hold his cool when being confronted, or things go against him.

What is rumoured to have happened behind the scenes is probably a case of the same, maybe on multiple occasions.

If, and I say if, as we may never know, but if the players were playing for Pep, then chances are Monk lost the dressing room and Pep had a calming word with the players, which is why they continued to play without revealing anything.......:emoticon-0148-yes:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

The fight apparently happened in the pouring rain with the lads glued to windows?

7. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

As I said in earlier posts, I thought Radz would only go for someone who had experience of working under a DoF & experience of winning promotions. Stam comes close to promotion but Pardew has done it a couple of times. Not my sort of guy but ....

8. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Chesh bottled it.
    £10 says we finish outside the top half next season.
    Rad is cellino with even less money but no skeletons.

9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

I hope this isnt true as no experience of promotion except as a player & failed at QPR

10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

We need a boss fast to stop all this crap

11. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Jimmy Floyd Piggybank a fans favourite?
    For about three weeks maybe.

Whitejock, Doc and Farsleyexile like this.
  12. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Turned you down once <yikes> needs to be told to fook off <ok>

13. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

Morning all. The hawks are circling in search of Wood. We need a Manager sharpish

Farsleyexile likes this.
  14. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Not a reliable source of information Doc Phil Hay sent a tweet out a week ago categorically saying Perdrew is not being considered

Doc likes this.
  15. LeedsLover

Wood needs to go, he'll flop next season, get the money while we can.

davy likes this.
  16. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Agreed just putting it out there mate. As we really need to get whoever on biard this coming week. I have no idea who makes up ghe stuff about shortlists if its not bookies. Pardew makes sense on paper as he ticks all the boxes except the big box that our fans think hes the right man. I guess he would struggle to win our fans over including me. But whoever its going to be needs our full support

17. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Fist fight with Pontus? And he's still alive? Haha!

Seriously, though, there is no doubt in my mind that if this happened, Monk's face would have been marked. I never noticed any evidence of this in his interviews.

I had also read some time ago (sure it was a Phil Hay article) that Pep would not be leaving with Monk as 'they'd had a bit of an up & down season', and their working relationship had significantly deteriorated. Seems to have panned out.

Leedsoflondon likes this.
  18. BoggersMOT

Just watching the video ref in the world cup. A good way to make the correct decision. Well done to our GK for the penalty save

19. BoggersMOT

Anyone else watching Cook in the WC Final & wondering what he's worth now?

20. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

No, he only made about 6 starts for Bournemouth. Think he will develop into a truly good player though.