1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Moderators for the Hull City board

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Mick, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Mick

Mick Probably won't answer PMs
    Staff Member

I'm looking for you all to decide between yourselves who should moderate this board. I'm looking for an easy going person who is not easily offended and who will leave the forum to do it's own thing 99% of the time.

In saying this I will also give you the option of leaving the board unmoderated, but then you are leaving yourself open to **** heads coming from other team boards and indeed within your own board.

There is no time limit on this, find your own way there - it's your board so you can do what you want with it. No doubt a lot of you will have differing ideas so we can run a poll at the end to see who get's what responsibility.

Don't let it get nasty and for god's sake don't squabble over the final decision that is taken by the majority of posters.

2. St-Louis Tiger

St-Louis Tiger Active Member

I think the vast majority of people would nominate originallambrettaman, he's consistently here and is quite popular with hull posters.

Though he hasn't helped his case with that WUM post about the leeds fan earlier, also he's posted on the Leeds board winding them up already <laugh>

anyway i'm sure everyone will more or less come to a consensus it should be him.

If he accepts the responsibility that is!!

3. postmantwat

postmantwat Member

gets my vote

4. From Boothferry to Wembley

5. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Of the ones that have come over so far I can't really think of anyone I'd have a problem with doing it, but then I don't remember seeing anything from our regulars on 606 that really needed modding either. We certainly had more problems with the moderators than the users, with decent ones I think we're pretty self moderating but obviously having one for when the clowns arrive is advisable.

Will our moderators have the ability to mod other boards as well? Not that they should go on and deal with everything as though it's their own board, but if it's one of ours being an arse or if there's something clearly out of order on a board they use regularly I don't see an issue with them doing it (or mods from elsewhere doing it on here if roles are reversed). If they are going to and that's how it can work we should probably have a mod that goes on other boards and tends to get on with the opposing fans. Either way I think we should have more than one, nobody can be on 24 hours a day 7 days a week and it's less likely to see the mods individually getting abuse if someone is banned if there's more than one to agree on the decision.

6. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

Lambrettaman gets my vote too!

7. tigerhull1504

tigerhull1504 Member

OLM would get my vote for one of them providing he's willing to take it up, but I agree with Ricardo that ideally we should be attempting to find 2 or 3

8. blackandamber

blackandamber Member

OLM for me if hes willing

9. BernsteinTiger

BernsteinTiger Well-Known Member

Whatever happens - I don't want to see a Hull Admin type character lurking round here like there is on Mad, or a welcome like the "Advanced warning for EVERYONE" that there is on Vital.

This seems pretty friendly so far - and I don't recall any major spats on 606 beyond twats from other boards coming on and acting like knobs. As long as modding is limited to that, this board should be pretty good.

10. N

N Active Member

I think most people who come on here are quite normal and the odd WUM wouldn't bother me too much. At the moment I don't think we need mods, but that may change in the future.

11. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

But of course this is meant to be a friendly community where everyone is welcome and to feel at home, and there's obviously going to be a few dickheads who come on spouting bullshit, and there will be people who get offended. A complaint system is definitely worth while, but I think out of our lot, once we get over the novelty of being able to say ****, and that Jimmy B looks like a crackhead on his HDM picture, there should be no trouble at all and probably only a little bad language. We've got used to 606 and their strictness, so I imagine that most posts will keep fairly sensible. The main problem will occur with banter with other teams, specially if arseholes like BanginTunes make it over here.

Maybe it could be self modded by everyone in a way, sensible people could be elected from start or high post count users could get to use some kind of strike system, where if a post or thread gets so many strikes it will be hidden and referred to a proper mod or something along the lines... And then you could get a user strike system where if people keep acting like twats they get suspended from posting for a day or 2... I don't know, someone with a bit more nouse about them with these forums and fair play could build on this idea?

12. atigerfan

atigerfan Active Member

OLM gets my vote. Or Brian.

13. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

this could be a problem too, great big **** off letters whheeeeyyyy!!!!!

14. James

James New Member

I would say OLM. I honestly wouldn't mind the forum going unmodded though but I reckon OLM would be easy going anyway.

15. Mick

Mick Probably won't answer PMs
    Staff Member

The mods will only have power over this board and I think you'll probably find that 95% of the work done will be against posters from other boards on the wind up.

16. Boothferry2Wembley

Boothferry2Wembley Well-Known Member

Most posters who came to this board came from 606. Many used 606 because they liked moderation, the sensible nature of the debate ertc. We can deal with with wum's, dingbats, numpties and assorted loony tunes of other clubs ourselves.
    I'd like to see the return of tiger terry and others lost to the 606 board. OLM,Bernstien,Ricardo,DJ, and many other regulars will no doubt strive to keep it honest and legal within the bounds of decency whilst upholding the right of free speech.
    In football debate there are lines that shouldn't be crossed. Most will not cross these lines. I've a feeling this will self regulate.

17. EdmontonTiger

EdmontonTiger Active Member

OLM would also get my Vote, thats if he is not always on holiday!

18. Spanner82

Spanner82 Well-Known Member

Didnt want to put the board on a downer but didnt Tiger Terry sadly pass away last year?

19. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

In an ideal world you wouldn't have mods. The best situation that can come up in the real world is you have moderators that never need to do anything. Not having moderators in the first place though is like leaving your front door wide open while you go to work every day. You'll get away with it for a while but it's only a matter of time before you have a problem. I've done it in the past on a Luton forum, and bar the first week (I only started because of rival fans spamming) I didn't have to remove a post or ban anyone for over 2 years before I stopped using it when they changed the format of the board, and that was applying the rules you have to on an official club site rather than an independent site.

It's really just a safeguard rather than waiting until there is a problem. I've used other forums where users everytime they made a post were being accused of all sorts, right up to kiddy fiddling, and it took the threat of legal action by the indiividual against the site owners to get anything done about it. However much we can deal with the numpties ourselves and know we're all fairly self moderated I'd rather we had someone with the ability to shift posts/users doing that kind of thing immediately.

20. mark2112

mark2112 Member

Each club has its own board. So you can only post on your board and no ones elses .Theres self moderating from ourselfs.

If you would like to post on other boards you do it through the 'general' board this board can easily be moderated by the 'bigger boys' .You can read other clubs posts but you cant directly reply.

Its a suggestion,thoughts.

If we need to moderate have a select number overseeing us but have a time span for each group to be moderaters as not all can be on 24/7 we do have games to go to.