1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mitro

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by ilovetheno45, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

Come on mate he's a sound enough lad he's entitled to his opinion

2. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

The big difference is Shearer did it with a brain. Mitro has to learn what is going on with the oppo and refs. There is a time to get your digs in. There is a time to make challenges. You have to spot what is going to end up being clumsy. You have to realise when you are walking the tightrope and defuse the bomb. He is just young but he does need to learn these things because of his style of play. I think people just seem to forget how young he is. He will get better and with the right guidance he will learn how to deal with match situations. Shearer was always calculated of course even as a young man. There have been others though who had to learn. Diego Costa was beset with discipline problems when young. He has curbed it as best he can. Got cuter.

JakartaToon likes this.
  3. jimileysbaldhead

jimileysbaldhead Well-Known Member

You can't fool me Captainfredor.

4. Captainchaos.

I bet you can

5. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Mitro still has a lot to learn when it comes to playing as a centre forward. With your back to defenders you are always going to get knocked about. As Hank says he just has to be a bit smarter about it and learn when how to retaliate and when it's best just to let it go. Once players see him wising up they will leave him alone. Rafa was right to take him off - we can't afford to be down to 10 men in close games like that

Marra SAFC 77 likes this.
  6. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Cant agree with this.

There was no "elbow" in the face. It was an arm, not maliciously swung, but raised to fend off the defender. He was being physical but not malicious.

It wasn't a "stamp" on the keeper. He had to bring his foot down at some stage as he couldn't play the rest of the game with one foot in the air. He caught the keeper and yes it was a yellow but not a deliberate act as the prat commentators kept trying to make out. Although as an aside they didn't seem to make such an issue when mitro was bodychecked early on which should have been a yellow for the wolves defender.

Also, for me, his yellow shouldn't have been a yellow either. He positioned himself first before the defender effectively jumped forward and into Mitro. Good old fashioned centre forward play.

Yes he misses but yes he also scores. Irony in your saying he misses tap ins in a game where he scored a good tap in.

7. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say Fredor is sound, he is however worth having around however cos he thinks he's tormenting everyone like some evil genius when in reality it's just a laff to rip apart his idiotic posts. He's like a village idiot who thinks he's a criminal mastermind.

Off Fredor and on to topic...

Mitro was pretty immense today, and he was clearly intimidating them and making things happen, unfortunately teams know he's got a reputation, and try to pull the wool over the refs eyes, and try to make out every challenge he goes in for is GBH.

Colback average today, which is a massively improvement from his usual dogshit, Diame had a bit of an offday, Gouff improving slightly buy still struggling to find his awesome form of earlier in the season. Defensively though we nailed it, and they were totally stifled, Ritchie was decent, and Atsu looked very good as soon as he came on, he immediately gives us more options.

GeordieHalfbreed likes this.
  8. Geordie lass in the Fen

Geordie lass in the Fen Well-Known Member

Trying too hard to be the hero. He turned into a liability again yesterday. Rafa had no choice but to hook him before he got red carded.
    He needs game time for sure, but how can you give him a starting place when the kids an accident waiting to happen.
    What he brings to the team is not worth the risk of playing him.

Warmir Pouchov likes this.
  9. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

Scored the winning goal first however - job done.

How was it for the mackems yesterday Frebore?

10. Captainchaos.

He was the hero mate we won

Warmir Pouchov likes this.

11. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Mitrovic is **** - 6 goals in 10 starts this season suggests otherwise.

12. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

I always think he would compliment Gayle well - like the final goal against Norwich earlier in the season, when Mitro took out the defenders and headed down to Gayle who took it and won the match.

Rafa seems to love Gayle as a solo striker, but Mitro would create loads of space and chances for him.

13. Judge Death

I'd seriously think about him in the No 10 role - especially if Diame continues to be as bad as he was yesterday.
    Think he could create a lot and bring the midfielders into the game

Sheikh_of_Araby likes this.
  14. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Diame is ****ing ****. Labours and gives the ball away

Flash likes this.
  15. Heed

Heed well known cheat

Normally think he's a complete waste of space, but, I think he was unfortunate yesterday and probably the best I've seen from him for a good while.

If Gayle isnt fit for Norwich, Rafa needs to make a point and start with Mitrovic.

16. Judge Death

His ball control yesterday was shocking - couldn't trap a bag of cement.

I could be that poor for half the wage he's on!

17. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

The point that we only have 1 decent striker?

18. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

If he played in this role he would be in the pocket of space and would drag the defenders out of their comfort zone. It would also mean he wouldn't get clattered as much.

19. Darth Tash

Darth Tash Well-Known Member

It's not irony. He scored a tap in but it doesn't mean we should forget the many sitters he's missed over the last two years. He also brings very little to the game in general. He isn't a good target man. He doesn't bring others into play often enough and can't read the game which is why he's ****e at running infront of defenders, backing in and then passing it about.

You're making excuses for him. The challenge that got him the yellow was harsh but he was lucky not to already be on a yellow before. The reason he got the yellow was because the ref knew he should have booked him for the one before that.

He looked around and saw where the player was and left an arm up. It was a ****ing stupid challenge mate.

His one of the goal keeper - He may not have fully meant to stamp on the keepers leg but he still shouldn't have made the challenge to go for that ball.

He's a head case and is lucky to have only been sent off twice since being here. His challenges aren't always malicious but they're just brainless.

If you're going to fly in on challenges like that you shouldn't leave arms and legs flailing in the air.

20. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Can't agree with much of this to be honest. I agree about the challenge on the keeper.

Aside from that I actually think for a lad who is still only 22, he is showing very very promising signs for a target man. I still maintain we need to find a way to get people closer to him. In Rafa's style he is very isolated. He needs pace around him as he isn't the quickest.

In terms of chances missed, he has missed a few. Most strikers do and the old adage is very true, its the ones who don't get any chances or look like scoring you worry about. He clearly has the instinct to get in the right areas.

He still has loads to learn about being a target man and has loads of time to learn it. Look at Niall Quinn, Crouch. Countless others, target men generally get better with age as they learn how to use their physical advantage. I know the modern fan likes to want everything yesterday, but sometimes you have to be a bit more patient with young players and guide them both tactically and mentally. I think its called coaching or something...

He is a bit loose on the aggression front, like Costa did, he needs to learn to channel it into more positive areas and keep away from constant run ins with oppo and ref. I'm sure a man of Rafa's experience can help him understand this. We would have to disagree on the first challenges, it was nothing incidents for me. As I say game awareness should have told him just to back out of the 2nd one on the keeper. He could have been booked for that. He needs to rein it in a bit and I'm sure guidance and maturity will help him to that.

I just don't understand this rush to write off young lads. They just need a bit of time. Him, Shelvey, Lascelles, Mbemba, Perez, Darlow, Aarons, Yedlin, Hayden, Armstrong, Woodman are all 24 and under. A good few of them if we keep them together can form a nucleus of a squad for years to come. They won't all make it and some like Haidara probably won't, just don't make the grade. I have concerns about Hayden and Perez in particular and Aarons injury problems are an obvious concern. I wouldn't go writing any of them off completely.