1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mitro v Murphy v Perez

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Apr 12, 2017.

?

Who will rafa pick as his first choice sole striker up front?

1. Mitro

52.0%
  2. Murphy

40.0%
  3. Perez

8.0%
  1. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

Albert also has questionable fashion sense.

J. J. McClure and Obi Wan like this.
  2. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

Questionable? That's a very polite way of saying embarrassingly ****e.

3. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

4. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Hmmm, castling on the Queen side. Interesting move.

Obi Wan likes this.
  5. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Obi goes off with my wife... and he's the size of 3 people so this resonates with me :)

Obi Wan likes this.
  6. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Yeah but he can't find his cock anymore so there is little chance of him scoring.

Obi Wan likes this.
  7. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

Perez is useless. Murphy is clearly the best option

8. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

People forget that we have a game today and Monday. Murphy will not last a full game fitness wise let alone 2.
    Mitro should and will start.

9. Rafa's Championship Party

Rafa's Championship Party Well-Known Member

Mitro shouldn't be a professional footballer, guy has no positioning sense what so ever, there was incidents tonight where Ritchie was finding perfectly but wasn't hleped by the fact that Mitro was too deep.

10. Sammy's Silky Skills

Sammy's Silky Skills Well-Known Member

Utter bollox

Captainchaos. and Flash like this.

11. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

Certainly needs improving - there were definitely some opportunities went begging tonight because he didnt spot them - but - he did put a decent shift in for once and caused their defence a lot of problems

Still think his best role would be at 10 and getting knock downs, linking play etc

12. Warmir Pouchov

Mitro has plenty to learn. However he was excellent last night.

13. Geordieginola

Geordieginola Well-Known Member

I'm getting a bit tired of the whole mitro love thing. He's a professional footballer who shouldn't need time to learn at a cost of 13 million and 60k plus a week salary. He will have been playing since he was 10 and should know when and when not to commit.

I don't buy any of the he's young and needs games bollocks. At the top level it should more or less come naturally. Or he shouldn't be there.

The commentators stated after about 80 minutes "that's his first chance of the game" after he blazed a header so far over the bar from 12 yards out.

14. Heed

Heed well known cheat

I can't believe anyone is having a dig at Mitro for his performance.

He led the line well last night.

15. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

The problem is everyone seem to think that he should be Alan Shearer in his prime - leading the line, running the channels and scoring all the time. It was seen with Mbemba that he hadn't played in our team for a while and looked ****e, Rafa kept playing him and he looked great yesterday. Mitro needs a run of games. Remember when Bergkamp first signed for Arsenal or Henry? No goals. Or Shearer for England before Euro 96? No goals.

Mitro and Gayle would be an excellent partnership in my opinion.

Oh and get Gouffran away from the team - he played 90 minutes yesterday apparently yet he didn't touch the ball. Odd!

Ellis Short Is likes this.
  16. Geordieginola

I'm not having a dig at his performance last night. I'm merely stating that since he has arrived he has not lived up to his potential/hype.

He did ok last night.

17. Blacker-than-Knight

Nobody expects him to be like Shearer in his prime, it would be nice though if he could actually try to be a striker considering that was what we brought him in for, he is leaden and off the play far too often, there were opportunities last night but he doesn't make the runs that a striker should anticipating the play in the box, as for running the channels he has no pace so that's not gonna happen anyway, Rafa ****ed up last night he should have swapped him for Murphy for the last 15 minutes or so. If he was part of the midfield then yes he had a very good match last night, but he isn't part of the midfield he is supposed to score goals, something he finds rather difficult.

18. Warmir Pouchov

Very well said. Even when he has a good game, his detractors refuse to acknowledge it. I thought he was better than good last night, he ran his socks off for the team and gave a proper centre forward display. The issues lay elsewhere.

Geordieginola - did you really just say he shouldn't have to learn? 13m is not a great deal nowadays. He is 22. You never stop learning and certainly at 22, being the type of striker he is, you are very much a work in progress. He is still raw and it's probably why Rafa is bringing him along very slowly. I couldn't really knock him this season he has had very little consistency in selection, and has generally been a bit part player. He has done ok. He could have done better no doubt. Howay man - of course he needs time regardless of fee or wages.

This widespread willingness to write off Mitro at 22 is a bit daft for me.

magpie290761 likes this.
  19. Geordieginola

That's the thing. He does not learn. I don't think he's improved one bit since he came. He has average games every now and then which shows some potential but at what point does potential come good.

For the record I thought he played quite well last night. But the reality is that if we get promoted (and yes I'm saying if because atm I am a bit concerned) I don't think we have the luxury of giving him time to learn.

20. Warmir Pouchov

We can't ever have the attitude of not giving people time to learn. Otherwise why would you want to come here? Where would have been in the past? Speed was awful when he arrived. Solano was dreadful for 18 months. Sometimes you have to be patient. More so with young players. We can't of course play him at the expense of our survival next year if we get promoted.

I think the big problem is the fees in terms of what we paid and wages. Honestly though teams are paying 13m and 60k in wages to average players now. He will get better and you have to assume someone of Rafas experience and repute is going to be able to do quite a bit with him - if he fits into his plans.

magpie290761 likes this.