1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Missing

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by RedorDead, Apr 17, 2017.

1. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Police have issued a appeal for fans to keep an eye out for Red Robin. Last seen when Bristol City lose games with regurlar post saying Johnson out, or we won't stay up. (Normally before the final whistle have gone) He's not been seen now for the past week which coincidentally Bristol City have not lost a game, in the three played.
    Police are saying if spotted or you have any information please don't ring 101 or 999 as they don't really give a **** as forums are seemly a happier place again.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  2. Alandicksthegreat

Alandicksthegreat Well-Known Member

Red he was last seen at the Memorial Stadium, thinking they are going up, and we are going down. :)

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  3. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

Last seen taking his Johnson out midget banner down from the bridge.

4. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

I'm sure he has found load of things to do now he isn't going down the Gate anymore

5. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I expect Redprintt knows where he is!

BCFCRob and oneforthebristolcity like this.
  6. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Probably around LJ's house, telling him what a great manger he is and how he said all along he had to stay!!

bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  7. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Lets not kid ourselves - even if we survive (looking likely now) it's not been a good season. It's been a huge underachievement and I have massive empathy with the 'LJ out' brigade.
    Since we have started picking up points now with 3 games left I don't think a change of manager would help.
    We need stability now and LJ will stay.
    God help us next season when Tammy has gone though.........

8. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

9. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

went to the last game!

THEY WILL HAVE TO PLAY OFF FOR SURVIVAL, I think, if they stay there! just 5 games to play against the other 5 teams in the bottom 6

10. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

#johnsonout disaster of a season.
    Should be fighting for a play off spot.

11. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

Zola gone too- Lets hope that doesn't perk Birmingham up. I would hate the last game of the season to become a relegation decider!

12. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Zola may not have succeeded at Birmingham but he has left an honourable man, much better than the shady little character our team continues to employ, stabbing his staff in the back, constantly blaming his own players, criticising our own fans, absolute crap as a manager, I really don't get it.

I have not renewed and have no intention of doing so, regardless of our finish, I have had enough and I will be done at the seasons end..

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  13. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

My faith is coming back in the team and Johnson. Yes we had that terrible run but it's behind us now. We've performed well over the last 10 games or so. Don't get me wrong I think Johnson should have been sacked but it's looking likely he'll be here for the long haul. So once the season is over, if we're still a championship team, I'll give him another chance. This will be his 3rd window. The one he banged on about needing, well he's getting it! So next year better be a damn sight better and not one sniff of relegation worries. Get us competing for top 6 Lee, you'll win everybody back then.

14. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

Yes, he did. Said that he sacked himself. Fair play to him

15. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

Birmingham picked up 16 points out of a possible 66, that sounds almost familiar, I had them getting relegated in 22nd but I don't think that will happen now that he's gone

16. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

very clever move... 2 away games and just a home tie v Huddersfield Away against Villa and us, now he wont have relegated on his CV

17. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Well I know I'm one of the minority that's never called for LJ's head, Think SL was right to continue to back him. I also don't believe he's stabbed anyone in the back.
    JP was already here when appointed, wasn't LJ's choice..
    In my view, if we were to have changed manager, sensibly it should have been done 3 weeks before the January deadline, end of..
    I agree with everyone, it has been a very disappointing season and in my opinion we should be finishing just outside the playoffs at the very least, but the championship is one of the hardest leagues in the world..
    Many on here wanted Mark Warburton, not exactly setting the championship alight is he?
    I believe LJ will hopefully learn from his mistakes and still be here for at least the first 12 games of next season, presuming we stay up.
    Although through work commitments I won't get to every game next season, my season ticket is on order!!

18. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

We've returned to winning ways, but like Wiz and a lot of other people many of us have had a gut full of the way the club has been run this season.
    Lansdown was going to keep Johnson in the job regardless of what division we will play in next year and despite the appalling run we had, where any other manager, at any other club would have been sacked, end of story.
    I still have zero faith in owner or Manager.

19. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

Every team below us with the exception of punching above their weight Burton have replaced their manager this season and it doesn't seem to have done them much good. I'm glad we haven't gone down the knee jerk sacking route and now we can continue to grow and build something and not start again from scratch. We were never a play off contender. We are an average mid table side and that is where we are going to finish and improve on last years finish. So progress

20. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

To an extent I agree, but losing a club record number of games and earning only a handful of points over around a third of a season wouldn't necessarily have been a 'knee jerk'. It would be almost fascinating if LJ does succeed from here on out, but he should (if he doesn't already) be very aware that any other manager at any other club would likely have been sacked for such a dreadful run. If we endure something similar next season than he categorically needs to go, otherwise there will be protests. I continue to hope that he'll prove me wrong however.