1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Minding out till the autumn

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by PNkt, May 26, 2017.

1. PNkt

PNkt Well-Known Member

from Racing Post:

Minding out until autumn after Aidan O'Brien reveals setback

please log in to view this image

By Tony O'Hehir 8:46AM, MAY 26 2017

Minding, long odds-on favourite for the Group 1 Tattersalls Gold Cup at the Curragh on Sunday, has met with a setback and will be out of action until the autumn.

Speaking on Friday morning, her trainer Aidan O'Brien said: "Unfortunately, Minding has had a setback and won't be running in the Tattersalls Gold Cup. She will also miss Royal Ascot and won't be running again for a few months. We're now looking at an autumn campaign for her."

A seven-time Group 1 winner, Minding enjoyed a hugely successful 2016 campaign, winning the Qipco 1,000 Guineas, the Investec Oaks, the Pretty Polly Stakes, the Nassau Stakes and the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes. She made a winning reappearance at Naas earlier this month when landing the Group 2 Mooresbridge Stakes.

She is the second high profile Ballydoyle filly to miss out on the summer action following the news early this week that Seventh Heaven, winner of the Irish Oaks and the Yorkshire Oaks last season and the Jockey Club Stakes at Newmarket this month, had met with a setback and would not run again until the autumn.

beeforsalmon likes this.
  2. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Has he been running her on Willie Mullins' gallops? <whistle>

3. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

She was actually over there for a slumber party only two weekends back Oddy. I believe Douvan was having a little shindig after work one evening.

beeforsalmon likes this.
  4. beeforsalmon

beeforsalmon Well-Known Member

About the only flat horse I'd have been really interested in seeing this season tbh. Hope she makes it back on track for a crack at the best of the boys in autumn.

5. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

Talking of Bill Mullins I see he had Riven Light entered on the Flat at Goodwood tomorrow but he doesn’t now go (I’m sure the entry was more a ‘sighter’, to see what his Flat mark would be in the UK, rather than any great desire to run him this weekend). I would be fascinated to see if he brings this one over the water for the ‘Ascot Stakes’ a race the barn have won twice in the past 5 terms – with Ryan up on both occasions.

Riven Light’s Flat perch is currently just 90 but, earlier in his career, on the level he was only beaten 4 lengths by subsequent Group 1 winner Dariyan.

6. DAYO10

DAYO10 Active Member

Too much snake venom from Nicky the Needle <laugh><laugh>