1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Millwall - Ground Latest

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by The Kish, Jan 6, 2017.

1. The Kish

The Kish Well-Known Member

It looks likely that a decision will be made on Wednseday at a Lewisham Council meeting.

Whilst I would like to say 'a decision either way' - but it's sadly looking like the CPO will be approved, regardless of the fact that this shouldn't really be something that ever materialised as a concept

I'm sure we're all sympathetic of this regardless of the fact it's Millwall; if I were CARD then I'd be looking at a joint day of fan action next week

Full Guardian article here, including further revelations on the stink Lewisham Council are creating:

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/05/millwall-admit-council-scheme-leave-lewisham

2. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

The last Guardian article on it was nicked from Private Eye, who traced the companies to The Isle of Man and the Virgin Islands. For a Labour council to sanction the destruction of a historic football club for the benefit of these tax dodgers makes me ashamed.

Ken Shabby and The Kish like this.
  3. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Read the latest on this earlier, and was frankly appalled. The Mayor of Lewisham Steve Bollox...sorry Bullock...is in an untenable position. He has had to opt out of the planning decision because he has a conflict of interest with the property developers. Another very senior ex member of the council now works for the shady off shore property company. The CEO of the Council appears to have the final say on the CPO- but is electorally accountable to nobody.
    In short, an outrage.

Millwall fans should form their own political party to put Mayor Bollox and this rotten council out.

Solidarity with @Millwallsteve and Co

4. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member

The whole thing stinks.

Hate them, but wouldn't wish them losing their ground.

Palace on the other hand, would love to see that club liquidated.

ForestHillBilly likes this.
  5. Sat In Greenwich

Sat In Greenwich Well-Known Member

this will happen to us in two years time; if roland the old fogey is still alive.

can remember reading our ground is protected for a further 2 years, but after that, it's up to the owner what happens to the land. Roland's a property developer, doesnt take a genius to work out some of his master plan.

6. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

The ground isn't protected now - just the trust are afforded time to put a bid together to buy the land, should RD decide to sell it.

7. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

AMS statement 24.01.17

Today’s news has moved very fast. Firstly we hear that a group of 45 Lewisham Councillors have called for an independent inquiry into the New Bermondsey affair. Secondly a major sponsor of the Renewal scheme in Cabinet member Damien Egan has withdrawn his backing for the plans in their current form.

Millwall fans can regard this news as two major battles won, but not yet the war itself.

The AMS protest campaign will not end until the CPO process has been definitively terminated by Lewisham Council and Mayor Steve Bullock has proffered his resignation. He is intimately linked with the current scandal and his position is no longer tenable. He must go.

Until new leadership from within Lewisham Council emerges our campaign and our evidence gathering will continue.

We wish to place on record our thanks to the brave stance of Councillors Alan Hall and Liam Curran. Once again we wish to express our debt to Guardian journalist Barney Ronay, our the secret source ‘Swiss Tony’ and the total support that we have received from the Millwall family and the world beyond. We are humbled.

Our battle continues. Up the Lions.

AMS Group

The Kish and ForestHillBilly like this.
  8. ForestHillBilly

I read in the new Private Eye that Millwall's hunt for a new ground in North Kent is back on. The Council bigwigs are taking expensive legal advice on alternative ways of achieving the Compulsory Purchase orders, which have not been stopped. The majority of councillors want an independent enquiry, but Sir Steve Bullock is determined that he and his cabinet placemen, advised by James Goudie QC, set the terms. I expect the Guardian online will copy and paste the article within a couple of days for anyone interested.

9. Ringo Lion

Ringo Lion Pumpkin

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...scheme-told-to-stop-false-funding-claims-2014
    Sir Steve is up to his neck in dodgy dealings and should be stripped as Mayor of Lewisham as well as his title of 'Sir'

10. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Independent inquiry is about to take place in regards to that which should bring more clarity.

11. ForestHillBilly

Apologies to The Guardian who are now doing their own investigation. I was told last night by a friend of a councillor that there is a power struggle going on between the councillors and Sir Steve. They are up in arms about the way he is trying to control everything from his inner cabinet. Most councillors back the club, and there is everything to gain by the fans getting organised to put pressure on Sir Steve. They will have the backing of the councillors.

Ringo Lion and The Kish like this.
  12. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

I have no idea when Mayor Bullock is next due to stand for re- election, but when the time comes surely Millwall fans will put up a candidate against him?

@Ringo Lion ?

ForestHillBilly likes this.
  13. Ringo Lion

Ringo Lion Pumpkin

If i still lived in Lewisham i wouldn't mind having a go at wearing the big chain around my neck, although there are plenty of worthy candidates who have been instrumental in this campaign.

14. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

15. ForestHillBilly

Private Eye wrote about these false claims recently, but didn't get any publicity.
    Now it's public it should be the end of the scheme, and should be the end of "sir" as Mayor.

16. Ringo Lion

Ringo Lion Pumpkin

It is fraud pure and simple and it happened on his watch, so even if he was 'misled' with information given to him, he is to blame as he never checked it thoroughly, besides he would had took the credit if it all went through and was a great success for Lewisham Council, probably how he got the title 'Sir' off the back of other peoples hard work.
    SACK HIM!!, STRIP HIM OFF HIS TITLE and PROSECUTE HIM!! He can be the Mayor of Belmarsh.

17. Ringo Lion

Ringo Lion Pumpkin

18. ForestHillBilly

Another article in Private Eye about the situation. It's in the Rotten Boroughs section. I don't know cllr.Alan Hall, but he seems to be standing up to "Sir" Steve.

Ringo Lion likes this.