1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mike's done one.

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Carmine Galante., Jan 3, 2017.

1. Mrs. BLUE_MOUNTAINS_BEAR

Mrs. BLUE_MOUNTAINS_BEAR Well-Known Member

Or as one headline put it " Wed fold to a Trebilcock double".

2. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

It is still one of my favourite finals.

3. Mrs. BLUE_MOUNTAINS_BEAR

Mrs. BLUE_MOUNTAINS_BEAR Well-Known Member

It is my absolute favourite although having being there could certainly influence my view. It is generally ranked as one of the best ever.

4. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

I only watched it on TV, went to the 1968 final Everton v West Brom was as bad a final as the Everton V Wednesday final was good, 0-0 at full time and Jeff Astle scored in extra time to win it for West Brom.

The only plus was I was taken by a work colleague who wanted me to court his daughter, but she took a friend who was a lot better looking and I ended taking her out for a while.:emoticon-0148-yes:

5. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

I liked the FA Cup Final in 2015 or was it 14 ? it's that long ago you tend to forget......... who was it again.......................? Hull somebody v Arsenal, five goal thriller, classic unfancied underdog v One of football's giants who 99.9% of the media were willing to win because they hadn't won the FA Cup for months, extra time, controversial winning goal when a corner was wrongly awarded when the video replay clearly shows it should have been a dead ball kick. Wonder if we will still be talking about it in 50 odd years time ?

6. spesupersydera

spesupersydera Well-Known Member

It was 2014 tubby, it was the equalising goal that was dodgy though, not the winner - had that grinning prick Probert given the correct decision it could have been 2-1 @ FT and our name would have been on the cup. Most memorable moment for me was Arsenal scoring their winner and their fans being totally drowned out by ours .... a great day to be a City fan.

Tickton Tiger. likes this.