1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Midfield - Who stays who goes?

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by poolie_mackem, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Dyno

Dyno Member

2. Dyno

Dyno Member

3. Durham_SAFC

Durham_SAFC New Member

Riveros could be another in a line of South American imports who don't suit the style of the EPL...can't see him getting a chance to prove himself any time soon, particularly if the two new boys come in.

Steed is a cracking back-up player and Meyler could be a real player in the future. Agree that maybe it's time to move on Reid and Colback but not before we have plenty of strength in depth.

4. Aycliffemackem

Aycliffemackem New Member

This, and possibly Riveros. Hasn't really been given a chance yet though, I'd give him anybody season or so..

5. Keane prods the giant

Love to see N'Zogbia come in. Seems likely he will join, too, either now or in the summer.

If we presume we'll bring in Sessegnon, Muntari and N'Zogbia...there'll have to be a rather large cull.

Reid, Riveros and, unfortunately, Steed, will all have to be moved on.

Personally, i wouldn't look to make Elmo a permanent signing. We'll have Henderson, Sessegnon and Campbell competing for the RW and Elmo would be behind all those, IMO. Plus, Elmo's final ball is very poor. He had the easiest chance to slip Richardson through agains Blackpool and simply couldn't see the pass.

6. Visca Sunderland

Visca Sunderland New Member

Elmo's been very good so far, although raw, I think he can improve alot. It was a big step up from the Egyptian and he's chipped in with a few assists and can cover a few positions. He's was class against Blackburn.

He'd only cost 1.5m too, no? Bargain

7. fulwell end bogs

Just don't see this happening, he looks like a rabbit lost in the headlights and my thoughts are that the Premier League is too quick for him.

8. Keane prods the giant

I'll hold my hands up if Riveros does make the grade, but i'm with fulwell end bogs on this one. I don't see anything in the lad at all. He must be one of the slowest players in the PL.

9. WestySAFC

WestySAFC Member

We can always hope.