1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Middlesbrough v. Swansea City

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Dec 12, 2016.

1. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

<laugh>

2. PGFWhite

Makes you wonder what Paul Williams does in training <whistle>

3. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

He collects the bibs and the water bottles.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  4. It'sChicoTime

It'sChicoTime Well-Known Member

You reckon he does that much?

5. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Bob had a 3-0 win and a clean sheet and then picked the same team and lost with a poor performance.....It is like a Div 2 side out playing a premier league side in a one off game in a cup match but cant repeat it....

Turkish likes this.
  6. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

The Manager can't motivate the players consistently so he has to go. Saying it won't make a difference is facile, otherwise why ever change a manager? Sunderland do it season after season and it always works. Of course we need new players but I take the reverse view - you could give Lionel Messi to Bradley and he'd suck the motivation right out of him. Our squad isn't the best but there is no way we should be bottom three.

That's my take.

7. swanseaandproud

If you listen to the players from Leon down to the youngest player they have nothing but praise for Bob and the way he runs training and running the club....He motivates the players well but if you are not of the standard required then it wont matter how much you try the skill level of most of the players is not there. You cant blame Bob for that.....He is doing all the right things with plenty of motivation but if the players are of no quality and should never be playing this standard if it was not for the players we have sold then how can we blame him....To have one good game wont keep you in the premiership.....We need some serious money spent on quality players, That is what's needed and not sack the manager doing his best to put a square peg in a round hole...

8. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Yet many of the players we have now are the players who have been with us for some time. Players who have delivered decent results against the odds. How come all of a sudden they have 'no quality'? I don't buy that.

I can agree that when you sell the spine of a team (I'm thinking in particular Williams & Ayew here) and don't replace them with people who are as effective you're asking for trouble because you're losing a defensive stalwart and a guy who used to score out of the blue, making goals for himself out of nothing. We've missed both and it shows.

But I still maintain we shouldn't be where we are with the players we have and as always, the buck stops with the manager.

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  9. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

10. swanseaandproud

[QUOTE="Kifflom!, post: 10022345, member: 1015999"]Yet many of the players we have now are the players who have been with us for some time. Players who have delivered decent results against the odds. How come all of a sudden they have 'no quality'? I don't buy that.

I can agree that when you sell the spine of a team (I'm thinking in particular Williams & Ayew here) and don't replace them with people who are as effective you're asking for trouble because you're losing a defensive stalwart and a guy who used to score out of the blue, making goals for himself out of nothing. We've missed both and it shows.

But I still maintain we shouldn't be where we are with the players we have and as always, the buck stops with the manager.[/QUOTE]

What decent results have we had over the last 3 seasons ? not many and players like Monty,Barrow.Amat and many others are nothing more than one game wonders who would not be regular first team players if it was not for the players who have been sold for the benefit of the previous board,

11. PGFWhite

Try looking at past results or have you really forgotten doubles over Man U and Arsenal, victories over Liverpool, Chelsea, Everton (at Goodison Park), West Ham (4-1 demolition at Upton Park) and top performances against most clubs.

12. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

pie eating competitions ?

13. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

I can't remember feeling as "down" about the Managerial/Coaching set up since the days of Nick Cusack, and before that Kevin Cullis .......

55282 likes this.
  14. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Morn Taff,ill lift the gloom with two questions.....
    Hows the season ticket sales going and When does the stadium expansion start?

Sorry,couldnt resist it.

I feel exactly as you do.The club is in freefall.

15. PGFWhite

He wins every time!

16. Taffvalerowdy

Hi 55

Not sure about season ticket sales, but I understand (from very good sources within the Liberty) that the Yanks are still considering whether or not to buy the Stadium......

17. Taffvalerowdy

Last season when we were struggling I always felt deep down that we would pull through.... Don't feel that way this season...

Turkish and neveroffsidereff like this.
  18. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

We have 12 points,another 28 are needed to hit the so called "safety" 40.Where we get those 28 points from I dont know.

19. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

I just hope we can manage to crawl away from the drop zone in time, or the other **** teams around us are Still around us when it comes to the last few games to fight it out !

20. Taffvalerowdy

We really need to win both home games against West Ham & Bournemouth.......

18pts would give us a fighting chance in the second half of the season, but I can't see us winning either match......

neveroffsidereff likes this.