1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Michael Johnson Interview

Discussion in 'Birmingham City' started by passit69, Apr 3, 2013.

1. passit69

passit69 Member

1. As a youngster who was the player you most admired?

- Kenny Dalglish and John Barnes

2. Who is the best manager you have played under?

- Billy Davies was great at Derby.

3. Who was your room mate while at BCFC?

- My room mate and one of my best friends was Paul Devlin.

4. Which player did you most admire at BCFC?

- Christophe Dugarry an absolute dream to play alongside.

5. Which player did you most admire out of BCFC during your playing days?

- God bless his soul, Gary Ablett.

6. What were your highs and lows in your playing career?

- My biggest highs were my two promotions with BCFC in 2001 and Derby County in 2007.

- My biggest disappointment was losing to Liverpool in the Carling Cup 2001.

7. What have you done since retiring from the game?

- I run a commercial company called Stadia Sports and Lifestyle. ]

We join the dots between sports and business, I also still work on the media, corporate side and academy for BCFC.

8. How do you see BCFC doing this season?

- Lee Clarke has done as well as he can with limited budget and all that is going off upstairs!

9. Do you see BCFC have it right with their plans for moving the team forward?

- The club needs to get the upstairs issues resolved before it can move forward.

10. Keeping with the BCFC manager’s transfer policy, is there a player you would bring in to improve the squad?

- Unfortunately finances dictate who we can bring in, but I’d look for a Centre Forward if we could afford it.

11. What advice would you give to youngsters who are just starting out in football?

- Give your all at all times, be respectful, be humble and enjoy this beautiful game.

12. If you had your playing time over again ,is there anything you would of done differently?

- No, I gave my all at every club I played for.

13. Did you have any big clubs come after you, that gave you a difficult decision to make?

- I had a chance to move to West Ham aged 21, but was scared of the London scene.

14. If you were still playing today, would a club abroad interest you?

- Yes I’d have loved to play abroad in the sun, maybe Spain.

15. What was the favourite goal you have scored, or played a part in scoring or saving?

- My personal favourite was my goal against Newcastle in the Worthington Cup Quarter Final, the winning goal of the tournament.

2. davidO

davidO New Member

The best answer. This only means he gave his best shot in every game he played!