1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Michael Appleton our new asst manager?

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by MIAMI_FOX, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

As it goes he didn't, good goal. Assist from Chillwell too. Grey got an assist for our 2nd when he actually passed to someone in a better position for a tap in, if you can believe it. Perhaps someone's had a word and he's actually listened.

2. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Was a nice turn and shot:

Is interesting that Bart didn't play at all - played in Euro 2016 and hasn't played once for the Poland U21s in this tournament.

3. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

Bart isn't playing as he has injured his ankle. Nothing serious from what I've read.

4. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

According to Aidy Boothroyd "Demarai Gray was terrific. He worked his socks off." Apart from now needing a new pair of socks it sounds like he made a good impression. As I've said many times before he plays a much better game when he starts. When he comes on with 15 minutes to go it is usually because he needs to make an impact where others have failed and tends to overdo things and is prone to making poor decisions. He's young, works hard and has great potential and should have been playing instead of Mahrez for much of last season. Oh no! I hope I haven't reignited the Mahrez debate yet again! It's been ominously quiet on the transfer front for the gifted one.

5. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

That make sense - was kinda troubling that he couldn't make the team.
    Barcelona, Juventus, Chelsea, Liverpool, PSG and Monaco are linked with him but his preference is Arsenal - the only one not the the Champions League and aren't willing to meet our valuation...

6. Champions of England

Champions of England Active Member

The trouble with Gray when he starts is he goes missing as the game progresses and he neglects his defensive duties too frequently.

He also rarely looks up when playing for us which is reflected by the lack of assists he's managed. He does seem to look up better when playing for the U21's, I remember another assist when I thought I wish he did that for us.

I hope next season he can be more consistent in the final third, find a final ball and become more responsible defensively because if he does we won't miss Mahrez.

7. Champions of England

It's almost laughable that he wants to go to Arsenal because realistically we have as much chance of winning anything as Arsenal, except for the EL.

Him saying he's "fiercely ambitious" and then preferring Arsenal who are the least likely to win the league or CL makes no sense.

I actually think we have as much chance of finishing in the top four or six as they do so don't really see the attraction at all.

8. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

He want to play under Wenger - having a famous manager counts for a lot.

Also they will double his wages and his missus wants to stay in England.

9. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Don't underestimate the power of living in London, particularly for someone coming from abroad.

10. Champions of England

Wenger who wins fack all.

But regardless, they won't sign him because they won't spend the money.