1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Michael Appleton our new asst manager?

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by MIAMI_FOX, Jun 15, 2017.

1. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

2. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Mentioned this on the transfers thread - as a manager he has been unspectacular to be polite but might make a decent assistant manager.

3. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

doing a good job at Oxford. Promotion the other season and got them to Wembley I think

4. Champions of England

Champions of England Active Member

He seems to have done alright in his managerial career, only sacked once by Blackburn who were crap anyway and have now finally gone down to League One, all other moves were progression and he's done a good job at Oxford. Shakey obviously knows him well from WBA and maybe Grimsby too.

5. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

He has an appalling managerial record, other than Oxford, he's been a disaster everywhere he's been.

Presumably he's an old mate of Shakey's, he's obviously not been employed on the back of his record.

6. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

You'd think that there was more credibility in staying as manager, though i guess financially, even an assistant in the prem will be making more than managing at Oxford.

7. Champions of England

No he hasn't at all and you're clearly not considering the clubs he was managing because you don't have a football brain.

Think about it, he's managed Portsmouth who are having a torrid time, Blackpool who are in a huge demise and Blackburn who have finally been relegated to League One, having been in a similar spiral to us when we were relegated from the PL to League One. All really tough jobs with absolutely fack all to work with.

He's done a great job at Oxford getting them promoted to League One and finishing 8th. The only tenure that could be considered a disaster would be Blackburn where he was sacked. Everywhere else he was doing well and earnt moves so he was progressing.

Jack Lesterfan likes this.
  8. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

See what we have to deal with now on this board, OLM? I'm surprised he thinks you have any kind of brain at all. This guy just lacks any kind of tolerance with anyone who disagrees with his divine endowed opinions.

9. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Although its portrayed in a pedantic way, its a fair counter point, Portsmouth Blackpool and Blackburn have been managed poorly at a boardroom level, Oxford the only club hes really been at that has been stable and not trying to over-achieve.

All it really proves is that hes not a manager who can steady a sinking ship.

10. Champions of England

Yeah history behind that pedantic response

I'd say he steadied those clubs as they weren't getting worse, they just weren't making any inroads further up the league than mid-table, apart from Blackburn who were slipping towards relegation, hence why he was sacked. As you say though Oxford is the only club he's been at where he's had a chance to do something.

11. Champions of England

Not lack of tolerance to differing opinions, more lack of tolerance for idiots, of which you're one.

12. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

I'm all for this. I'm sure he probably a very good coach but struggled as manager for, as pointed out, a string of trains wrecks. Shows he has balls to take the jobs.
    Also trust between manager and assistant is important so if he's Shakespeare's man, then he needs to be

13. BucksFox

Please explain what makes me an idiot. I'm intrigued to understand your 'logic'. And please don't come back with more puerile insults as that just makes you look unintelligent, or that you can't be bothered because that just shows you cannot back up your view.

Your definition of an idiot seems to be someone who doesn't share your views. If they don't, then you use the silly schoolboy tactics of insulting them, hoping that will cow them into deferring to you.

To say someone who disagrees with you has no 'football brain' means you totally misunderstand what a 'football brain' is. It is something that belongs to gifted players on the pitch who see things quickly and anticipate situations. I suspect the only thing you have played is with the little pink fella while kissing the mirror.

14. Champions of England

No it's not a difference of opinion because lots of people have differing opinions and I respect them but you're different!

You're an idiot because of your attitude and behaviour when I posted some exciting news about our future. It's 100% true but your narrowminded little brain couldn't comprehend it and your response was to call me a liar, simply because you didn't believe it. That in itself makes you an idiot!

You're narrowminded and can't see outside the box, or even in it for that matter. It was obvious that Shakey was getting the job yet somehow you couldn't see it, maybe narrowblinded would be more accurate!

At the end of the day you behaved like a prick when I was trying to offer everyone some extremely exciting news about our future so my attitude towards you is reflective of that!

15. Champions of England

Oh and for the record Bucksfox, there were others too on this forum who called bullshit and they know who they are but the difference is, they've all had the decency to apologise in some form for calling bullshit, you haven't.

That to me indicates a lot about their characters and I respected that, subsequently my attitude towards them changed.

16. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

I haven't apologised but don't have any problem with yourself

17. Champions of England

Which is why I have no issue with you ;)

18. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

I certainly haven't apologized but accepted your olive branch of reconciliation . You cant seem to grasp that it is not that people disbelieved you but the manner in which you post. I don't recall anyone saying you were talking bullshit, just questioned this " I know more then you lot so accept what I say" attitude.

But back to the point which is as someone has said, if he is Shakey's choice then we can assume they work well together and that he is a good coach.

19. BucksFox

I'm afraid your 'exciting' news didn't excite me, that was all. I never said I didn't believe it and certainly didn't call you a liar, so don't start telling lies yourself. I just didn't find it exciting. That might make me different to you, but it certainly doesn't make me narrow minded. Just stop the silly, school boy insults, grow up a bit and realise it's okay for others to react differently to how you would like them to. Are you really so pathetic and insecure?

And I didn't say that Shakey wouldn't be selected as full time manager. Again, a lie from you. And why, if it was so obvious he would be chosen, would I have to look outside the box? Surely you only look outside the box when something isn't obvious?

I'm sorry, CoE, but probably best that you leave it there because you're making yourself look a bigger knob than you probably are.

20. Champions of England

I don't care what you say, you think I'm a dickhead and I think you are too so just leave it at that because I can't be fuucked to talk to you!!