1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Message from Brian Seymour Smith

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Brian has been in touch with me via email because he has had log in issues with getting on to this site. He has asked me to put the following: (which is exactly the same as what he has put in other forums too).

Hi

I am writing on behalf of the Bristol Rovers FC, to say how saddened everyone connected with our club is by the events which took place at Port Vale on Saturday.

As you may be aware, I came around to the away end after the game and witnessed for myself the aftermath of what must have been an extremely unpleasant, frightening and disappointing episode for those people who were injured, either during or after the game.

As you will have seen from the club statement, the Rovers Board takes this matter very seriously indeed. That is why the Chairman publicly stated last night, that he and the Board are asking for a full inquiry to take place to find out exactly what went wrong, what lessons can be learned and what actions are needed to be taken to prevent this happening again.

Because the club cares so passionately about the wellbeing of our fans, I would therefore welcome your help.

Please if you were at the game on Saturday and were injured and needed treatment, or you know someone who was, then please get in touch with me via email at [email protected] and mark the subject as: BSS Port Vale with your name or their name and contact details (ask them first).

If you do not wish to be identified I fully understand. However, if so, our Chairman Steve Hamer, would like to meet you after the game against Scunthorpe on Saturday and personally wish you a very speedy recovery.

On behalf of the board and everyone connected with our club, we sincerely hope if you were hurt or injured, please accept our deepest regrets and be assured of our desire for answers. To all our fans who travelled to Port Vale, our sincere thanks for your ongoing support. It is very much welcomed and appreciated by us all.

Thank you!

Best wishes

Brian SS

Gasheadseamge79 likes this.