1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Merchandising.

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Roberto, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Roberto

Roberto Member

I know we all moan about merchandise and the price it cost etc. But if you look at what Man United have done so well over the last 20 years it is merchandising and creating a global brand and selling as much as possible to bring a high income to the club. I don’t know about anyone else on here but I’ve noticed since FSG took charge they’ve really developed the marketing side of the club.

The online store for example. As soon as Suarez was confirmed they created a link from the news page to the store where people could purchase the personalised top. For me the way they reacted very quickly and made it easy means that people will go straight ahead a buy it. They’ve also created a Suarez section on the personalised gift part selling personalised goods with Suarez on it. Probably guilty of being just cheap tat but it’s going to bring sales to the store and increase the clubs revenue.

They seemed to have got a lot of stuff going on. It seems to me they are planning ahead for the new rules regarding spending and this might only be a small step for now but it’s got potential to go far like United did with their merchandise.

I’m pleased they’ve made this kind of move cause it’s only going to benefit the club long term.

2. Muppetfinder General

Muppetfinder General Well-Known Member

I've noticed some small things, too, though I was grudgingly prepared to concede Hicks and Gillett improved income as well - LFC mag in all the supermarkets, etc.

The TV station went free under H&G, too, which is a better way of getting new fans and income through interactivity than just relying on subscriptions. I hope FSG keep it free. Well, free with a Sports TV subscription.

3. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

I'm going to say 1 word, and I can almost guarantee you will all know what I mean...

Honda.

4. Roberto

Roberto Member

I know exactly what you mean. If we signed him a good move would be opening a club store somewhere over there... ;)

I agree with you about the LFC mag, but didn't the LFCTV going free have something to with Setanta going belly up?

5. Muppetfinder General

Muppetfinder General Well-Known Member

I dunno but I do know it used to be subscription on Sky, then it was free.

6. Roberto

Roberto Member

I got mine free when Setanta went belly up as it was part of the setanta package...

7. David Ngod

David Ngod Member

mines free, not sure if thats because of my sky sports package though,
    regarding honda, the shirt sales he would generate in asia would be stupendous