1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mentality to stay

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by andyyandyy, Oct 1, 2011.

1. andyyandyy

andyyandyy Member

Apart from money I am struggling to see why Keef is still hanging around. I'm sure he will look at Sir Alex who once was on the brink of being sacked and is now one of the most successful manager. The best thing he can do is sit down with the board and sort out a package deal to allow himself to leave and then try to get into management at a team at a low level and learn from his mistakes that he has made.

I'm sure he could be a good manager but at this level you cannot make mistakes. We have a very strong squad yet none of our players are playing anywhere near their best and they wont until they have someone new in charge that will give them believe to win.

The board now have two weeks to do something. Wigley also needs to be given his p45 and i'm beginning to wonder whether Stuart Naylor as goalkeeping coach should stay. I think a new manager needs to be brought in with a new bunch of backroom staff as the only one who seems to be doing anything well is Walsh as his City XI team (previously known as the reserves) are the only team that are winning.

2. Premiershiporbust....

Premiershiporbust.... Active Member

Thats cause Walshy knows how to play football properly and excitingly - the team that he was part of played with passion, desire and belief and, for the 3rd and 4th divisions, a fair bit of ability too.

As for Walshy himself, more often than not,the crowd knew he was going to score as he pulled his left foot back before he even made contact with the ball as it generally flew in the back of the net like an exocet.

How I wish for the days of football played properly again - we haven't done that since our promotion season and it has deteriorated year on year since - spot the common denominator...