1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Media Bull***t Thread

Discussion in 'West Ham' started by Bzzz, May 27, 2012.

1. Cockney Eyetie

Bzzz,

They did try at least and remember that they put 30mill into the club last season out of their own pockets. They are doing the same this summer for transfers. We also need to be a bit more realistic about the signings we will make.

2. saintsalive

saintsalive Member

I,m afraid this is true of a lot of clubs - just trying excite the fans.
    The cr*p being put out by Portsmouth FC is laughable - they are literally on the brink
    of extinction but the manager is (quote) sorting out exciting players for next season!
    The thing(s) that looks like sinking them is that Tel Haim is refusing to walk away without them
    paying up all his contract - another year at £36000 per week. Kanu is doing the same -
    another year on £28000 per week!

3. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

Silly season comes but twice a year, and summer is always worse as ther eis nothing else going on. We don't know where these stories originate, from our club, theirs (in hope to raise the price for other interested parties), players agents or if the reporter has a tombola he picks numbers out of to chose which player is going to which club.

There's no evidence to say the Davids havn't tried to sign these players, in fact I'd be surprised if they didn't, as for everyone there has been a reason why it could've been possible (Huuntelar had been sitting on a bench for eternity, Van Nistelrooy was surpluss to requirements, Tevez had his problems, as did Joe Cole). The sad fact is we havn't been a particularly attractive proposition for a footballer since Eggerton was sacked, Ba had chosen Stoke but they didn't have the sense to ignore his 'bad knee'. Stoke are a more attractive proposition from a footballers point of view, with that in mind maybe the fans should be more realistic.

4. Bzzz

Bzzz Active Member

5. Cockney Eyetie

I now take zero notice of what the media say regarding our transfers. If you are on twitter, follow Adzman89. This guy gets texts from Clungewhu, who feeds info from someone inside the club, most of it turns out correct.

Latest news is that Jussi has signed a 1 year deal, still likely to sign Robinson as well.
    Also about to sign is Kenwyne Jones. Not happy about this one, i've always said he's a poor Carlton Cole, so why BFS is signing him, God only knows.

6. Big Ern

He's looking for a new targetman, Ban Dost was 6'4 Joselo is 6'3, someone to cover Cole.

7. Bzzz

Bzzz Active Member

I heard we were trying to get Zaha for 5 Mil + Baldock on loan but they want an option to buy him for 1Mil at the end of the season. I wouldn't agree to that.
    I think BFS wants to play a 442 with 2 big target men that would be why we have only be linked with giants.
    I'd like to give henderson a chance and then have Robinson as cover incase he doesn't cut it.

Otherwise what do you guys think of Matt Mills? we could probably get him cheap and then we could rotate Tomkins / Reid / Mills

8. Big Ern

I don;t thin so, my guess is it'll be target man and pacey striker/wingers to play off him in a 4-5-1/4-3-3 line up would be my guess, as I can't see him leaving Vaz Te' out which he would if he went for 2 big boys up front. I'd say Cole with Zaha and Vaz te' on either side would be hw we'll line up (if we get Zaha)

9. Bzzz

Bzzz Active Member

He could play Vaz Te on the wing

10. Big Ern

That's what I said, 1 big striker with 2 striker/wingers either side in a 4-5-1 and 4-3-3 formation (my favourite in PES and FIFA)

11. Bzzz

Bzzz Active Member

No but I mean 2 Target men with Vaz te on the wing

12. Big Ern

I can't see that tbh, it wouldn't be a good balance and gives no option than hoof and, regardless of the media's opinion, Allardyce isn't a one dimensional manager, look at the strikers he bought in in january, all small and fast.

Latest players Anelka, Naismith, Kightly and Benayoun. I must admit I'd like to see Benayoun come but I can't really see it.

13. Bzzz

Bzzz Active Member

Anelka lord no, he would want massive wages

14. Big Ern

there's no way the Davids would pay massive wages so that side of the argument doesn't really apply, he's 35, so a bit old, but still a good player with plenty of experience, but, tbh, I think the headline of this thread is fairly apt in regard to this story.

15. Bzzz

Bzzz Active Member

2 goals in 9 apps, and I'm assuming the quality of defending isn't that high

16. Big Ern

The defences may not be good but without seeing what the rest of the team are like I can't really comment, Pele wouldn't have scored many goals if the rest of the team were crap and couldn't get him the ball.