1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

McNaughton's Testimonial

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Jay-Rede, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/craig-bellamy-set-come-out-12509533

Craig Bellamy is coming out of retirement – and will dust off the boots to take to the pitch at Cardiff City Stadium.

But the former Wales captain is not answering Neil Warnock's prayers for a new striker in the final days of the January transfer window.

Hometown hero Bellamy was the attacking spark that helped the Bluebirds to the Premier League in 2013 before calling it a day the following season.

But while Warnock would love a striker of his ilk to lead Cardiff once again, Bellamy's return to action is in aid of his former promotion-winning teammate after confirming he will feature in Kevin McNaughton’s benefit match in March.

Bellamy joins fellow former Cardiff favourites Robbie Fowler, Stephen McPhail, Darren Purse, Jay Bothroyd, Michael Chopra, Paul Parry and Steve Thompson in confirming they will all be back to honour ‘SuperKev’ in the star-studded Sunday March 26 game.

McNaughton is lining up many other former team-mates who will join him in Cardiff for the 3pm kick-off.

“I can’t wait to play at Cardiff City Stadium again and run out in front of those passionate Bluebirds fans again,” says McNaughton, who will be revealing more names of players returning to honour him over the next few weeks.

Bellamy, who ended his playing career with the Bluebirds in 2014 and made almost 100 appearances during two spells with the club, is back with the club as their player development manager.

He helped Cardiff earn promotion to the Premier League for the first time and played in the top flight for his home city club.

Kevin’s XI will take on a ‘Rest of the World’ team at Cardiff City Stadium on March 26 and both will be selected by McNaughton.

The full line-up is set to be revealed over the next few weeks.

Tickets are on sale from the Cardiff City Ticket Office now, with an early-bird option available.

Early-Bird (for tickets purchased prior to match-day)

Adults £10; Concessions (seniors, 16-21yrs plus students 25 and under) £8; Juniors (U16) £3

Match day price: Adults £12; Concessions (seniors, 16-21yrs plus students 25 and under) £10; Juniors (U16) £5.

I expect a complete sell out for this game! Kev deserves it!

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  2. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

hopefully a full house dude>>>>>I for one will show up for this un, he does deserve it jay your right there brother <ok>

Jay-Rede likes this.
  3. Jay-Rede

Top bloke Aber <ok>. Just hope we don't end up with 5000 fans like at Fulham.

4. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

lets hope not dude, that would be a tragic event for a man we hold with such high regard........lets hope the public shows its respect by showing up for a good man who I can still see on the shoulders of fans after our promotion year if I shut my eyes

please log in to view this image

5. Ccfc4ever

Ccfc4ever Well-Known Member

Was my and my friends favourite player when he was with us, so wouldn't miss it for the world, our super Kev might have been born in Scotland but he's Welsh at heart

Jay-Rede likes this.
  6. Barry Tiger

Barry Tiger Well-Known Member

I do hope the club make every effort to promote this match in order to maximise the gate on the day.
    I have this uneasy feeling that Kev was used as a pawn to help appease the fans following the return to blue

7. whiffletree

whiffletree Well-Known Member

A full turnout would be a fitting tribute to the great man. I'll be using the opportunity to introduce my two year old grandson
    to the delights of live football.

8. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

I'll be there and my wife too.

Just hope she doesn't take his song literary <laugh>

9. Jay-Rede

Comment of the year so far Dai!! I just blurted a laugh out in the office <laugh>

DaiJones and BluefromBridgend like this.
  10. isawronnymoorescore

isawronnymoorescore Well-Known Member

i shall be attending

DaiJones likes this.