1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mazzarri's future

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Leo, Jan 29, 2017.

?

What should happen to Mazzarri

Poll closed Feb 2, 2017.
  1. Go now

36.8%
  2. Give him till Burnley at least

21.1%
  3. Give him a month

5.3%
  4. Give him till end of season then decide

36.8%
  1. Hornette_TID

Hornette_TID Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

i know, though today there was an article that stated that those in charge weren't happy with his lack of English...watch this space i guess!

2. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

As someone who lives in a country that does not speak my native language, I do feel a bit for him as some can learn with ease, while others find it much more difficult. My French is good enough to get by, but I know that after a lengthy conversation the brain cells, or is that singular, go into meltdown, and sometimes I realize that I don't know the right word for a more subtle meaning. I know plenty of English who have good French, but little confidence to use it.
    I don't think it helps our Walter have a bond with the fans. I don't speak Italian so have no idea if his translator is getting over exactly what he is saying, or a rough guide to it. I sometimes think the latter.

3. northofwatfordpete

I struggle to learn languages so can sympathise with Walter - if Dean Austin had stayed - who knows?

4. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Well these last 2 results must have helped!

5. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

From the stream I was watching it looked as if he had to be restrained from attacking his own coaching staff. Is the pressure becoming too much I wonder?

6. Hornette_TID

Hornette_TID Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

it does seem to have kicked off tonight, it'll be a talking point for sure! He played it down in the post match interview but from what i've heard it didn't look at all good!

7. Markthehorn

Well the poor 4th official had a tough time dealing with about 10 coaches in the technical areas pointing and screaming at each other!

No wonder Pulis doesn't wear a suit during games (he does afterwards for interviews..) - probably bring up a right sweat.

Compare that with Saturday when Walter was hardly seen and Moyes just stood there probably resigned to his and Sunderland's fate.

8. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

The GK coach and MW had to be held apart by Okaka, I know Italians can be animated but this was more than that.

Would love to find out all but doubt I ever will...

9. Jsybarry

Jsybarry Well-Known Member

I take what other people have said about WM not speaking English, but if you're going to a high-profile job where you know you have to face the press, you would want to be able to speak the language asap. Also, wasn't it said that he'd been living in England since he left his last job in 2014 to prepare for getting a job in the PL? If so, that makes things look even worse for him.

10. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

To be honest just over 2 years is not enough time to get more than a rudimentary knowledge of a foreign language, and Italians of his generation had French at school, if anything. Having said that, Conte had also, never worked outside of Italy before - yet has mastered the language much more quickly. The other logical question is how many of the players speak good English ?

11. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

And our opposition manager today never spoke a word of English when he managed Southampton.

12. Markthehorn

Win next week against Swansea and we are pretty much officially safe (12 clear with 5 games to do..)

But will that be enough for the Pozzos?

13. Markthehorn

14. Jennings60s

Jennings60s Active Member

Of the three Mancini would be my choice. However I am beginning to suspect the Pozzos may decide to stay with Mazzarri

15. Jsybarry

Jsybarry Well-Known Member

Whoever comes in, they'll have to look at whether they keep a few of the senior players, given that we have the oldest squad in the division.

16. Jennings60s

Jennings60s Active Member

I did not realise that

17. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

If you had told us a few years back that we would now be 10th in the Premiership, with a four sided stadium, then we would have bitten off hands for that. The first time since the golden days of GT. that we have survived in the Premiership - the future looks rosy, or........ So why does it all seem so very different from those earlier GT. years ? Maybe it has something to do with the perpetual change we experience now - both of managers and of players, who needed to look on the map to find us before coming here. Maybe it has something to do with the obviously low regard which the Pozzo's have for English football. Maybe it is the knowledge that we have fewer home grown products than all of our opponents other than Man. City. Maybe the knowledge that Troy Deeney is destined to be the last Watford legend.....and then ? Endless streams of homesick Italians and Spaniards and South Americans who struggle to adapt - but there will be endless streams so we can pick and choose. Is there any one of us who would not have given SD. time, together with financial stability behind him ? And now the rumour is of the next Italian who must mould a team of 9 languages together.

18. Markthehorn

I think in the Premier league there are very few statisfied fans - even Stoke and WBA supporters have complained about their manager/style of play this season.

With the money going mad the relationship beteeen a club and its fans has become distanced.

19. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  20. Markthehorn

Vote of confidence?