1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Maybe we're not finished yet

Discussion in 'Stoke City' started by sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband, Jan 31, 2011.

1. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

A guy who works for radio Stoke has just tweeted this

http://twitter.com/#!/RobAdcock/status/32193311678668800

@RobAdcock
    Rob Adcock
    A friend has just texted me saying Rodallega is in the Mitch. I've not seen him. There is a White bentley with black alloys parked outside.

It's probably bollocks though as Sky haven't said anything about Rodallega

Latest Tweet:

@RobAdcock
    Rob Adcock
    #Pulis 's turn to be on the phone and pacing up and down. Looks like admin staff have left. He looks edgy. #SCFC

@RobAdcock
    Rob Adcock
    Pulis and Scholes are doing a lot of pacing up and down. More cars leaving. #SCFC

@RobAdcock
    Rob Adcock
    Scholes is on the phone and looks animated. #SCFC

2. 1972_STOKIE

1972_STOKIE Member

If they are pacing, stressed, worried etc then perhaps they should get their respective fingers out a bit earlier in the transfer window!!!

3. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

Another Tweet from about half an hour ago

@RobAdcock
    Rob Adcock
    Just overheard Rob Dorset say 'he was at hospital and the gaffer is inside so could be finishing deal' not sure who he's talking about #SCFC

EDIT - Latest tweet in the past few minutes

@RobAdcock
    Rob Adcock
    Lots of head shaking going on. A new person has joined TP & Scholes in the room. Wearing a suit with pink shirt - not seen him before #SCFC

4. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

@RobAdcock
    Rob Adcock
    Tony Scholes on the phone and increasingly checking his watch. Going to the wire? Pulis looking through black file #SCFC

5. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

Ok we are done. What an awful transfer window

6. 1972_STOKIE

1972_STOKIE Member

To coin probably the most well known football phrase ..... they think it's all over .... it is now!!! to coin another one ....... Sod it!!!!!

7. 1972_STOKIE

1972_STOKIE Member

Tony Scholes on the phone and increasingly checking his watch ... does anybody think this might be the fax going to League HQ and hoping that it's got there in time?!?!?!?!?!?

8. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

1972 - They'll be no more signings:

@RobAdcock
    Rob Adcock
    Tony Scholes confirms nothings incoming. He seems genuinely gutted. Really nice bloke. #SCFC

9. peadar1987

peadar1987 Member

Prices are always inflated in the transfer window anyway (Andy Carroll the seventh most expensive player ever FFS!).

We definitely have enough strength in the squad to do us till the end of the season, then we can think about strengthening when we're going to get a fair deal on players

10. Pottermouth 328

Pottermouth 328 Well-Known Member

Peadar
    What he heck are you doing? Up this late lol
    I'm a work mate, just have half an hour break till 6.00am #FF sake What the hell has happened while I'm been at work. O.K. NOTHING I'm fuming over the Tuncay sale mate. You?

11. Pottermouth 328

Pottermouth 328 Well-Known Member

Just noticed your post on Andy Carroll yeah, efin el HOW MUCH! Work with lots of Utd fans, they are sound enough though to be fair. They reakon we, Stoke still have enough to stay up. Here's hoping we do Peadar. IF we didn't do you think Pulis would resign? <laugh> NEVER been relegated.

12. peadar1987

peadar1987 Member

Hey Potts, sorry, went to bed after posting that, even the unemployed have to sleep some time!

I'm pretty upset about Tuncay going, but as good a player as he was, he wasn't vital to Stoke City. It's not like we sold Matty, or Shawcross. And it's definitely not like we paid about five times as much as he's worth for a striker who is no more than promising!

I am 100% sure Stoke won't be relegated this season, and even if we are, I don't think sacking Pulis would be a good idea. It's his style of football that has gotten us to where we are, and unless we go back to the dark days under the quitter, or Boskamp, he'll still have genuinely brought us forward. I am baffled by some of his decisions, and enraged by others, but I still think he's the best man for Stoke City.