1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic May to seek snap election for 8th June

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Jack TheLad, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

2. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

That's a big claim.

Don't believe it for a second like <laugh>

Did they provide any evidence whatsoever to back up what they are saying?

3. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

Corbyn with his comrades.

gerry_3383091b.jpg
    2017-04-22-22-23-37--1492146992.jpg
    CVJ-bDyXAAEit-E.jpg
    CJeO_E6W8AABQE7.jpg

I really don't know how any British citizen could vote for this piece of ****.

conservative-party-.png

Billy Death and Tel (they/them) like this.
  4. Gil T Azell

Of course not but its a pretty impressive statement.
    As somebody has already stated somewhere vote Muppet cos thats what you will be getting.
    I'm not pro or anti Tory, Labour, UKIP or any of the other f*ckwits cos they are all in it for themselves and the working man will be hit regardless.
    I would prefer it if we got the Poles in to run the country. We would save f*cking billions and the govt could ay sweet FA cos they have given millions of OUR jobs to them.

Deleted likes this.
  5. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

Deleted likes this.
  6. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

None of that would change the election result though Gil. Those elected wouldn't lose their seats mate.

It would just result in a slap of the wrist and a fine.

You'd be just falling for the usual conspiratorial palaver if you believed that.

She's not doing anything any other pm would've done in the same circumstances, just kicking the opposition in the nuts while they're down.

This time it's Brexit. In Maggies time it was the Falklands, Blair's might have been the first gulf war, can't remember tbh.

Sturgeon's saying May's made a mistake. And Corbyn is strangely buoyant. However I think they both underestimate that the push for Brexit is gaining strength, not diminishing.

Gil T Azell and Billy Death like this.
  7. Gil T Azell

Didnt say I believed it BH but there will be loads of theories coming out AND will it be slapped wrists? Maybe for the Govt but the individuals concerned should be made an example of following on from the previous expenses fiasco.

8. Sidthemackem

Sidthemackem Newcastle United 0-1 Cambridge United
    Staff Member

Thing about Brexit is that a substantial number of Remain voters accept the result and now just want to get on with it. The die-hards won't let it go, but the majority have already moved on.

9. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

I didn't say you did mate. I used the term You'd in the wider context.

Those that may have technically gained their seats illegally are now losing them as a result of the government resigning and going back to the country for re-election.

So whatever happened then is now irrelevant anyway, though legal action may still be ongoing.

And Joe Public will be too wrapped up in Brexit or whatever to give a **** as to what happened last time round. It's already yesterday's fish and chip wrapping.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  10. polyphemus

polyphemus Well-Known Member

As I understand the current regulations, only players who have been included in a high percentage of their country's recent international games will automatically qualify. In addition their country must have a reasonably high FIFA Ranking.

So, if you consider the European Players we got in over recent years, including Loanee's, I don't think any of them would have been allowed under that interpretation.

Then there is the question of what about those already here. Presumably they will be covered by the same rules as the rest of those EU Citizens who currently live and work in UK. That is still to be decided.
    I'm wondering about what might happen when some expensive player approaches the end of his contract.
    If he hasn't played enough international games, or has retired as an International, he may have to be released on a free!!.

While we will miss seeing some good players and the gap between the richest Clubs, who will get the best internationals, and the rest widens, it will be good news for home based players.
    The number of Premier League Teams that only field a small number of home players has not done the National Team any favours. They will have to find more in future.

Gil T Azell likes this.

11. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

Aye, similar situation happening in our leagues atm. Lot of overseas players are struggling to get visas and the only ones who are getting them are student visas.

Something definately changing.

Deleted and farnboromackem like this.
  12. Mick Buxton's Allotment

Mick Buxton's Allotment Well-Known Member

13. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

She wants to get the best deal for the UK regarding Brexit. Nobody is thinking what is the best deal for the EU. I hope the EU negotiators stitch her up in a big, big way. It is what this scum bag Tory Government need, and if the British public won't do it, well let's hope the EU will!!! Love the EU, hate the Tories!!!!

14. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

He's an Arsenal fan, then!!

15. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

Although I acknowledge the obvious weaknesses in the Labour leadership, I still can't comprehend why anyone would even consider voting for this failing government. All indications are pointing that they will reduce income tax (benefits the already wealthy) and massively increase VAT which hits the poor the hardest. They have doubled the national debt and have decimated local government, education, social services and the NHS. Funny how the national media hardly mention these things though..

Nostalgic likes this.
  16. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

I find it incredible that the UK has 650 MPs yet the whole EU only has 750.

17. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

Classic example of trickle down wealth. let them eat benefits.

MrRAWhite likes this.
  18. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Can you still get the Morning Star RAW thought they had stopped printing that paper.<laugh>