1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Matty Taylor to City - Bid made!

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Going by what City and Rovers have said, City made an approach late last week and Rovers over the last 48 hours have tried to persuade him to stay but he made his mind up yesterday that he wants to go to City.

If he wanted to stay but the club agreed the transfer fee and persuaded him to leave then fair enough, I wouldnt be abusive towards him. But he had time to weigh up the situation and would have understood the rivalry. He then decided he wanted to join them. For that, he is Judus and I will only think he will get a lot of abuse next season.

2. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

3. EGLL Gas

EGLL Gas Well-Known Member

in which case we're 300k better off !!!!

4. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Yeah we didn't pay anything for him anyways

5. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

And we get the pleasure of seeing him fail which will wind up those reds! I honestly dont think he is championship quality so if he was to join any championship team then joining City would be good because if he was to struggle in the championship, I would rather see him struggle for them instead of a relegation rival of theirs, if you catch my drift :)

6. The Great Gashead

The Great Gashead Active Member

We
    paid a nominal £16k apparently

Gasheadseamge79 likes this.
  7. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

I think he's Championship quality - he knows where the back of the net is. Not his fault that the release clause was allegedly set at £300k, which is far too low.

But it is his fault that he's gone to C*ty in the middle of our promotion push. He could've waited for the summer & gone then with our best wishes, but not to that destination. Therefore, I hope he initially struggles like he did when he joined us and Teds turn against him as they're relegated.

Judas.

bs3 gas and A Matter Of Time like this.
  8. EGLL Gas

I honestly can't see who the little spive is gunna drop to play him !!!!
    The Chelski lad & the new Bosnian Int'l are prob both gunna be 1st choice, unless he plays 3 upfront, but as some "guests" have stated it's width they need.

As I've said, good luck to him, tho I wouldn't pi55 on him now even if he was on fire !!!!

9. EGLL Gas

is there a "sale on" meaning we owe FGR ?

10. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Is Easter still with us <laugh>

11. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

12. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Right, ok, where is the thanks to Rovers and DC for helping him get into the football league and the chance to rise up the football pyramid and for believing in him when he was on a bad run? Where is the appreciation? Piss poor from him...

He just said this:
    “I know the rivalry is fierce, but at the end of the day I’m a footballer and I’ve got to do what’s best for my career. This is what I felt was right and I’m glad I’m here now. I want to show my skills at a higher level. First things first we need to get a few wins on the board this season and get away from the relegation zone. But the dying ambition here is to get into the Premier League – that’s the main aim for me coming here. The Bristol City fans know the rivalry as well as I do, but fingers crossed I can repay them with a few goals.”

Released by Oxford United as a teenager, Taylor signed for Southern League South & West side North Leigh back in 2009, later joining Forest Green Rovers and then the blue half of Bristol in 2014.

“It was a long way off back then,” he recalled. “But goal by goal I’ve got a bit closer. I’m just over the moon to be in the Championship and to be here at Bristol City. It’s been an amazing few seasons. I’ve come from non-league to the Championship in two and a half years. Back-to-back promotions with Rovers was amazing and that success is something I want to replicate here. I’ll be cheering the boys on tonight and hopefully I can get out on the pitch sooner rather than later.”

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/...g-for-taylor-3548068.aspx#ezLQEt4O8OgkqWJm.99

13. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

14. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Wonder if has got a relegation release clause in his new 2 1/2 year contract

15. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

I had a txt from a mate he said he saw with his own eyes that Lockyer liked a post by a sheed it said "will take you in the summer"

16. gas

gas ACCOUNT DELETED
    Forum Moderator

ffs

17. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Last seasons Lockyer, they can fook off.
    This seasons Lockyer, I drive him there myself <ok>

Gasheadseamge79 and gas like this.
  18. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

McBurnie in first team squad for tonight's match reckon we are going to be a striker down at the end of the window no sign of a GK either

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  19. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I put this on twitter which has got a good reaction...

If it wasnt for Rovers, Taylor would still be a non league player now. Rovers gave him the chance that he needed. DC believed in Taylor & was patient with him when he was off form. Rovers & DC made Taylor. Where is his thanks to Rovers & DC in his City interview? Where's the appreciation for us gasheads who supported him every week? He could've softened the blow with words of appreciation but he has shown a lack of class.

20. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

He will be wearing the number 12 shirt for City, the same number we dedicated for our fans.

please log in to view this image