1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Matt Taylor Transaction.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I seen this too and thought how stupid! It wont be a bidding war over the price. Everyone can just bid £300k and Rovers would have to accept each bid. The only bidding war would be over wages and bonus's - who can offer him the best contract!

Anyway, there was only 1 team who was stupid enough to bid for him. You will soon find out why ;)

2. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

3. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I have a video all lined up if you get relegated. I cant wait :)

4. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

Well thank goodness we won't have to see it <laugh>

5. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

Silly season story, featuring a club who are perhaps a little unused to dealing with this level of transaction (hence the ridiculous clause in the contract that lost them a couple of million quid).
    Not that my sympathies aren't with them. Its a cut-throat business at the best of times

6. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

ha ha ... pity the subtitles were so quick, but then again so was the deal

7. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

EFL now confirming that Rovers have complained.

Absolute numpties.

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  8. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

I think it's funny, and shows them for what they really are.

9. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

IMG_0432.JPG
    Even more stupid then if he's writing tweets like this.

10. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Bitter lot aren't they..

I was stood in a North Bristol pub last night listening to them bickering (quite nastily) with each other..

Made me smile.. a lot!

11. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

As said we got a bargain boys and girls got a rating of nine today.
    What a steal from our neighbors

IMG_2057.PNG

12. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Hi guys, I remembered this thread from wiz at the end of November which I got involved in: http://www.not606.com/threads/should-bristol-city-sign-matty-taylor.339766/

I wonder if those who said 'no' in that thread have changed their tune? <whistle>
    Also, when Taylor signed for you guys, I stated on 1 of your threads my opinion of Taylors game. I stated his pro's and cons. I cant remember exactly the words I got in return but it was along the lines of me being bitter and angry about him joining you. Well in the above link, you will see my comment on 7th December (comment 30 in tha thread) which was my honest assessment on Taylor back then which was the same as what I posted after he joined you, which proves I wasnt being bitter and angry about him joining you reds. Anyway....

Good for him scoring yesterday and I mean that too. I hear he missed a sitter as well apparently. Is that correct? I seen Tammy's 3rd goal (3-0) which was apparently assisted by Taylor. But clearly he didnt try and pass to Tammy. It was a miss hit shot. Was that the sitter or was there another?

Remember, he is a confidence player so if he misses a few sitters in a game (before he scores), dont get on his back because it really does effect him. Luckily for you that he scored before he missed 1 or 2 sitters.

13. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

The guy came on for his first full game, away to Derby, a step up in quality, a level he is not used to and he scoed a goal, that is all we could ask, I said on the original thread he was at least a £2m player and I believe I will be proven correct.

By the way I quote quality and this is not an insult aimed at the "gas".

14. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Hi wiz <ok>

I wasnt mocking him above. I even said good on him for scoring yesterday. Scoring on your full debut, away from home and in a higher division, is nothing to be mocked at <ok>
    I was just pointing out that some on the thread that I enclosed in my last comment didnt want him at your club. As he has had a bright start for you, I wonder if some have changed their minds on him.
    I heard he missed a sitter as well, I was just wondering if it was the sitter that he missed which ended up assisting Tammy or if it was a different sitter. No need to answer that now as I just came across it on twitter as its doing the rounds! You were warned about him missing sitters so dont let it be any surprise to you all when it keeps happening. Just dont get on his back when it happens as he gets worse. Trust me as I have seen it for 2 and a half years! If he can score before the sitter then sitters will be less often, which is why I say he is a confidence player <ok>

I dont understand your last line though <ok>

Anyways, im off. Have a good evening (whats left of it) <hug>

15. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

Yes it was a sitter and if that had gone in or Bryan's chance afterwards then either would have made it 4-1 and I reckon it would have been game over. However I was one of the those saying that we didn't need him because I don't think he would improve our team. I was wrong, in the game and the bit he has been involved in he has been involved in all of the four goals we have scored. He may miss the odd sitter but at least he getting in the position to miss them, we have been reliant on Tammy far too much this season, and after all he is only a 300K striker and not a £10 Million one so we cant expect too much from him.

16. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I was merely stating the fact that Taylor has taken a step up in class and he will have to be given time to re-adjust his play to accomodate his new circumstances, bigger club, bigger crowds, better quallity team mates, fiercer competition from opposition sides, bigger expectations, just the simple facts from his step up to the Championship after 2 or 3 seasons playing non league and lower league football.

I did not intend it to be a mockery of your club and stated so, I do have to say we are in a dodgey situation ourselves so I'm hoping Taylor is going to be our white knight..

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  17. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

over from 4 yards open goal

18. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

He's a £300k striker for 1 reason. That aint his true valuation of course. As you can see from all my comments about Taylor (before and after us) I have always been consistant with what I have said about him. Watching the clip of his goals on our board has brought back the good memories of him. Without his goals, we wouldnt be in league 1 now. So I can joke about him being a snake/Judas blah blah blah and laugh at his sitters (especially if it means to join us next season in league 1 ;)) but I am thankful for his part in giving us gasheads our club back. I still think your current level is a step too far for him and if he proves me wrong, then fair shout to the lad. Its a good start so far, thats for sure (apart from that miss ;)).

<ok>

19. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Thats cool wiz, like I said, I judt didnt understand the last line of the comment. But you are right on all of the above for sure <ok> Of course there will be a honeymoon period for him, if such a thing exist. Some say players joining new clubs have that honeymoon period where things go right for them straight away. Some say players joining new clubs, especially if that involves moving up the leagues, need time to re-adjust as you say.

I amended the end bit of your last sentence :)<ok>

Im glad Rovers are no longer following up on their complaint about this transfer. I see the 2 clibs have come to some sort of understanding over what happened. That means to me (just my opinon) that City have off the record accepted 'some' responsibility, even if thats just 5%. I think Rovers will be happy to hear that and would be glad to move on understanding that nothing could be proved and would just be a waste of time and energy. Also, (not on this site) but I have seen and heard things said on both sides that have gone too far and crossed the line. Hopefully the understandment between the 2 clubs will defuse things for some, especially if it ends up that next season we have to face each other. I have been joking about you going down because I still believe there is at least 3 or 4 clubs worse than yourselves so deep down I think you will be just fine <ok>

20. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

He has missed from closer with us. This will happen often. The key is to accept it and give him support in the stands instead of abuse like some of our fans gave him at times :(

Red Robin likes this.