1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Matt Kilgallon: I just don't get it

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Shameless, May 24, 2012.

1. Shameless

Shameless Well hung member

He's got pace, power, poise, good in the tackle and very good in the air ...so why do we not use him as a left back?

2. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Cos it means we move him from his best position at Centre Back (I think?!) No idea really mate - I'd prefer John O'Shea in the centre than at either of the full back positions (I'd prefer him not to play rather than at full back!) but we're not paid >£1m per year to make these decisions and Martin is... He'll know the answer!

3. Lostinvegas

Lostinvegas Well-Known Member

Because he is not as good at left back. I think your original post describes a fantastic centre half. Its got to be him and Brown or him and OShea next season. Kilgallon has the one thing our other 3 centre backs are missing and that's pace. I think with Brown next to him attacking the ball and reading the game Kilgallon would be fantastic. We need a proper LB, Bridge was not the answer.

4. Uni_Mackem_MAHons

Uni_Mackem_MAHons Active Member

Dont forget his silky brazillian skills. Not many centre backs can skin the man city defence then chuck a rabona into the box.

5. Redan_White

Redan_White Member

Like and rate the lad me. I hope he makes one of the CB spots his own. A CB with ball skills playing for Sunderland <yikes>

6. The Mackem of Oz

I have a feeling Killa will be gone in the summer. I really hope not because I rate him higher than any of our CB - I just have a feeling his isn't big enough in terms of name.
    I can see Cuellar coming and playing CB, along with Brown/Oshea.