1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Matt Jarvis

Discussion in 'Wolves' started by HOADIE_BOI, Mar 16, 2011.

1. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

how much do you think he worth, do you think you can keep hold of him, If not where do you think his future lies and also do you think he will play for England

2. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Well Wolves are one of only a few clubs that made a profit last season, so we don't need to sell him to balance any books.

He is one of many young players we have which if we stay up will require quite a large fee to tempt us to sell . If we go down however then he will most likely be sold since he will not want to play in the championship again.

I think that if we stay up teams will have to start at 10 million to even get any consideration, but if we get relegated then it will most likely be 4/5million tops.

3. HOADIE_BOI

I am a big fan of him and I think he is worth 10 million any day
    When you's got him off us 4 years ago he was good, but since then he has gone from strength to strength so 10 million would be a good price for him as he will play for england in the near future

4. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Named in the England squad for the Wales game Saturday :)

5. HOADIE_BOI

Yeah just seen that Im thrilled, being a gills fan that he may play, I hope he does get his go out there and he proves himself

6. east-coast-wolves

Jarvis' value has unboutedly just doulbled, and so it will be very hard to hold onto him. As one of our best players though, we should do everything to ensure he stays. Liverpool have been linked with him already I see. Being relalistic, he probably wont play against Wales, but I would hope that Capello gives him a chance to prove himself against Ghana.

7. HOADIE_BOI

Yeah really I beg he gives him a chance, I have every faith in him to shine for England.

8. arthurs316

arthurs316 New Member

Adam Johnson was sold to Citeh for 10 million so at least the same for Jarvo, I don't want him sold though....

9. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

more reports today that Liverpool and Newcastle are interested.

10 million will allow us to get another couple of risky buys who could turn into another Fletcher or Hunt who are more squad players than stand outs at the moment, so hoping that if he does go, we hold on for a decent amount to at least guarantee a decent replacement.

10. HOADIE_BOI

He is a great player, Done well everywhere he has been in his carrer, Sorry to say I think he will move on, Definatly if you end up going down, Which i don't think will happen but he has to move on to bigger things, So it is in the best interest of him to move to a bigger club.
    Good luck for the season and I hope you can keep hold of him

11. east-coast-wolves

the team is playing so well that losing Jarvis could be potentially troublesome. we are unlikely to find another winger of his quality for a price we can afford. we would lose a vital attacking threat.

12. HOADIE_BOI

He is the heart of the team mate, It is definatly vital you can keep hold of him, Wolves are now in the same position as gills were 4 years when he joined you, We really needed him.

13. Tobymono

Tobymono New Member

Get the feeling the Liverpool rumour will rumble on all summer regardless of where we're playing next season.

He's rightly gotten a lot of attention this summer, still not got a complete game though, lacks composure at times in front of goal and I think personally, he'd benefit playing with us for a few more seasons.

That's unless he hits it big internationally and someone wants to pay us crazy "Andy Carroll" kinda money.

14. east-coast-wolves

i'd take crazy Andy Carroll money. He's good, but for that amount of money, we might be able to do better...

15. HOADIE_BOI

I think he is worth 15 Million definatly

16. Tobymono

Tobymono New Member

Yeah definitely but you see what I mean? We've got no reason to sell, he's on a decent length contract so it'd take a decent bid for us to sell.

I think timing of bids would be important too, we won't sell on deadline day with no replacement if we're still in the Prem for example.

17. HOADIE_BOI

Yeah agreed mate, Hopefully you can keep him as that would show how good you are at keeping key players, as people like him would keep you in the premiership single handed.

18. east-coast-wolves

you would think it has a lot to do with the next week. if he does well for England, then i think he will go. if he doesnt, interest will die down, and we could keep hold of him.

19. HOADIE_BOI

I know you do want to keep him, But I want him to shine for England, He is one of my favorites and I am a big fan of him, I would love it if he scored or done amazing.
    Do you want him to shine for England?

20. east-coast-wolves

oh yes, for his sake and it would help the team's confidence and morale as well. i'm just worried it would impact on our chances of holding onto him. if we could do both, that would be brilliant.