1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Matchday advice

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by stretchyboy, Jul 26, 2017.

1. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

I haven't been up to PR for a good few years now, but will be travelling up more this season (will definitely be going to the Fulham game)

As i'm not from the area, can anyone advise as the best place to park on a Saturday morning (train station?), and what would the traffic be like?

Also, where would the best neutral pub be? (I'm going with a Fulham and a Barnet fan)

Thanks

2. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Hi Stretchy
    Best place to park is past the railway station with it on your right into Burrell Road and there is a car park after about 100 yards on the left,less than a fiver to park all day.
    Most Town centre pubs have signs saying Home fans only and encourage away fans to use the Station Hotel or whatever it's called now...but most pubs don't have a problem as long as you are discrete( cover up away shirts)I was in the Black Horse with a group of Toon fans at the end of last Season(and weren't they sick afterwards!) but expect you should also be able to get into others,like The Swan,Mannings etc.
    Enjoy your days out!

Nuggets likes this.
  3. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

Cheers Al - hopefully goals and three points to make the journey back more enjoyable

4. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

As Big Al says, most pubs are 'home only', so they have a bouncer on the door, but it's mostly a deterrent. The pubs where I've actually had to show my ticket last season were the Thomas Wolsey and Isaacs along the Waterfront. Maybe that's on account of my youthful looks and that I was wearing hoodies on both those occasions.

5. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

I normally park right outside the ground in the Post Office car park. I rock up at about 12 and there is always spaces at that time of day and it's pretty cheap. <ok>