1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Thread: Watford v Barnsley

Discussion in 'Watford' started by geitungur akureyrar, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Hornette_TID

Hornette_TID Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

yes i agree, and i do wish he'd stop bringing Drinkwater on! Though he did do a couple of good things today, that was a strange sight! lol

2. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hornette, how much of the match thread could you follow? I would be interested to know if the comments that I pick out from the commentary seem to be anything like what is happening at the ground. It is really for those who cannot be there, but there is quite a difference between co-commentators, and I am not sure if it is possible to be misled simply by the different styles that they bring to the game.

3. Hornette_TID

Forum Moderator

i didn't follow it but i can look and see if i agree with the comments. It's interesting, because i noticed at half time someone (you?) said that Tommy Mooney was saying Sordell deserved a goal for all the work he was doing, and yet everyone where i was sitting thought he was having a mare!

4. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yes I did report that. He thought that he had worked really hard in an unaccustomed role, but was lacking confidence in front of goal. Of all of the people who sit alongside Jon Marks, he seems to strike the right balance of wanting Watford to win, but is critical when it is deserved.

5. Hornette_TID

Forum Moderator

Yes i agree, he's good, but sometimes he gets it wrong imho. Sordell was out of position, no doubt about it, but even the most basic things were going awry...sometimes he just has games like that. It was right to sub him.