1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Thread: Swansea vs Chelsea 31/01/12 - 19:45

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Drogs, Jan 30, 2012.

?

Result?

Poll closed Jan 31, 2012.
  1. Swansea win

43.9%
  2. Draw

26.8%
  3. Chelsea win

29.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

Michael Essien made the same number of successful passes as Malouda although he only played for 35 mins.

Jesus Christ

2. PaGaNsWaN

PaGaNsWaN Active Member

Everton beating Man City means we stay at 13th

3. BackStabbed

BackStabbed Active Member

Essiens looked quality since his been back. All i saw Malouda do was give the ball away and put poor crosses in. That corner was awful and disgusting

4. BackStabbed

I thought AVB showed a statement of intent earlier in the season he would play players on form by dropping lamps and torres etc but it's the same situation as last season when out of form players are playing. I know Piazon is 18 and has no experience but i'd rather have a young hungry player that wants to prove himself be playing than a 31 year old **** who puts no effort in as proved v qpr. Even if Piazon was **** i'd still be happy because i would of knew he tried his best, Lukaku hasn't done much in the games his played but at least his chased every ball and has put maximum effort in. Malouda puts no effort in hence why i want him out. I'll be happy losing or drawing as long as we put the effort in but i'm not seeing that every game, even Drog acts like he don't give a **** sometimes.
    Lets be honest Torres hasn't exactly proved his worth 50million but at least he gives 100% every game, he trys to win every ball, he trys to create, he trys his best and thats good enough for me. I'd rather come 17th with our players showing passion and effort than 4th with no ****ing effort. Pisses me off big-time, Maloudas getting what 75k a week for what? To mope around the pitch, i'd play for chelsea for £0 a week because it would be a honour to wear that shirt and try and do something for the team, the guys a ****ing prick

5. Varier2

Varier2 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Let's just get this straight, genius tactician (<laugh>) or not, AVB has absolutely no clue how to run a team. I am seriously annoyed at him for his sheer blindness to a shocking lack of quality amongst Chelsea players.

6. The Ginger Marks

The first half was awful, the whole team gave away possession easily. Torres might not have played for the service he got all night Malouda was just ****e all night and his best passage of play was being hauled off but one wonders what took AVB so long to work it out <grr> We were the best side in the second but never looked like scoring and I don't feel bad for Swansea but feel for the way they conceded as we were ****ing clueless.

Based on play only 1-1 fair result

Based on anything else Swansea should have won.

7. AlphaCanine

AlphaCanine Member

Please we need to sign a striker. How can Chelsea win matches if we have no consistent goalscorer on the pitch? Hopefully Chelsea sign Carlos Tevez from Manchester City in the last minutes of this window. Tevez has a big ego but can score a lot of goals. City only value him at £25m.

8. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

We do seem to turn it on against the top teams but quite often a bit of bad luck costs us. We seem to find it harder against the teams around mid table where we are, but we are suprised and chuffed to be doing so well considering we were written off at the start of the season by know alls in the media and the game. Good luck chelsea for the rest of the season you are one of the best clubs and fans. If you got any more promising players to sell to us we will bring them up to speed send them on over or torres on loan<cheers>

9. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

Cheers, and <laugh> it's not Torres we're annoyed with to be honest!

10. BackStabbed

Feel free to take Malouda,Mikel and Kalou off our hands lol, we're even pay ya 5million

11. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

If they are good enough to get in your team im sure Rogers would make them shine in ours if he wanted them and you covered thier wages as well as the £5 M you gotta deal my old mucca !!

12. Varier2

Varier2 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You can't make coal shine, not even Brendon Rogers can, therefore, Malouda and Mikel would still fail at Swansea.

13. bigkidderz

bigkidderz Well-Known Member

You know what this game reminded me of? The Swansea home games against Watford and Millwall last year. We dominated early proceedings and got in the lead, and then rested on our laurels, invited pressure and finished the game 1-1.

The difference? Tonight, the team from London wasn't lowly Watford or Millwall, it was multimillionaire Chelsea! And yet the game took the same pattern... It shows how we are growing into this division. I don't think we'll take another hammering this season, we're adapting to the Premiership and I genuinely feel that the 4-1 loss at the Bridge was a small case of 'rabbit in the headlights'. So many positives to take from tonight, even if we didn't quite hang onto the lead. We've got West Brom, Norwich and Stoke in February - 9 points is potentially achievable and would put us very close to safety! Additionally, West Brom and Stoke are 2 opportunities to do the double over both teams - I hope that we can take our recent home form (5 points against Spurs, Gunners, Blues) in February and rack up some points!

Finally, good luck to Chelsea for the rest of the season. Look forward to 2 more fixtures next year.

14. TycochSwan

TycochSwan Member

Firstly John Hughs, never commented on him before, but what a tool! Haha, gutted with the result tonight! But if I had been offered a point before kick off I would gladly have taken it! Not often we get out possessed at home! Think we gave that little man mata too much space, he may not have played that killer ball but he always kept the Chelsea attack moving! The equaliser should never have happened! Luke Moore was way to slow closing Bosingwa down! He looked uninterested the whole time he was on! Routledge would have been a much better sub! But o well! One more point towards safety! I feel west brom away is a must win! And I fully look forward I cheering my side on at the Hawforns!

15. chelsea - over 100 years of history

No offence Mata but are you missing what the rest of us are seeing?? Buy Pele and it'd make no difference without any sort of service from midfield. Torres is having to come deep and wide to even get a touch. We don't need a striker we need either decent width or someone in the 'hole' to get the ball turn and go at defences. On top of that we need to build up attacks quicker and actually play with intent BEFORE going a goal down.

16. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

Worst part is we have someone who could play in the hole and feed Torres but VB is reluctant to try it. I guarantee when Drogba is back he's straight into the line up. He suits this style more IMO.

17. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

Thought I'd refrain from posting hammered last night!

Chuffed with a point. Ok, Chelsea may have not been at their best in the first half, but for the Swans to capitalise on that shows how far we've come. Somebody said it earlier in this thread, and I said it a few months ago... I don't think we're going to get a drubbing again this season, unless in really really special circumstances. The players have developed a siege mentality in defence and we still aren't conceding many goals- although 1 clean sheet in 7 games now is slightly concerning given early season form. I think a clean sheet in our next home game is something Buck will both expect and work towards.

Also, we've played Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal & Spurs at home, and only lost one of those games. Unreal.

18. chelsea - over 100 years of history

100%. Drogba will go back in the team and has to because he doesn't need service the way Torres does and we can hoof balls up to him and hope he makes something happen. Feel sorry for Torres but we seem clueless as to how to get the best out of him.

19. BackStabbed

Our problem is we have too many selfish players in the team who are not use to passing there use to shooting at every available oppurtunity

20. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

They've probably been learning from Fat Frank...