1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Thread: Barcelona (2) vs Chelsea (3) - Champions League Semi Final (2nd leg)

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Drogs, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

Good evening blues and welcome to the 4th match thread in a matter of days! On Tuesday night we face easily our biggest test of the season at the Nou camp against Barcelona in the 2nd leg of the Champions League semi final with a 1-0 aggregate lead. Already we have been written off by several rival fans despite this lead and we look to prove all critics wrong in this mouthwatering encounter <ok>.

We come into this off the back of a 0-0 draw at The Emirates after playing almost our 2nd team against Arsenal, leaving our key boys fit and fresh to face the Catalans. Barcelona on the other hand look to set things straight after losing two games in a row, most recently to Madrid who all but engraved their names on the La Liga trophy in their bitter rivals back yard. Barcelona had an almost full strength line up against Madrid including the likes of Alves, Mascherano, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta and of course Messi so hopefully we use the fact our players have been given that extra bit of needed rest as an advantage :D

Cole, Ivanovic and Meireles are all one yellow away from missing a potential final so must all be careful.

Form -

Barcelona

Zaragoza 1-4 - W
    Getafe 4-0 - W
    Levante 1-2 - W
    Chelsea 0-1 - L
    R. Madrid 1-2 - L

Chelsea

Wigan 2-1 - W
    Fulham 1-1 - D
    Tottenham 1-5 - W
    Barcelona 1-0 - W
    Arsenal 0-0 - D

Predicted Line Ups

Barcelona

Personally I can't see Pep taking any chances after being so poor in the air last night, he'll probably start Pique over Mascherano. Pique hasn't been fantastic this season and I still believe it could work to our advantage as at the same time Puyol's age is certainly catching up with him, unlike our own JT

Chelsea

Same line up as before I reckon, unless Robbie feels the need to bring Kalou or Luiz in.

My prediction? God knows, I really can't call it. My heart says 0-0/1-1 and we go through, but my head says 3-1 Barca. However, I believe we have the capabilites of stopping these ****ers and reaching our 2nd CL Final in 4 years!

KTBFFH! COME ON CHELSEA

Let's hope for

And not another

2. The Ginger Marks

Great Looking thread Drogs <ok>

Looks like its gonna be a lucky one. :D

3. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

Let's hope so mate :D

4. Varier2

Varier2 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Really hope we play in white. That black and blue kit is cursed! Anyway, I'm sensing a 2-1 Barcalona we go through on away goals.

5. AlphaCanine

AlphaCanine Member

The clean sheet we Chelsea kept and the goal we scored at Stamford Bridge could turn out to be priceless because in the past Barcelona have only edged it going through by scoring an away goal. But this time round Barca have no away goal. Chelsea have drawn 0-0 and scored at the Nou Camp before. This time the Chelsea players have learnt from playing against Barca. From Chelsea interviews the players have said they will be going to the Nou Camp to score the away goal.

6. luckywerthers

luckywerthers Active Member

excellent thread drogs. 2-0 barca and chelsea score in the 89th, that would be nice!! or chelsea get an early away goal causing barca to leave their selves even more open at the back and chelsea grab another !! i can not see how we can lose this to be honest <whistle>

7. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Great summation Drogs. This game will be decided by the referee. Barcelona 2 Chelsea 0

8. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Isn't Drogba out?

9. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

cheers guys.

HD, we think it's a psychological move. He looked fine after Wednesday!

10. bluemoon2

bluemoon2 Well-Known Member

Great thread Drogs! I agree with Varier about wearing the white kit! Now its back to fingernail chewing! :shocked:

11. CFCDEAN

CFCDEAN Member

Barthalona are under a lot more pressure than us, the whole of the football world expects them to beat us, i think ''if'' we can get a goal they will be under even more pressure and get frustrated ''if'' we can defend like we have in our last 2 games and not get drawn into a war (think it could get ugly),cos you can bet they'll start all the diving, rolling arand trying to con the ref to get some one sent off or give them a penalty, i reckon we will get through i'm going for a 1 all draw, bring on the special one <cheers>

12. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Exactly that. A strong ref could be the key. Barca will do whatever it takes, we all know that.

Can't see us holding them to a nil nil so we'll probably have to score.

Head says no idea what's going to happen, heart says, 2-1 and through on away goals!!

13. 1905

1905 Member

i think we can get a draw. this pitch being too wide business is stupid, i just googled it and according to wikipedia their pitch is only 2 yards wider. whether it's reliable or not is another question.

14. bluemoon2

bluemoon2 Well-Known Member

Word is that Drogs is is in Barcelona and likely to play!

15. 1905

1905 Member

16. 1905

1905 Member

by the way if there are any betting men in the house we are down for 9/1 to win tomorrow

17. marbella blue

marbella blue Member

Might have some of that, really fancy your chances, good luck.

18. Pottermouth 328

Pottermouth 328 Well-Known Member

Something I read last week guys..
    I'm almost sure that Barcca have NEVER gone through after conceding an away goal in Europe and losing a game 1-0.

YOU can do IT Stoke fan wishing you all the best. COME on CHELSEA <ok>

19. CCC

CCC Poet Laureate

I don't usually post on other teams' boards but thought I'd wish you all the best for tonight. A lot of people are writing you off but you've got the ability and the 1-goal advantage. You've a great chance to hit them on the counter and get a vital away goal - and this liverpool fan sincerely hopes that you take that chance. Good luck Chelsea! <ok>

20. Robby202

Robby202 Well-Known Member

Cheers mate nice to see a bit of support <ok>