1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Martin O'Neill

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Blue Prophet, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Blue Prophet

Blue Prophet Active Member

Despite the supposed clampdown on rumours emanating from the club..........well you can't stop them all together, and here is the latest from a previously reliable source.

MON is currently in Malaysia............sheer coincidence.

The club are looking to put together "an attractive package" to present to his representatives, however the club will NOT match the £2 million basic he was reputed to be on at Villa (thank God). The idea being that MON gets paid a competitive championship salary, with a "healthy bonus" should we get promoted. The sticking point is that MON (or any manager worth his salt) would want certain guarantees before he would take such a huge gamble, MON has already proved he will walk away if promises are not kept, so you can take it as read that IF (and its a big if) MON comes on board, well the Malaysians have put their money where their mouth is in the transfer market.................it may be an impossible deal to pull off (they said that about Bellamy) but it certainly shows ambition <ok>

2. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Hi Roy

Certainly more fun here that the old 606 of late.

I have said on a few other threads that I am unsure about MON's long term commitment. Especially with a certain job in Manchester likely to become free in 2/3 years.

In the short term he would create enormous interest as did Bellers but he does have a history of ejecting Teddy from the perambulator (that's a word rarely used on any 606 - do I get extra points for that?) if he can't get his own way.

Personally I would prefer someone to queitly get on with it and not attract disproportionate (more points please) media interest - at the risk of being shot down for saying this too oftem, but De Matteo for me. Young, keen, fresh ideas, not too expensive and a recent track record of geting a team to the Prem.

Perhaps if I say it often enough it will happen.

3. bluebird_pagey

Interesting news proph. I can add some other speculation about possible new managers (sorry nothing about O'neil) but I am pretty sure that Ardley has been interviewed for a more advanced role at the club. Whether that is for the vacant managers post or to help out with the new manager, I do not know. McClaren is also sticking his nose into the frame.

4. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Pagey

Are we that popular now? Would McLaren bring his own umbrella or would we give him a new one?

5. concernedincardiff2011

at the rate he picks up accents (he had a dutch accent while at FC Twente for some reason) god knows what he'll end up sounding like after a fortnight in Kairdiff!!!