1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Markovic and others

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Rubbersoul, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Rubbersoul

Rubbersoul Well-Known Member

With Markovic joining Hull on loan he has since hit a great bit of form.

With our injuries atm is time to start calling back our loan players and seeing if they swim or drown?

Flanagan getting zero game time. Could easily come back and Milner drop into the middle to give us an alternative.

Markovic is another winger with pace which we need with Mane out.

I don't know how many other loan players we have which would improve our current state but we need to start recalling.

2. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

Flanagan wouldn't improve us.

Not sure if markovic would improve us but he would be another option to use.

Sakho 100% would have improved us and I genuinely believe we would have more points if we was in this team.

All 3 will probably be sold on this summer - let's just hope Klopp replaces them with quality.

3. Rubbersoul

A LB playing his actual position with Milner playing his actual position wouldn't improve us?

4. Jimmy Squarefoot

Flanno isn't a LB. he's not even a good full back in general. He's not even playing for Burnley.

I would prefer either replacing Milner with Moreno - people can criticise all they want but our defence has not improved, whilst losing our attacking ability down the left and now being tweeted down the left flank far more.

Either Moreno or move Clyne to that side. We can't deal with crosses or high balls into the box.

5. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

No one is coming back with just under 2 months to go.

Flanno is done, sold in the summer.
    I would expect the same for Markovic.
    Depends on the relationship break down with Sakho, but I expect he'll go in the summer as well.

Flanno and Markovic are no loss, so any money made is good, put to finding 1st teamers of quality. Sakho frankly can easily be replaced

jenners04 likes this.
  6. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

More to the point - let's hope FSG let him replace them with quality.

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  7. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

I'm a big fan of Clyne, but it has to be said that he's not stopping as many crosses at source this season as he did last.

8. moreinjuredthanowen

I think personally calling what markovic is doing at hull "great form" is a bit of an exaggeration sorry.

so

1. contracts do not allow calling back loanees

2. Rules of the game currently would not allow a loanee to play for us if recalled outside transfer window

3. flanagan would make zero impact. we have TAA who is better and moerno who klopp hates!

9. BobbyD

BobbyD President

1. Milner is far better than Moreno in attack and defence. The only thing moreno is good for is kicking the ball and running and trying to shoot like riise but without the effectiveness.

Wouldn't say Markovic has been in great form. He's shown some nice touches, had a few decent games but has been dire as well. You need someone consistent. For all his great form he's only scored 1 goal in the league and assisted 0. He does offer you dribbling and counter attacking ability.

luvgonzo likes this.
  10. Jimmy Squarefoot

I actually disagree - Milner has been just as bad as Moreno, especially this year.

Difference is, Milner doesn't get the amount of media coverage for his **** ups. Milner is one of the most dribbled past defenders in the league, has let in a high number of crosses and has the worst completed crossing % in the league.

A lot of attacks get broken by him becaus he can't beat a man and has no skill or pace. He will often cut inside. Both of our full backs are painfully predictable.

He started off well enough but it's not good enough and has made no improvement. Our left hand side is now targeted each game, which didn't happen with Moreno (funnily enough).

11. Jimmy Squarefoot

Thing with markovic is that whilst he may not be of the quality we need, he was still an attacking wide man which we desperately needed.

Letting him go was just negligent IMO.

12. BobbyD

BobbyD President

To be fair i haven't watched liverpool too much recently so will take your word for it. He was looking solid for the first 15 games when he was playing. I haven't really seen any of you guys post christmas :).

I'm glad you finally agreed with me on firmino who is pretty much 90% work rate. I dont know what it is with him, 1 minute he's technically sublime and the next he's a headless chicken for the next 89.

13. Jimmy Squarefoot

Re. Milner - many will disagree with me. It's not an agenda, he's not good enough for us especially for the wages he's on.

Firmino is a quality player - he looks badly off form at the moment, similar to the rest of the team since turn of the year.

He's not just a work horse though - he scores goals and is creative. But he's not doing enough at the moment. We haven't seen his best form yet - he was immense as the CF last year.

The most important thing is that he is still contributing - he's got a few assists in the past few games. Same with Origi - he's had a poor season but his mins p/G+A is outstanding.

14. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

He's **** Jimmy, let it go.

15. Jimmy Squarefoot

A) he's not that ****
    B) it's a position of the pitch where we have zero cover

I'm not talking about quality - im talking about squad depth and managemebt

16. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

The kids we have in the background are better off playing than him. You talk a lot about players not being good enough, Markovic isn't good enough.

17. Rubbersoul

But for only seven games he would serve us better than having nobody. End of the day he is a 20 million pound player who we've signed and with how short our squad is its at least an option.

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  18. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

I fully disagree with this. Especially if you include RHC in there. <ok>

19. Jimmy Squarefoot

We loaned Steven caulker last January lol. I'm only saying to use markovic as a short term solution, then bin him off. I'm a position where we have zero cover.

Rubbersoul likes this.
  20. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

Should never have sold Balotelli FFS. :bandit: