1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mark Halsey: Fit to Referee?

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Blackcat, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Blackcat

Blackcat Member

First things first, just back from the game tonight and no complaints about the outcome, best team won. Chelsea back to their physically commanding best and are going to prove a real handful with their new additions added to the mix. We hung in, road our luck at times and kept the contest alive until injury time when the 4th goal ended the contest.

However, the real purpose of this thread is to record my thoughts on what I thought was one of the most inept refereeing performances that I've seen in many many years. In my opinion Halsey is not physically up to refereeing at Premiership level and his decision making today was frankly bewildering at times and became more embarrassing as the game ran it's course.

I wait with baited breath to see the formal assessment of his performance, but for me this man should be struck off the premier list immediately. He failed to keep up with play and fell for every sucker punch in the book, and his biase towards one of the big 4 was just astounding.

I hope this man gets his just deserts soon because most frustrating of all he will walk away tonight without ever having to explain himself, and his incompetence will likely continue to fly under the radar.

I'd give him 1 out of 10 for putting his boots on the right feet, there was little else i think he got right during the course of the game. He didn't even have the bottle to walk off with his assistants alone once the players had left the pitch; instead skulking off among the players to try to escape the fall wrath of the home fans who waited to give vent tto their frustrations - A truly shocking performance by a man way past his sell by date - Get rid of him now!!<grr>

2. marko1985

marko1985 New Member

agrree mate shockin. terry can do watever he wants, bosingwa can walk off pitch slower than snqil gtrr

3. FlagFlyingHigh

FlagFlyingHigh Active Member

Don't here it much at matches these day, trying to be all PC and that but I think the crowd summed it up pretty well towards the end when singing ... "The Referee's a Wan**r"

4. Stuck in smog

Stuck in smog New Member

While I take nothing away from chelsea some of the decisions were bizarre! Late into the game brable was fouled in our box we broke away and he pulled it back, not saying it'd changed the result but it was very odd. The lad (can't spell his name) walking off at a crawl and their defender (again spelling) having his head in Richardsons face after he kicked the ball at cole?!?

Not consistent enough!

5. InBruceWeTrusted

Mate we lost fair and square just accept it. We were completely outplayed second half, I dont think the refs deserve the attention they get after games.

We move on to Stoke where hopefully we can do them!

6. Blackcat

Blackcat Member

Brucie my thread started by acknowledging the result was a fair reflection on the game, that is not however the point.

If we cannot give vent to our frustrations here about a frankly pathetic refereeing performance where can we. I stand by everything I've said.

7. Steed's First Touch

Steed's First Touch New Member

He was a joke and was up Terry's arse for from kick-off.

8. Cest Advocaat

Cest Advocaat Well-Known Member

At one point i thought he was just going to put on a blue shirt, lift up his shorts and allow the whole Chelsea team to bugger him rotten.

Talk about a referee ****ting his nicks when refereeing a big 4 team.

WE got nowt all night.

It doesn't change the result or that Chelsea fully deserved their victory but it make me feel better to vent my spleen at a hapless piece of play. The dick breath linesman operating in a separate time zone to the rest of the world should also be stood in front of a **** throwing machine in a white suit as well.

However, as stated, on to Stoke and our quest to keep our improving away displays going.

9. FTM1973

FTM1973 Active Member

Thought Chelsea looked very well drilled this evening - looked like they can go on a very good run from now on in. Thought Anelka was the star of the show by a country mile in what looked almost like a central midfield role .
    Referee Halsey showed he's not back up to speed at all - I know he's in remission from cancer and am pleased to see him overcome such a horrible illness, but performances like that are not what the paying public want to see, so the sentiment goes out the window. Thought his assistant referee was also a joke - the one one the east side in 2nd half - bring back Sian Massey !
    By the way, was it a corner for the 3rd goal?? Looked like Terry shot wide to me??

10. WestySAFC

WestySAFC Member

I agree, I wouldn't mind if he was consistent.

For example, when we were on a break and he pulled it back for a free kick to us - he didn't do the same with Chelsea, pretty much exactly the same happened 5 minutes earlier but at the other end and he's waving play on.

Not good enough, just poor.

11. dickmalonespecial

Mark Halsey: Fit to Referee?- in a word no! <doh>

12. BilboSouthWales

Totally agree with the original post, shocking performance from a so called top level ref.

The Bosingwa incident really got my goat. Was the dying minutes of the game and Halsey shakes his hand and still lets him plod off at his own pace. Watching games like that make me thankful I'm not a professional footballer cos Bosingwa, Terry and that big clout Ivanovic would of had it. Was chuffed to beans to see Bardsley stand up for his team mates yesterday, I'm loving the lad more and more!

Back to topic, Halsey's decision making was unreal last night though those Blue shades he had on were very cool <steam>

13. gadgiejthemakum

Is'nt Mark Halsey the ref who has just come back from cancer. Not that I'm making excuses for him, as I think the referee's association have dropped a bollock in allowing him back to the premier. He is just not up to the high pace of the premier. He had a mare!

14. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

Chelsea deserved their victory, but I'm in no doubt that the refs incredible bias towards Chelsea influenced the result...

15. BillySmartsCircus

they probably would have won anyway, they looked good last night, though our defence could have been sharper, but halsey gave them every 50/50. what about when onuoha was tussling with drogba, drogba lent into him and fell on his arse, and halsey gave a freekick?? thought onuoha was going to pull someone's arm off, quite a glare he gave the fourth official who it was right in front of.

16. trevmacksw

trevmacksw Member

very bad ref always has been adds to the growing list of bad refs in the prem ,i take nothing away from chelsea as the best team won but he might as well of had a blue shirt on seen as he was doing what terry told to all the game

17. Rokerlad59

Rokerlad59 Member

Damnation!! You took the exact word out of my mouth <cheers>

18. Blackcat

Blackcat Member

Thank you boys and girls. I think that gives us an overwhelming majority 'NO' vote.

For the record none of us are however hiding behind his performance as a deciding factor in the game, but it was deplorable and I, and I hope in turn you, feel a little better for getting it of our collective chests.

Onwards and upwards, FTM, Ha'way the Lads!

19. AsamoahsDiscoPants

AsamoahsDiscoPants New Member

Which referees do you think are actually good referees?

20. psycho

psycho Member

Halsey was ****e, as was his linesmen.

I want to see all female officials in charge of prem games now. It's the new thing.