1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Manu vs Chelsea

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by StanDMan, Apr 8, 2017.

1. I'm sure that we were responsible for bringing an end to some kind of unbeaten run, which - had we not done so - would have been some kind of Prem record.

Am I dreaming this?

2. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

You ended our unbeaten run but we weren't unbeaten.

3. Libby

Libby 9-0

Beattie who we sold in the January just before being relegated if I remember correctly.

How many years after relegation did you stick around then as Walcott never played while we were in PL?

4. So, it was still a kick up your arse, yes?

5. Blueman

But you got it wrong, just admit it.

PINKIE and Libby like this.
  6. Yeah, that sounds about right. I watched most of your home games in the season that he won the Golden Boot.

I only saw him play that once. I didn't know who he was - I didn't follow Saints, other than the players that you used to put out regularly in your first team. I had plenty of hard-core Saints fans who would occasionally tell me about players coming through your academy, but I cannot say that I took any great interest.

7. Yes, I was in error, Bluey.

It doesn't really change much, though, does it, mate.

8. Libby

Libby 9-0

That was our cup final year, though I think he was top English scorer rather than the top scorer.

And that didn't answer the question, how many years you keep your ST after relegation?

9. Blueman

Never said it did. Thanks though.

10. We didn't. I think we gave them all up after that first relegated season.

Why are you so interested?

11. You're welcome, mate.

I'm never too proud to admit when I get things wrong. This board would be such a better place if others followed my suit.

Blueman likes this.
  12. Libby

Libby 9-0

Just wondering that's all mate <ok>

Just suprised me that you said last week that you saw both Walcott and Oxo come through when you've just said you had the ST as we were a local PL side.

Those 2 never played for us in Prem either. In fact Oxo was about 5 years later & never even played in the Championship!

13. I never said that I saw Walnut play in the Prem. Had I done so, it would have been a lie.

As for Oxo, I cannot specifically recall seeing him play a competitive game for you.

Without going into more detail than I wish to - or will ever divulge - I did get to see more of your club than most fans, including watching some of your younger stars play "behind the scenes." I am being purposely cryptic.

I even went to watch Eastleigh play it's first game after signing Le Tiss. He was carrying an injury, though (if my memory serves me correctly), so he never actually got on the pitch. What a ****ing dull game that was! I can't even remember who they played or what the final score was.

14. Libby

Libby 9-0

I might have misread it last week. I thought your comment last week said you saw them both break into the first team as a STH.

Just found it strange that someone would hold a ST for a Championship/League 1 team they don't support.

Maybe I read it wrong <ok>

15. I think it's more a case of my not having told you anything much, and you simply filling in the blanks and coming up with stuff that wasn't there.

16. Libby

Libby 9-0

Nope <ok>

I was almost certain you'd said that, can't remember where it was though... not important either way.

17. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

^^^^^^^ rattled

PINKIE and Libby like this.
  18. Libby

Libby 9-0

<laugh>

Doesn't enjoy being questioned by someone who knows the facts ;)

PINKIE and Tobes like this.
  19. I first became aware of Walnut in the season that you were relegated, but cannot remember ever seeing him play in that team. So, if I had said otherwise, I would have been lying. I tend not to lie unless it is for wum-purposes, Libby. Why the hell would I wum by admitting that I once owned Saints season tickets! It doesn't make any sense, mate. <laugh>

As for Oxo, I merely have a recollection of "seeing" him at Saints, but I cannot recall any of the specifics. I saw a fair bit of what went on "behind the scenes" at that club, during that time, and am sure that there are other players I could have mentioned in the same breath.

If I had known that this was going to be so important to you, Libby, I would have been a bit more careful with how I wrote this stuff. I didn't, for the life of me, think any of it was so important!

20. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

So you might have seen Ox 'behind the scenes' what the actual **** does that mean? <laugh>

Hoddle is a god likes this.