1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Manchester United v West Ham

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Chief, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I don't mind if he is a ****, if he delivers on the pitch. What's the old saying, he might be a **** but he's our ****. I bet plenty of rivals felt the same about Fergie.

2. Stan

Stan Stalker

Fergie was our ****.

Mourinho...not so much.

He could win us the European Cup (he won't) and I still wouldn't warm to him.

3. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

This season is a write off already looking like a write off. We need to take that "Europa Cup" (which Jose hates so much) seriously. When you have teams like Liverpool, Arsenal, City and Chelsea ahead by so many points at this stage, we would do well to finish in fifth place.

Mourinho needs to seriously go to the Vatican and confess his sins. Even the neutral gods are not on his side. I really can't believe how everyone at the club and ex-players (aka Scholes legend) completely blasted LvG and gave zero support. If LvG had this squad, we sure as hell would have 27-30points by now. But what is done is done. We need to give Mourinho at least 3 years to sort this out.

4. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

<laugh>

Whatever can be said of United at the moment, at least under Mourinho they play towards the opposition goal <laugh> The football is ten times better than under Van Gaal.

I read somewhere earlier today that we've had about 100+ more shots on goal at the same point this season than last season. If Van Gaal was still here, I doubt most of our best players still would be.

5. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Definitely better than van Gaal's ****. Remember last year when I said the crowd were dissatisfied, which didn't matter of course as the crowd are just idiots? Well, there's none of that at the moment. The football is actually ok and off the seat stuff, we just aren't putting it in the net, which is a massive problem of course and ****ing exasperating.

Was stunned by the team selection though. Considering how well they all played, dropping Shaw, Rooney and Mkhi was plain crazy. The result was that and it's all 100% down to the manager. He needs to sort it, sharpish, and start accepting some of the responsibility. The buck stops with Mourinho and his whole reputation is based on how he handles this, everything else he's ever done is now irrelevant.

The ref though, for **** sake. One of those little ****s who minces about the place thinking that 75,000 people have paid to see him. He was ****e. Attention seeking ****stain.

We still should have won though, comfortably.

Treble likes this.
  6. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

7. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Sounds far too much like Liverpool fans over the past few years for my liking. "Look how well we played, we won the passing, our luck will change, only denied by woodwork / keeper / injuries / referee / #bbcsalford" etc.

Right now we are drawing too many for it to be something that will just 'come good'. We need to be more clinical in attack and actually put chances away when we create them. Otherwise we'll still be saying we'll come good in four months time when it'll be too late.

Treble likes this.
  8. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Wonder if jose will get fed up pogba,sell him to chelsea cheáply,and then watch Conte
    turn him back into a worl beater.....

9. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

What do you reckon?

10. theevilreddevil

theevilreddevil Well-Known Member

Worked with Veron so why not<laugh>

11. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Yes this is how I feel. A couple of weeks before the Liverpool game I was talking about how good the football was so much better and we were just "waiting for things to click" and the goals will come.

But now it's been over 6 weeks and it's clear that this isnt simply about bad luck or great ****ing goalkeeping. There is an inherent problem that needs to be worked on.

For a start Ibrah needs to be dropped to give him a break. Secondly we need to be playing with the same starting XI (as feesibly possible) week in week out. Deal with everything else after that.

Btw have you read my thread titled 'Mutton Dressed As Lamb' ? <whistle>

12. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Didn't read it, figured you'd just followed @luvgonzo and resorted to sheep shagging to pass the time whilst waiting for us to be good again.

luvgonzo likes this.
  13. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Harsh! Couldnt find any sheep, Luvgonzo has cornered them all... literally.

It's very insightful even if I do say so myself. I don't think I've said anything in haste tbh.

luvgonzo likes this.
  14. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Insightful or inciteful?

You definitely got Sky and London's Biggest Leicester Fan going...

15. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Who would you play at centre forward, out of interest? I personally think Zlat is still the best bet. If not him then it has to be Rooney. None of the youngsters can be burdened with being first choice striker and Martial is on the list so it won't be him.

For me, Rooney plays at 9 with Martial off the left and give Mkhi a run on the right. Otherwise it's Zlat at 9 with Rooney off the left. We need some experience and nous in the side to start banging the goals in. Rashford and Lingard should be subs.

Be interesting to see who replaces Pogba on Wednesday. I'd like it to be Schweinsteiger or Carrick but fear it will be Fellaini.

Special mention goes to Phil Jones by the way, he played very well yesterday and puts himself on the line. Rojo is better than Blind in this position also, even though his control of the ball is genuinely awful at times.

16. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think Zlat really needs someone to work with to be effective. He plays well with another striker alongside him to link with, or at least a more advanced AM. The 4-3-3 with two wide attackers isn't playing to his strengths atm.

So I don't think we should have two of Rashford, Lingard and Martial playing off Zlat - we need either Rooney or Micky in the front three to give us the link up he needs. Or just go Rooney up front with a couple of wide lads and see Zlat sulk...

17. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

#bullies

Treble likes this.
  18. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

It's not a criticism of Zlat, I just think he's low on confidence and our football in the final third doesn't do him any favours nor the team in general.

I'm not kidding about what I wrote in the other thread. We have no particular plan in the final third. It seems to me Zlat is the first name on the team sheet and everyone (particularly the 2/3 around him) has to fit in around him. Zlat is the focal point and the 3 around him keep changing. And that means there's no consistency. And it doesnt help Zlat either! He can't read the other players movement and they can't gel with him. In the end we make it up as we go along or resort to crosses.

Personally, I'd play this right up to Xmas....

---Carrick/Herrera---------Pogba
    Mata---------Mkhytarian----Rooney
    ---------------------Rashford

Or Rooney up front
    with Young or Martial on the left in a 4-3-3

But I'm not worried about Rashford leading the line. He's suffering from the same problem as everyone else - inconsistency in our team selection. Play virtually the same 5/6 players every game with the same game plan and he'll regain his form.

19. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

This may or may not go down well but here goes.
    If we are going to persist with Zlatan as a target man then we need to play Memphis (I know, I know) on the left wing or Blind/Young at left back. I say this because they are the only players who can put a decent cross in from that side, without them everything is going through Valencia and is so predictable.

20. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Not sure about Memphis tbh, but agree about Young which is why I put him in. He's a natural left winger, and he has pace. And yeh everything from open play is through Valencia (who tbf has played well going forward, despite the tendency to sometimes cross without looking where).