1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Manchester United v Swansea City

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Matth_2014, Apr 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monty Fisto

Monty Fisto Well-Known Member

I wouldn't wish dai swan on my worst enemy.

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  2. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Nope, I have confirmed she is very good at her job and says what desperate people need to hear to pull them back from the edge <ok> :emoticon-0100-smile

3. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Should have gone with the childline number son, you don't get "admitted" to the Samaritans <ok>

4. Monty Fisto

I thought maybe you were a special case.

5. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Peoples,

Chill for christ sake before somebody implodes. Everything about Rashford and his "dive" "non dive" has surely been said. My opinion was he did but that isn't the end point is it. It is more the issue of cheating and it spoiling the game we love. Not Maradonna or Jordan or indeed Henry and the Irish. Just why players need to cheat at all. It is the bigger picture that needs addressing and trying to knock lumps out of each other isn't going to debate that question at all. Nobody can change the result of this particular match whatever the angst. Can't you just agree that cheating to gain advantage isn't what anyone with some sanity wants to see whoever commits the henious crime. And lets face it every team in the league and beyond infinity does it these days.

Monty Fisto and ValleyGraduate12 like this.
  6. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

If a behaviour is within the norms of the game and every player within any club would do it given the chance then it is not currently "cheating". Owen as a pundit thought that he would be doing the same and he thought that it was a clever move and most strikers would have done the same.

7. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

It's deception, which is bending the rules. Call it what you like.

You'd think it had never happened before to Swansea, a Swansea player had never done it and United had never been on the receiving end of it judging by the whining from one or two Swans posters.

This is of course bollocks. It happens week in week out and United are as much victims of it as anyone else.

Greeny summed it up in his last line of his last post #205.

8. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well said Lance. You should try using that argument in court <ok>

9. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

This is true.

Although I think everyone is missing the fact that Rashford didn't appeal at all. He didn't roll around theatrically like Costa, or throw his arms out in a Gerrard style superman effort. There was no sniper on the roof. In fact, rather than celebrate the penalty like most of the team did, he stayed down looking like he was worried he might have taken a knock. Hardly the actions of a master of deception.

In fact, my first reaction when watching the game was that it wasn't a penalty because Rashford didn't appeal - it was Rooney and Lingard around the ref whilst he made his decision. Although I can appreciate why the bleeding eyes brigade want to ignore that fact.

10. Monty Fisto

"MICHAEL OWEN says Marcus Rashford dived to win Manchester United a penalty against Swansea today."

You lot are delusional.....<laugh>

11. Monty Fisto

I don't think anyone is stupid enough to claim it wasn't a dive. Not even ex-utd striker Michael Owen.

12. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

If Swansea go down they'll be burning effigies of Rashford in the Valleys ffs <laugh>

I hope we make the argument moot when we visit on Saturday night :)

13. Monty Fisto

Yes he did.

14. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

15. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Show us the video. It didn't happen without a video.

Also show us the video of him appealing for the penalty. After all, he's a pretty rubbish cheat if he doesn't appeal for the penalty he dived to try and win <ok>

16. Monty Fisto

Yes that is an accurate picture of the cheat rolling around after the dive..

17. Monty Fisto

Show me one independent expert who doesn't think it was a dive?

18. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

"We all agree it's not a penalty but I'm hesitant to say it's a dive as well. It's turned into one, it looks like one, but having been in that situation you are more protecting yourself than trying to cheat everybody"

Michael Owen, the expert you tried (and failed) to quote earlier <ok>

Now show me the video...

19. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

You do realise Rashford is black, right?

20. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It gets me a bit that people who pay to watch actual football have come to accept and even agree with diving and cheating. Ok Rashford, as he is the current example, didn't roll around on the floor. That's a refreshing change these days. He also didn't appeal. But he didn't tell the Ref he wasn't fouled either. So he cheated in the sense that he was complicite in the wrong decision being made. Rooney and Lingard were though in breach of the rules. They ran to the Ref protesting when it has been clearly stated that it shouldn't happen. They brought unneeded presure on the official to give them the call. That's another issue that people have been up in arms about for a long while yet now seem to ignore. These players do what they do because we the paying public don't object. Well that isn't quite true. We object when it's against our team but almost applaud it when it's for. Individually we all agree it's not football as a neutral but change into blinkers when it's not neutral.

Had Rashford done the right thing and held his hands up the vast majority of people would have applauded him. Anyone remember Di Canio. But his team mates and Manager would have kicked his butt in the dressing room after. Quoting Michael Owen as an expert on the subject is quite funny also. Of course he isn't going to condemn it is he. If he did that half the penalties he was given would have been thrown into doubt. He is like a Wolf being the judge of a wolf in the killing of a lamb. "He jumped into my mouth and stabbed himself on my teeth your honour". "Of course he did, they are always doing that so it must have been a suicide". All of the Managers never see it if it's one of theirs but it's as plain as day if it's the other way. If the pundit had been a keeper what would the opinion have been then?

I just find it sad that almost everyone without exception accepts and even condones this stuff now. The fact they are so good at doing it says to me that they even practice it. Still the beautiful game??? I'm not so sure anymore.

BobbyD likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.